OH dear Lord special prosecutor Angela Corey

OMG..angela corey was fired from the DA's office where she had worked for the DA for decades. She was fired, she said for political reasons...and so she decided to run for her current position, and with the support of the law enforcement community, she nailed it.

Let's use wiki on this one:

"
She was hired by Ed Austin in 1981 during his tenure as State Attorney from 1975 to 1991, and remained an Assistant State Attorney after Harry Shorstein was appointed by Governor Lawton Chiles in 1991.[4] During her 26 years as a prosecutor, she tried several hundred cases, which included 54 homicides.[5] "

"
Corey made the decision to run for the office of State Attorney in 2006. After her candidacy became known, her working relationship with Shorstein became difficult. He terminated her employment in November 2006.[5] Afterwards, she was hired by John Tanner, State Attorney for the Seventh Judicial Circuit, to perform the same job functions she did in Jacksonville, working homicide cases in St. Johns County.[3][6]"

Angela Corey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know if she got fired from a private firm prior to 1981, but I don't think it's really significant of anything if she did.

Last edited:
Murder 2 is a very heavy charge. One of its specifications is acting with a "depraved mind." Another is acting with "deliberateness." It is one step away from "premeditation" (Murder 1). And the heavier the charge the harder it is to convict.

George Zimmerman's father is not only a lawyer he is a retired judge. That means he not only understands the working of every component of the law-enforcement mechanism, from the lowest to the highest levels, it also means he is a high-ranking member of a politically powerful back-scratching brotherhood. His influence has already been demonstrated on three separate occasions in which felonly charges against young George were quietly vacated.

I'm not a lawyer, but here is my impression of the situation thus far:

George Zimmerman was not "pursuing" or "chasing" Trayvon Martin. He was following and observing him, which is an appropriate action for a neighborhood watchman. And if Zimmerman's neighbors approve of Zimmerman having appointed himself a neighborhood watchman because of recent crime, the status is valid.

While Zimmerman would not have a right to follow and observe Martin on a public thoroughfare, my understanding is the activity in question took place within the confines of a "gated community," which is not a public thoroughfare -- which means Zimmerman was acting within the purview of his status as watchman.

In spite of popular belief the 911 Dispatcher did not order Zimmerman to stop following Martin (nor could he). He merely advised Zimmerman that it was not necessary for him to do so, leaving it up to Zimmerman whether or not he chose to continue following.

What actually happened in terms of the actual confrontation can only be determined by testimony. If there is no substantive physical evidence or eye-witness testimony to conflict with Zimmerman's description of what happened there will be no basis for conviction. And a key item of evidence to support Zimmerman's story would be medical evidence that his nose was in fact broken. If such evidence actually exists a Murder 2 conviction will be virtually impossible.

One thing is certain; everything we've heard from the Zimmerman camp thus far is based on strategic planning at the highest possible level.

George Zimmerman not a member of recognized neighborhood watch organization

When 28-year-old George Zimmerman was discovered by Sanford, Florida police standing over the body of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, they accepted Zimmerman's claim that he killed in self-defense as a neighborhood watch captain. Now, through a statement released by the National Sheriffs' Association (NSA) -- the parent organization of USAonWatch-Neighborhood Watch -- it has been revealed that Zimmerman was not a member of any group recognized by the organization. Zimmerman violated the central tenets of Neighborhood Watch by following Martin, confronting him and carrying a concealed weapon.

"In no program that I have ever heard of does someone patrol with a gun in their pocket," Carmen Caldwell, the Executive Director of Citizens' Crime Watch of Miami-Dade, told theGrio. "Every city and municipality has their own policies. Here in Miami-Dade we train people only to be the eyes and ears of their communities. Not to follow and most definitely not to carry a weapon."

Your point is well taken. But you must understand that neither the National Sheriff's Association, USA on Watch, nor Citizens' Crime Watch of Miami-Dade hold or represent any official status or authority. The pivotal factor where those organizations are concerned is cited in this excerpted sentence:

"Every city and municipality has their own policies."

My understanding is Zimmerman's neighbors accept and support his self-appointed status as a neighborhood watchman. And so long as there are no state laws or local ordinances prohibiting him from acting as such it is not a relevant issue

Last edited:
How do you know she was fired?? If you found that out, how hard was it to find out why?? Not a good researcher, are you??

It's in the paper.

According to the Associated Press, then-State Attorney Harry Shorenstein said Corey was fired after she failed to respond satisfactorily to a complaint against her.

