Oh Dear! The Koran Says US Will Be Gone 2007

Here is some info on how he came up with 2007....

Koran scholar: US will cease to exist in 2007
Khaled Abu Toameh, THE JERUSALEM POST Mar. 29, 2005

A thorough analysis of the Koran reveals that the US will cease to exist in the year 2007, according to research published by Palestinian scholar Ziad Silwadi.

The study, which has caught the attention of millions of Muslims worldwide, is based on in-depth interpretations of various verses in the Koran. It predicts that the US will be hit by a tsunami larger than that which recently struck southeast Asia.

"The tsunami waves are a minor rehearsal in comparison with what awaits the US in 2007," the researcher concluded in his study. "The Holy Koran warns against the Omnipotent Allah's force. A great sin will cause a huge flood in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans."

Silwadi, who is from the village of Silwad near Ramallah – the home of Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal – is not a world-renowned scholar. He said he decided to publish the findings of his research "out of a sense of responsibility because what is about to happen is extremely shocking and frightening."

His fear, he said, is that the world economy, which relies heavily on the US dollar, would be deeply affected by the collapse of the US.

"It would be fair to say that the world would be better off with a US that is not a superpower and that does not take advantage of weak nations than a world where this country does not exist at all," he added."The world will certainly lose a lot if and when this disaster occurs because of the great services that American society has rendered to the economy, industry and science."

Silwadi said his study of the Koran showed that the US would perish mainly because of its great sins against mankind, including the Native Americans and blacks.

"As soon as the Europeans started arriving in the new world discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1492, they declared a war on the so-called Red Indians, the legitimate owners of the land," he wrote. "Then they began enslaving and humiliating Africans after kidnapping them from their countries and bringing them to America. Millions of blacks were brought to the US and treated with unprecedented harshness. Those who became ill during the journey were thrown overboard to feed the fish."

Silwadi pointed out that the US continued to commit war crimes and "ethnic cleansing" against humanity by becoming the first country to use nuclear weapons during World War II.

"International law penalizes such crimes," he said. "If these laws were not applied then, they are certainly implemented in heaven. If no one on earth is capable of punishing [the US], Allah was and remains able to do so. All these actions have been documented by Allah in a big archive called the Koran."

Silwadi said he reached the conclusion that several suras (chapters) in the Koran that talk about punishment for those who perpetrate heinous sins actually refer to the US.

As an example, he quotes in his study verse 40 of the Spider Sura, which states: "So each We [God] punished for his sin; of them was he on whom We sent down a violent storm, and of them was he whom the rumbling overtook, and of them was he whom We made to be swallowed up by the earth, and of them he whom We drowned; and it did not beseem Allah that He should be unjust to them, but they were unjust to their own souls."

Drawing parallels between Pharaoh and the US, who share the same "sin" of arrogance and excessive pride, Silwadi noted that the Koran mentions at least 12 times the fact that Pharaoh was punished by drowning for his evil deeds.

The Narrative Sura, he noted, clearly suggests that the US will drown in the sea: "And Firon [Pharaoh] said: O chiefs! I do not know of any god for you besides myself; therefore kindle a fire for me And he was unjustly proud in the land, he and his hosts, and they deemed that they would not be brought back to Us. So We caught hold of him and his hosts, then We cast them into the sea, and see how was the end of the unjust [verses 38-40]."

Explaining his theory about the approaching extinction of the US, the scholar went on to analyze many numbers and letters mentioned in the Koran. He said a careful reading and analysis of words appearing in the Opening and Yusuf suras show that the US will exist for only 231 years.

How did he reach that number? Silwadi said that by combing a number of suras hinting at US sins he reached the numbers 1776 (the year the US achieved independence) and 231. He added the two numbers and the result was 2007, the year when the US is expected to disappear.

In his lengthy study, which is being circulated in many Muslim countries, Silwadi noted that the US has often been compared to a tree that grows very quickly and bears fruit, but has no roots.

In an attempt to find a reference to this metaphor in the Koran, Silwadi said he counted 1776 verses from the beginning of the Koran until he reached verse 26 of the Ibrahim Sura, which states: "And the parable of an evil word is as an evil tree pulled up from the earth's surface; it has no stability."

no1tovote4 said:
Read the Left Behind series, the guys that wrote it are PhDs in this particular field.

I have read the entire series. Just because they are PhDs, that does not make them right. There are PhD's that are preterists too.

