Oh, honey. You only wish.

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Wis. GOPer: If You Don't Like What We Did, Wait For 2012 Instead Of Recalling Me | TPMDC

"This is about the Obama election," said Darling. "Obama cannot win unless he wins Wisconsin. That's why you see all this money in here. That's why you see all the arrows and guns pointed at me. Because we had the audacity to take on the special interest groups and say, you know what? We are Wisconsin and we will stand up for the people and we'll stand up for the elections that said, 'get control of the spending and the debt and your deficit and put us on the right track to grow jobs.' We did it and for that, they're trying to take us out."

Finally, how refreshing. Honesty!

Koch Brothers' Americans for Prosperity Begins Six-Figure Ad Buy for GOP Recall Candidates - One Wisconsin Now

Madison -- Americans for Prosperity, the organization funded by big oil billionaires David and Charles Koch, has just purchased over $150,000 in television ad time for Green Bay, Madison and Milwaukee in what could be a new wave of spending to try and save the six Republican state Senators who are being recalled for their support of Gov. Scott Walker’s reckless attacks on public education, health care, workers’ rights and the middle class. This is in addition to $380,000 Americans for Prosperity previously spent this year to support Walker’s agenda.

There's all that money pouring in that she's talking about. ;) Attagirl!

Look at Detroit and Newark, UPSP and the US Auto industry, Labor Unions would rather neutron bomb the entities they work for than willing give up a penny. In fact, their mission is to collapse every city, state, and organization they are in with unsustainable pension fund obligations.

If this recall trend continues, in states with the option, we will end up with perpetual election cycles, with each party basically starting a recall petition the second a person becomes vulnerable to it by statue.

Wisconsin Democrats may have opened up a pandora's box, resulting in politicians that have to campaign thier entire time in office instead of legislating.

Wis. GOPer: If You Don't Like What We Did, Wait For 2012 Instead Of Recalling Me | TPMDC

"This is about the Obama election," said Darling. "Obama cannot win unless he wins Wisconsin. That's why you see all this money in here. That's why you see all the arrows and guns pointed at me. Because we had the audacity to take on the special interest groups and say, you know what? We are Wisconsin and we will stand up for the people and we'll stand up for the elections that said, 'get control of the spending and the debt and your deficit and put us on the right track to grow jobs.' We did it and for that, they're trying to take us out."

Finally, how refreshing. Honesty!

Koch Brothers' Americans for Prosperity Begins Six-Figure Ad Buy for GOP Recall Candidates - One Wisconsin Now

Madison -- Americans for Prosperity, the organization funded by big oil billionaires David and Charles Koch, has just purchased over $150,000 in television ad time for Green Bay, Madison and Milwaukee in what could be a new wave of spending to try and save the six Republican state Senators who are being recalled for their support of Gov. Scott Walker’s reckless attacks on public education, health care, workers’ rights and the middle class. This is in addition to $380,000 Americans for Prosperity previously spent this year to support Walker’s agenda.

There's all that money pouring in that she's talking about. ;) Attagirl!

What the Koch Bros put in is probably dwarfed by what the unions put into the battle.

Unions represent thousands of people.

Koch brother money represents two people.

The money that bailed out banks around the world represents millions of American people. Can we have it back please ?

If this recall trend continues, in states with the option, we will end up with perpetual election cycles, with each party basically starting a recall petition the second a person becomes vulnerable to it by statue.

Wisconsin Democrats may have opened up a pandora's box, resulting in politicians that have to campaign thier entire time in office instead of legislating.

Would that be any different than it is now ?

Would that be any different than it is now ?

Has there been a mass recall action like this in recent history? While I know most politicians are in campaign MODE all the time, the recall elections create a situation where the entire state is in campaign mode, and the sentaors have to spend all thier time on the campaign trail.

If this is a one shot thing, fine, but if it turns into a tit for tat every cycle recall fight, our already ineifficent government will get even worse.

When you go out and blatantly target only a certain group of people instead of all the people, what do you think is going to happen? Are those people just supposed to sit there and take the hit? If the workers of this country dont stand up to things like this then we will be on our way back to the time of two classes, the rich and the poor. Anyone who didnt expect these recalls to happen is frankly an idiot. Darling is nervous to say the least. She may hang onto her seat(it really doesnt matter to me I'm too old anyway) but she is visibly upset at times that she has to go through this. I wonder if she is paying her so called "fair share." I would doubt it. This state is divided, and will only get more divided. One school district is supposedly doing fine while the majority are cutting left and right but that one district gets the press as if all are in the same boat. The so called budget deficit changed every day. The state is now in a downward spiral unable to ever get out.

Forum List

Back