Oh Goodie. NK is selling to the highest bidder...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_5.html

N. Korea puts long-range missile on the market

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Wednesday, May 5, 2004
LONDON – North Korea has begun offering its Taepo Dong-2 long-range missile for sale to several nations in the Middle East.

Western intelligence sources said the most likely client to purchase the Taepong-2 is Iran. The sources said Teheran has been negotiating with Pyongyang for the purchase of the Taepo Dong-2 for Iran's first intercontinental ballistic missile as well as a space launcher.

On Tuesday, the South Korean daily Chosun Ilbo reported that North Korea was constructing two underground bases for the Taepo Dong-2. Quoting a South Korean intelligence official, the newspaper said Pyongyang has completed 80 percent of the work on the bases in a development that signaled the imminent deployment of the Taepo Dong-2.

The main source of North Korea's hard currency has been missile sales, primarily to the Middle East. Pyongyang's leading clients have been identified as Egypt, Iran, Libya, Pakistan, Syria and Yemen, Middle East Newsline reported.
The Taepo Dong-2 is estimated to have a range of more than 4,000 kilometers. U.S. officials said the missile's range could be extended to 6,500 kilometers, which would enable any Taepo Dong-2 fired by North Korea to land in the United States.

"Iran wants an ICBM and China and North Korea are already helping in the development of engines," a senior intelligence source said. "North Korea could eventually reach a deal to sell the Taepo Dong-2 to Iran."

The sources said that in 2003 North Korea discussed the Taepo Dong-2 with Libya and Syria. But they said neither country pursued the issue.

The sources said Iran was also considering the Taepo Dong-2 as the basis for Iran's Shihab-5 missile program. The Shihab-5 was meant to have a range of 5,500 kilometers. The sources said Iran has been completing development of an extended-range Shihab-3 missile, also termed Shihab-4, with a range of about 2,000 kilometers.

"U.S. intelligence satellites have spotted about 10 new ballistic missiles and mobile launching pads kept at the two places," the South Korean intelligence official was quoted as saying.

The intelligence sources said North Korea was developing a long-range Taepo Dong with a range of 6,000 kilometers. In 1998, North Korea launched the Taepo Dong-1 missile with an estimated range of more than 2,000 kilometers.

The Western intelligence sources said the United States has tried to stop North Korean missile and weapons of mass destruction exports through the Proliferation Security Initiative. But the sources said the multi-national PSI has not affected North Korean air transports of missiles to Middle East clients.

Yea. How is it that the UN focus' all their attention to condemning us for an isolated incident but don't say a word on this? Any doubt that NK is next?

This si scary to say the least:( . That lunatic talking with Iran about anything scares me.

How about we buy it from them, in exchange for their weapons we dont bomb them off the face of the planet.

Long-range missiles and the Middle East are a bad combination.
I wonder to what extent we can posess these weapons, though, and tell other countries to disarm.
Can someone enlighten me?
How big of a problem is N.Korea vs. the current and continuing problems in Israel/Afghan/Iraq/Iran/Saudi?

I mean, selling long-range weapons to Iran?

Because we are the moral compass of the world as everyone insists that we are. We are held to higher standards and therefore we are capable of handling these weapons without fear of premptively using them against another nation. Other nations own these weapons as well with little fear of them using tem premptively. Dictators that have shown complete disregard to their own people and have killed and starved should NOT have weapons of these kind because they can't be trusted. Hence the 17 sanctions on Sadaam that he repeatedly broke for owning or making WMDs.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Yep.
Something like that.

edited by rwa due to unnecessary, unmotivated aggression towards you before my first cup of coffee.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
edited by rwa due to unnecessary, unmotivated aggression towards you before my first cup of coffee.

thank you RWA, since I was about to mention something concerning your initial statement. :beer:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
thank you RWA, since I was about to mention something concerning your initial statement. :beer:

Yeah. I reread it and realized it was just totally unmotivated. I have coffee now!

Hmm, they cant transport nukes can they? I mean isnt that what nuclear nonproliferation was about? However, long range missiles dont constitute a nuke. Man, NK is just insane. Wait untill they attack someone, the future history books would have a bunch of arrows pointed toward them, lol.

I doubt North Korea will just disarm because we "convinced" them to. Just wait till they bomb Beijing or somewhere, S.Korea, China, US, Britain, and basically all of the UN will invade their borders. Future History book:
Saturday, May 15, 200x, NK nukes xxxxxxxx. Sunday, May 16, 200x, NK falls to the hands of the UN.

haha, I can see it now.:D

What's so idiotic? Am I an idiot simply because I can't predict who Shrub is going to install as dictator? Honestly, you knew Paul Bremmar would be dictator of Iraq before anyone else did? How can you predict the future?

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
What's so idiotic? Am I an idiot simply because I can't predict who Shrub is going to install as dictator? Honestly, you knew Paul Bremmar would be dictator of Iraq before anyone else did? How can you predict the future?

Yes and who is dictator of Afghanistan? Well lets go further back. Who did we install as dictator of Korea? France? Germany?Japan? I see. So all these countries never had interim leaders until the people were enabled to elect their public officials. They simply remained under totalitarin rule and have been enternally controlled by the US.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back