Oh fuck this ethical media shit... ATTACK!

Ironically, they are indirectly verifying that Reagan was right. Enemies cannot be contained, the must be defeated.

Media matters is threatened by the fact that alternative viewpoints are provided on the Fox News Network. See when the message of media matters and the message of conservatives is put next to each other. The people will in large parts reject the media matters message. Hence, you have to shut down the other points of view.

It's an effort in futility. There are so many other forums to disperse the information that the message will never be contained nor defeated.

[And now Media Matters is deciding to strip off the veil of partisanship and try to do 'damage' do Fox? I'm sorry, they're no longer any more reliable source for anything regarding Fox because they have stated their goal is to harm them.

Here is the fallacy of your thinking:

A Circumstantial ad Hominem is a fallacy in which one attempts to attack a claim by asserting that the person making the claim is making it simply out of self interest. In some cases, this fallacy involves substituting an attack on a person's circumstances (such as the person's religion, political affiliation, ethnic background, etc.). The fallacy has the following forms:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B asserts that A makes claim X because it is in A's interest to claim X.
Therefore claim X is false.

A Circumstantial ad Hominem is a fallacy because a person's interests and circumstances have no bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made. While a person's interests will provide them with motives to support certain claims, the claims stand or fall on their own.

Fallacy: Circumstantial Ad Hominem

Ironically, they are indirectly verifying that Reagan was right. Enemies cannot be contained, the must be defeated.

Media matters is threatened by the fact that alternative viewpoints are provided on the Fox News Network. See when the message of media matters and the message of conservatives is put next to each other. The people will in large parts reject the media matters message. Hence, you have to shut down the other points of view.

It's an effort in futility. There are so many other forums to disperse the information that the message will never be contained nor defeated.

Christ, you guys are fucking drama queens. MediaMatters isn't trying to "silence" Fox. They won't even try - that would defeat the point of MediaMatters.

MediaMatters wouldn't exist if it wasn't for FOX.

Freedom of speech is a two-way street. MediaMatters is allowed to voice their freedom of speech too.

I do believe I can laugh at every 'media matters' link from now on with much more authority.

Media Matters' war against Fox - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

why wouldn't media matters call fauxnews the liars they are?

silly...
You DO understand the difference between their newscasting and commentary shows, yes?

Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Van Sustren for example are commentary shows that have a distinct political bias.

Their news broadcasts are quite balanced. That includes their radio broadcasts.

The same way CNN and MSNBS have hard left biased commentary shows, Fox is counter that, and in the greater scheme of the media provides a small slice of balance to the non stop rhetoric from the left.

Unfortunately, the CNN/MSNBS/big three networks don't have quite a balanced news departments. I've remember the 08 election newscasts from these sources and seeing the ungodly bias for obama on those channels.

And now Media Matters is deciding to strip off the veil of partisanship and try to do 'damage' do Fox? I'm sorry, they're no longer any more reliable source for anything regarding Fox because they have stated their goal is to harm them.

Trouble is there is no difference in F News commentary and their faux news, they're both created, trumped up and well, faux.. They're both designed to persuade the teaparty, neocon, conservatives to watch. At that, they succeed.

Hayek. Learn a little about history so we don't repeat the same mistakes, please.

That's fucking hilarious. The person who told me that Media Matters are the type of people who "allowed Hitler and Stalin to come to power" is telling me that I need to learn history?

Priceless.

The problem with you is that you do not want to see the truth. What's sad is that some people think, for example, the Germans were just inherently evil and that's the reason for Nazism. WRONG! They came to power because of central planning PROGRESSIVES! Learn your history, dude. It's not that hard and you won't come across as clueless.

Hitler came to power because the Allies humiliated Germany in the peace treaty of 1919 and left Germany in chaos and despair and susceptible to any rightwing populist with a message that

1) appealed to German nationalism, heritage, and pride,

2) that placed the blame for Germany's woes on anyone but the German people themselves, and

3) promised Germany an economic, political, national revival and a restoration of German greatness.

The Nazis delivered those messages perfectly.

Last edited:
Why did Fox come to be in the first place?
Because the people who watched the news were complaining about the unbalanced main stream media in the first place. People were getting sick and tired of having 2 or 3 dems and just one repub on their shows.
Fox fulfilled the viewers request to have a balance, which they do. Equal comments, one or two dems with one or two repubs. Fox also asks the hard questions,which is also what viewer's want.

I do believe I can laugh at every 'media matters' link from now on with much more authority.

Media Matters' war against Fox - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

why wouldn't media matters call fauxnews the liars they are?

silly...

images

people can claim that news part of fox news (for the five minutes it's on a day) has no agenda just as soon as they stop using the term 'homicide bomber'

people can claim that news part of fox news (for the five minutes it's on a day) has no agenda just as soon as they stop using the term 'homicide bomber'

These people who strap on explosives, go out into a crowd and blow themselves up are not committing homicide?

What part of equal dems and repbs are you not getting?
The left is not fair and balanced. 3 dems who gang up one 1 repub, is not fair to my way of thinking.

Drudge released a story that the George Soros funded internet blog site is about to bring lawsuits, and open investigations on workers at the Fox studios.

So if you work for Fox you'd better stop jerking to "Girls with Nuts", and you'd better stop blowing your buddy in public. You've been warned. Better cut ties with any groups that someone might think is questionable to the public. It doesn't matter if you're a small-fry who wants to remain n the closet, Media Matters, friends of Hillary and Obama are about to put a flashlight up your rectum.

I think this will be an invasion of privacy, but to these people the law is just an inconvenience.

About to? Media Matters has been trying to do that for years with no success.

[And now Media Matters is deciding to strip off the veil of partisanship and try to do 'damage' do Fox? I'm sorry, they're no longer any more reliable source for anything regarding Fox because they have stated their goal is to harm them.

Here is the fallacy of your thinking:

A Circumstantial ad Hominem is a fallacy in which one attempts to attack a claim by asserting that the person making the claim is making it simply out of self interest. In some cases, this fallacy involves substituting an attack on a person's circumstances (such as the person's religion, political affiliation, ethnic background, etc.). The fallacy has the following forms:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B asserts that A makes claim X because it is in A's interest to claim X.
Therefore claim X is false.

A Circumstantial ad Hominem is a fallacy because a person's interests and circumstances have no bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made. While a person's interests will provide them with motives to support certain claims, the claims stand or fall on their own.

Fallacy: Circumstantial Ad Hominem
Then again, the assumption must be made they were EVER a reliable source of information instead of partisan spin and demagoguery. An assumption I believe is justifiably questionable.

I would also like to thank you for debunking all the attacks on Fox News.

The leftist claim Fox News is claiming X because it is in their interest to say X.
Therefore their claim is false.

Good job shooting yourself in the foot!

funny-pictures-cat-pwns-dog.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back