I just have to ask. Where the heck do these people find the time and money they have to waste to find these crazy predictors. Its always some complex method that never makes any sense to anyone but them. But here is is it predicts everything. Right. If God wants to warn us of something, He will say it the same way He always has.

freeandfun1 said:
I have read the entire series. Just because they are PhDs, that does not make them right. There are PhD's that are preterists too.

It might not make them right, but it makes them more knowledgable than a Buddhist. I am pretty knowledgeable, due to a vast amount of time spent in forced church participation, but every preacher or scholar that I know counts the first 3 1/2 years as part of the Tribulation, including these two guys.

The series was a fun read especially from the perspective of one that would be left behind if the rapture were to happen. If this came to pass I would definitely know what had happened and be one of the people that would never take any sort of mark.

no1tovote4 said:
It might not make them right, but it makes them more knowledgable than a Buddhist. I am pretty knowledgeable, due to a vast amount of time spent in forced church participation, but every preacher or scholar that I know counts the first 3 1/2 years as part of the Tribulation, including these two guys.

The series was a fun read especially from the perspective of one that would be left behind if the rapture were to happen. If this came to pass I would definitely know what had happened and be one of the people that would never take any sort of mark.

But there are no tribulations during the first 3-1/2 years. That is why I say I am a pre-trib, mid-week believer. The covenant will be signed at the start of the last week (last seven years) but the AC will not be revealed until the abomination of desolation occurs and the AC takes a seat in the temple and declares himself G-d. Then the "great" tribulation begins.

no1tovote4 said:

I enjoyed the series too although there are many parts of it I don't agree with. Such as the young man taking the mark, yet still being able to be saved. That is nowhere in the scriptures. Therefore, I believe there are many parts of the series that are flawed from a Biblical sense.

I hope others are like you and know that when (or as some believe - if) the signs begin to be seen, they need to make some changes in their lives.

freeandfun1 said:
But there are no tribulations during the first 3-1/2 years. That is why I say I am a pre-trib, mid-week believer. The covenant will be signed at the start of the last week (last seven years) but the AC will not be revealed until the abomination of desolation occurs and the AC takes a seat in the temple and declares himself G-d. Then the "great" tribulation begins.

See, here's where I disagree. There is lots of tribulation in the Seven Seals and Trumpets, prior to the rise of the Beat (anti-Christ). I think it is accurate to say that there are seven years of tribulation, although I think we agree that the antichrist's rule will last for 3 1/2 years.

Sometimes i wonder if the rapture will happen, and everyone will see it - then instantly forget - as if those gone never existed. Christ wants us to believe w/o seeing. I'd imagine it wouldn't take much for those on the 'left' to believe in Christ if suddenly millions and millions went missing.

-=d=- said:
Sometimes i wonder if the rapture will happen, and everyone will see it - then instantly forget - as if those gone never existed. Christ wants us to believe w/o seeing. I'd imagine it wouldn't take much for those on the 'left' to believe in Christ if suddenly millions and millions went missing.

No, it's more than likely those who don't want to believe would come up with some "plausible" scientific explanation.

no1tovote4 said:
No, it's more than likely those who don't want to believe would come up with some "plausible" scientific explanation.

I am a firm believer that the rapture will be blamed on aliens. I even think the AC might at first claim to be "one of them".

Just my thought on the matter.

freeandfun1 said:
I am a firm believer that the rapture will be blamed on aliens. I even think the AC might at first claim to be "one of them".

Just my thought on the matter.

That could be - I suspect the major religions in the world today will be largely uneffected, so it could be easy to dismiss the 'rapture'.

"Look - it wasn't the rapture...we are still here!!" - Rev. Jesse Jackson, standing beside Rev. Al Sharpton, with President Clinton to the other side.

:)

-=d=- said:
That could be - I suspect the major religions in the world today will be largely uneffected, so it could be easy to dismiss the 'rapture'.

"Look - it wasn't the rapture...we are still here!!" - Rev. Jesse Jackson, standing beside Rev. Al Sharpton, with President Clinton to the other side.

:)

Very true... I wonder how many who claim to be Christians will, by their being left behind, will show themselves not to be. In the Left Behind Series, many Catholics were left behind, but only those who were more into Church Tradition, as opposed to truly believing in God. While I realize that the Rapture will be based on individual beliefs rather than denominational affiliation, It would be interesting to see which churches lose very few members and which are totally gone.

But I won't be here, so I probably won't care. :halo:

It's going to be weird to get to heaven. I mean...I suspect that everyone who ever died will get to heaven at the same time, or because time won't matter, it could be instantaneous.

Forum List

Back