Oh. Dear. God.

Bonnie said:
Gotta love Molley Malone.......... :dance:
Nothing compares with Celtic music and lyrics though

My daughter sings 'Danny Boy' to make you cry. Actually everyone always does. Same with the Ave Maria...:cry:

Kathianne said:
My daughter sings 'Danny Boy' to make you cry. Actually everyone always does. Same with the Ave Maria...:cry:

There's a band that we usually see on St Patrick's day that come from Ireland and play at this local restaurant, they do a version of Danny Boy, and When Irish Eyes Are Smilin that does have everyone teary eyed.

I guess your daughter has a great voice??

Hagbard Celine said:
You know, before the Italian Renaissance, Arab nations were the world leaders in mathematical and scientific innovation. Go figure! I guess everybody gets a turn eventually.

So what? It amazes me how often I have heard this, like it means anything in todays world.

Bonnie said:
There's a band that we usually see on St Patrick's day that come from Ireland and play at this local restaurant, they do a version of Danny Boy, and When Irish Eyes Are Smilin that does have everyone teary eyed.

I guess your daughter has a great voice??
Bonnie, I can't describe her voice. Really. She sings opera, jazz, blues, pop. Well it's her major, but the professors were telling her to apply for that Fox show, she said, "No, too weird." (Sorry, I don't know the name of the show.)

I remember when she was in 7th grade, Catholic School, very shy. She got the part of Mary Magdalene in "Godspell". While a good role, wasn't one of the leads. She belted out the two songs she had, using a feather boa in a very un-like 7th grade manner. She's 24 now and parents still remember...:rolleyes:

That summer, she was trying out for Annie production. She didn't know what the role was, they told her to choose her own music. She sang, "Castle in the Clouds" from Les Miserables. Got the role. She has been paid for singing ever since.

Kathianne said:
Bonnie, I can't describe her voice. Really. She sings opera, jazz, blues, pop. Well it's her major, but the professors were telling her to apply for that Fox show, she said, "No, too weird." (Sorry, I don't know the name of the show.)

I remember when she was in 7th grade, Catholic School, very shy. She got the part of Mary Magdalene in "Godspell". While a good role, wasn't one of the leads. She belted out the two songs she had, using a feather boa in a very un-like 7th grade manner. She's 24 now and parents still remember...:rolleyes:

That summer, she was trying out for Annie production. She didn't know what the role was, they told her to choose her own music. She sang, "Castle in the Clouds" from Les Miserables. Got the role. She has been paid for singing ever since.

Wow!! I admire talented people like that. She is getting paid for something she loves doing and does it well..Can't ask for more..

Bonnie said:
Wow!! I admire talented people like that. She is getting paid for something she loves doing and does it well..Can't ask for more..

LOL, me too. I may have been at the head of my classes, but she is making enough to keep herself in university full time, working on weekends. Now she has learning disabilities, but I'll bet when all is said and done, she will pass me by by several miles. :laugh:

Forum List

Back