Trayvon Martin special prosecutor Angela Corey is tenacious, dedicated and set in her ways, says former colleague - Crimesider - CBS News

You wold think as long as I have been here I am not going to post something without it being in the news.

The article says that Corey was fired after she failed to respond satisfactorily to a complaint against her. Well, that doesn't tell us much.

And it in no way reflects on her ability to try murder cases.

She has tried dozens, including capital ones.

Why were you fired as attorney from the firm you worked for in the 80"s?

How do you know she was fired?? If you found that out, how hard was it to find out why?? Not a good researcher, are you??

It's in the paper.

According to the Associated Press, then-State Attorney Harry Shorenstein said Corey was fired after she failed to respond satisfactorily to a complaint against her.

Trayvon Martin special prosecutor Angela Corey is tenacious, dedicated and set in her ways, says former colleague - Crimesider - CBS News

You wold think as long as I have been here I am not going to post something without it being in the news.

It was a a job in the prosecutor's office. The usual story when the stated reason is vague is POLITICS. Nothing to see here or she wouldn't have been picked up by another office.

Murder 2 is a very heavy charge. One of its specifications is acting with a "depraved mind." Another is acting with "deliberateness." It is one step away from "premeditation" (Murder 1). And the heavier the charge the harder it is to convict.

George Zimmerman's father is not only a lawyer he is a retired judge. That means he not only understands the working of every component of the law-enforcement mechanism, from the lowest to the highest levels, it also means he is a high-ranking member of a politically powerful back-scratching brotherhood. His influence has already been demonstrated on three separate occasions in which felonly charges against young George were quietly vacated.

I'm not a lawyer, but here is my impression of the situation thus far:

George Zimmerman was not "pursuing" or "chasing" Trayvon Martin. He was following and observing him, which is an appropriate action for a neighborhood watchman. And if Zimmerman's neighbors approve of Zimmerman having appointed himself a neighborhood watchman because of recent crime, the status is valid.

While Zimmerman would not have a right to follow and observe Martin on a public thoroughfare, my understanding is the activity in question took place within the confines of a "gated community," which is not a public thoroughfare -- which means Zimmerman was acting within the purview of his status as watchman.

In spite of popular belief the 911 Dispatcher did not order Zimmerman to stop following Martin (nor could he). He merely advised Zimmerman that it was not necessary for him to do so, leaving it up to Zimmerman whether or not he chose to continue following.

What actually happened in terms of the actual confrontation can only be determined by testimony. If there is no substantive physical evidence or eye-witness testimony to conflict with Zimmerman's description of what happened there will be no basis for conviction. And a key item of evidence to support Zimmerman's story would be medical evidence that his nose was in fact broken. If such evidence actually exists a Murder 2 conviction will be virtually impossible.

One thing is certain; everything we've heard from the Zimmerman camp thus far is based on strategic planning at the highest possible level.

When 28-year-old George Zimmerman was discovered by Sanford, Florida police standing over the body of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, they accepted Zimmerman's claim that he killed in self-defense as a neighborhood watch captain. Now, through a statement released by the National Sheriffs' Association (NSA) -- the parent organization of USAonWatch-Neighborhood Watch -- it has been revealed that Zimmerman was not a member of any group recognized by the organization. Zimmerman violated the central tenets of Neighborhood Watch by following Martin, confronting him and carrying a concealed weapon.

"In no program that I have ever heard of does someone patrol with a gun in their pocket," Carmen Caldwell, the Executive Director of Citizens' Crime Watch of Miami-Dade, told theGrio. "Every city and municipality has their own policies. Here in Miami-Dade we train people only to be the eyes and ears of their communities. Not to follow and most definitely not to carry a weapon."

Your point is well taken. But you must understand that neither the National Sheriff's Association, USA on Watch, nor Citizens' Crime Watch of Miami-Dade hold or represent any official status or authority. The pivotal factor where those organizations are concerned is cited in this excerpted sentence:

"Every city and municipality has their own policies."

My understanding is Zimmerman's neighbors accept and support his self-appointed status as a neighborhood watchman. And so long as there are no state laws or local ordinances prohibiting him from acting as such it is not a relevant issue

In a lot of news reports, they claimed Zimmerman was a member of Neighborhood Watch, and he was not. I did not hear that anybody could self-appoint themselves. So thanks for that info. Perhaps that should change in the future. I really think Zimmerman was playing Sheriff John and was bound and determined to kill somebody. I think it was inevitable and didn't matter to him whom it was.

Forum List

Back