Oh good lord

It is a sobering though. Almost all of my favorite movies are 15 to 25 or more years old. And they seem so much better than most of the stuff Hollywood is cranking out in recent years. The original Star Wars movie, the one in which most of us first met Harrison Ford was 34 years ago - released 1977. The movie with him that I bought most recently was Six Days Seven Nights and, while he still looked good, was getting on up there. And that movie was released in 1988.

One of my very favorite movies is "Giant" released in 1956. I have a copy on VHS and every now and then put it on for nostalgic purposes. That was 55 years ago, and the movie is still a really great movie and doesn't seem the least bit dated.

It is a sobering though. Almost all of my favorite movies are 15 to 25 or more years old. And they seem so much better than most of the stuff Hollywood is cranking out in recent years. The original Star Wars movie, the one in which most of us first met Harrison Ford was 34 years ago - released 1977. The movie with him that I bought most recently was Six Days Seven Nights and, while he still looked good, was getting on up there. And that movie was released in 1988.

One of my very favorite movies is "Giant" released in 1956. I have a copy on VHS and every now and then put it on for nostalgic purposes. That was 55 years ago, and the movie is still a really great movie and doesn't seem the least bit dated.

I bench mark things with movies. Was that before or after X movie.....sort of a time stamp in memory.

Forum List

Back