Oh good lord

There are still good movies coming out, we don't have to restrict ourselves to the ancients...

Though I don't like to think about how old Braveheart is.
Or Pulp Fiction. When it came out I related to Uma's character. Boy howdy, how things have changed.

I watched 17 Again..Zac Efren....that's all I have to say. I know it's just so wrong, but whatever it is, that kid has it. What an adorable movie...but then I like every one of the principle actors, and it is sooooo funny. And sweet.

I JUST made it through Alexander, with Colin what's his name and Angelina Jolie as his mother..omg, what an incredible flick! I had no idea (it takes a while to get into it). The battle scenes with the elephants, AWESOME. I had no idea that guy that plays him was such an incredible actor...he really was, and Angelina (as always) nailed her part. Val Kilmer as well, what a great Phillip (Alexander's father, who was murdered feet from where Alexander stood, almost deinitely with Alexander's knowledge, possibly by Alexander himself). Alexander was a complex character, really over the top and they did a super job portraying him without flinching at any of his foibles.

A sympathetic portrayal, he had an amazing ability to draw men to him, up to the very end, and win over those people that he conquered...but they still showed him as unabashedly bisexual and brutal particularly at the end. He went nuts (while drunk) a couple of times and murdered who knows how many of his own nearest and dearest...drinking with Alexander was a risky venture at best. Anyway, for anyone who likes epic tales, it's a keeper. Nobody knows exactly what killed him, could have been any of a half dozen things, including poison,..intentionally administered, or just old fashioned alcohol poisoning, could have been something in the water, a communicable disease, food poisoning, septicicemia...who knows...and the movie doesn't profess to know either. He just gets sick and dies, quickly and dismally...then eventually his mother, wife and child are all killed (his son some years after his death).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back