Oh, how I miss the days when the Left was Against Wars of Choice and Nation Building

Afghan special ops units a key to US exit

By KIMBERLY DOZIER
AP Intelligence Writer May 10, 6:11 AM EDT

PAKTIKA, Afghanistan (AP) - A hundred or so turbaned, bearded Afghans packed the plastic mats outside the fort, staring skeptically at Afghan officials on a makeshift outdoor stage. The officials were making the case for setting up a local police force.

Off to the side, watching silently, were the U.S. special operations troops who had made the meeting possible by flying in the officials and disarming the villagers before they entered the compound.

If all went well, the Americans would later be training the neighborhood-watch-like police force to protect the villagers from the Taliban, and hastening the handover of security responsibility to the Afghans.

The Associated Press got a rare glimpse at the ground level of this U.S. special operations mission - one vastly different from the daring raid to kill Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.

Read more:

AP News : Jacksonville Daily News

---

Nation Building... Didn't the AP and Obama Campaign Against this?...

And who are we @ War with?... al Qaeda?... The Taliban?... bin Laden's Corpse?

I do Appreciate the AP and the Left's new found Love for what the Military Exists for...

To Break Shit and Kill People... :clap2:

This Tone from the Left Changes the second that an (R) is @ 1600. :thup:

:)

peace...

And my OP, in case you are too Fucking Stupid to Locate it again.

Now Quote me, Dipshit.

peace...

It's simple.
You cannot nation build in a country like Afghanistan where local tribal politics is the norm. Once a military C.O. finally gains the trust of a local tribal leader to resist the Taliban after painstaking negotiations, the C.O.'s tour of duty is up, he rotates out, enter the new C.O. who has to attempt to do it all over again, if it even can be done again.

You're claiming that there are lots of Liberals who were against going into Afghanistan in 2001 but who are now for staying there.

Who are they? Name me some names I would recognize. If this is a common phenomenon, as you imply, there should be hundreds of examples. I'd be happy to see a dozen names.

Prove you're not full of shit.

Where did I say there were lots of Liberals who were Against going into Afghanistan in 2001?...

I can Illustrate that ABCNews to Slate were Questioning if bin Laden was behind it as he Denied being behind it, all the while they, the Leftist Media, were making the case that Saddam was more likely behind it, not this Figurehead of some Web of Terrorists...

You do Remember some of that, don't you?...

Or were you too busy Singing "God Bless America" along with the Soaked Panty DemocRATS standing behind the Cowboy President and tellin' Dubya, "Go git em!"...

peace...

Bin Lade was an excuse to go to war. We captured the mastermind behind 9/11 when Bush was President. If Bin Laden was such a high value to Al Qaeda why didn't he have more guards than he did?

That begs the question. If we captured the "mastermind" long ago, why didn't HE have more guards? I guess "not making a big show and bringing attention to yourself" didn't enter your mind?!?!

I do Appreciate the AP and the Left's new found Love for what the Military Exists for...

To Break Shit and Kill People... :clap2:

Perhaps you should read up on Special Forces and what they exist for.

We inherited the "nation building" mission the second we set foot in Afghanistan and Iraq.

If it has been somewhat inefficient, it is because Afghanistan was on the back burner for about six years.

I was in Paktika for one of those years.

Aside from not you making little Sense... There was ZERO Proof of bin Laden's Location on September 11th, 2001.

Is the selective amnesia really this bad?

FOXNews.com - Pakistan to Demand Taliban Give Up Bin Laden as Iran Seals Afghan Border - U.S. & World
BBC News | South Asia | Osama bin Laden 'innocent'
Bush rejects Taliban offer to hand Bin Laden over | World news | guardian.co.uk

The Taliban refused to hand over Bin Laden, and we then went into Afghanistan.

By all accounts, he escaped into Pakistan during the battle of Tora Bora, not before it.

Aside from not you making little Sense... There was ZERO Proof of bin Laden's Location on September 11th, 2001.

FOXNews.com - Pakistan to Demand Taliban Give Up Bin Laden as Iran Seals Afghan Border - U.S. & World

By all accounts, he escaped into Pakistan during the battle of Tora Bora, not before it.

Proof is a Bitch, ain't she... :thup:

peace...

Proof is a Bitch, ain't she... :thup:

peace...

For you and your position.

Where did I say there were lots of Liberals who were Against going into Afghanistan in 2001?...

I can Illustrate that ABCNews to Slate were Questioning if bin Laden was behind it as he Denied being behind it, all the while they, the Leftist Media, were making the case that Saddam was more likely behind it, not this Figurehead of some Web of Terrorists...

You do Remember some of that, don't you?...

Or were you too busy Singing "God Bless America" along with the Soaked Panty DemocRATS standing behind the Cowboy President and tellin' Dubya, "Go git em!"...

peace...

You're talking about Afghanistan in your OP. I'm surprised you already forgot that. You're the kind of person the first line in sig was written for.

I made my Request BIG and BOLD for you, Dipshit...

Quote me.

peace...

Which 'war of choice' that 'the Liberals' were previously against are they now for?

You're talking about Afghanistan in your OP. I'm surprised you already forgot that. You're the kind of person the first line in sig was written for.

Quote me.

peace...

Which 'war of choice' that 'the Liberals' were previously against are they now for?

It's the principle.

They hate Bush for attacking a country completly unprovoked that was of no threat to us.

They love Obama despite attacking a country completely unprovoked that is of no threat to us.

Quote me.

peace...

It's the principle.

They hate Bush for attacking a country completly unprovoked that was of no threat to us.

They love Obama despite attacking a country completely unprovoked that is of no threat to us.

Not quite the same thing. If we'd just bombed Saddam everytime he acted up, I'd have had no problem with that. It was the sending in of troops that I felt was unecessary.

It's the principle.

Not quite the same thing. If we'd just bombed Saddam everytime he acted up, I'd have had no problem with that. It was the sending in of troops that I felt was unecessary.

Yeah, I guess I don't get that.

The blowing up of innocent civilians and dropping cruise missiles on their heads is what I find wrong. If it was wrong to kill 100,000 innocent Iraqi men, women and children, then it'll be wrong to kill whatever the final body count in Libya will be.

Quote me.

peace...

It's the principle.

Who's 'they'?

It's the principle.

Who's 'they'?

NYcarb I'm glad to know you're one of the rare americans who sticks to his principle of being anti-war, but there's a huge group of americans who approve of the same type of warmongering when their bureacrat of choice is in office and disapprove when it's the other guys bureacrat of choice.

Forum List

Back