Oh Crap!

Upstairs toilet overflowed from tank for nearly 2 hours. Just called insurance. Water everywhere, from upstairs to basement. Garage. Lots of drywall, carpeting, and painting.

Adjuster is supposed to call within an hour. Hoping bathtub doesn't fall into garage.

Just realized I left my purse at Thanksgiving house last evening.

Almost the exact same thing happened to me a month ago.

You forgot your purse?

Upstairs toilet overflowed from tank for nearly 2 hours. Just called insurance. Water everywhere, from upstairs to basement. Garage. Lots of drywall, carpeting, and painting.

Adjuster is supposed to call within an hour. Hoping bathtub doesn't fall into garage.

You forgot your purse?

Yeah, I'm bad. Happens to me at school at least twice a month. :redface: carrying laptop, book bags, just figure I have it. Nothing like going to a gas station and 'whoops' no purse!

Cost me 7 grand to repair.

No insurance? If I didn't have coverage I think I'd be in big doo doo. Odds of this going over 10k are pretty good. But the house is covered at over $300k; contents $280k. First claim in over 10 years, no raise in premium and they're going to try and get my deductible from mechanism manufacturer.

If I can get all this done by Christmas, I'll be a very happy camper. Even if not, I'll still be happy. Unless the bathtub...

You forgot your purse?

D'oh, just got this! :lol:

No insurance? If I didn't have coverage I think I'd be in big doo doo. Odds of this going over 10k are pretty good. But the house is covered at over $300k; contents $280k. First claim in over 10 years, no raise in premium and they're going to try and get my deductible from mechanism manufacturer.

If I can get all this done by Christmas, I'll be a very happy camper. Even if not, I'll still be happy. Unless the bathtub...

Didn't cover the kind of damage that was done, in their 'opinion' it was my fault for not having the line cleaned, even though i had cleaned the line.

Plus the usual 2,000 deducable, they paid exactly 2900 hundred.

Didn't cover the kind of damage that was done, in their 'opinion' it was my fault for not having the line cleaned, even though i had cleaned the line.

Plus the usual 2,000 deducable, they paid exactly 2900 hundred.

Wow, lots of bad news. Maybe I'm just getting lucky being agent's 30 year friend. Dunno. The restoration people were here at 10:30, calling in a 'crew'. Seems water is throughout the ceilings, soooo. Looks worse than first thought. Garage damage looks very heavy and basement is more involved than it looked. I should know more later, much more by Wednesday.

Oh wow! Went to basement with the restoration guy, tiles on floor coming up, water coming down wall there too. Big crack with blistering in dining room. This suddenly is looking like more than 10k.

Looks like your gonna have a lot of workers there for a few weeks.

Annie, exactly what broke on the toilet to do this kind of damage?

Wednesday the handle wasn't working right. Seems that my son chose to remove it and put lid on shelf. He figured he'd run to hardware today, as he forgot yesterday. So I get up and do what we do. Then pull chain. Wait to make sure chain wasn't stuck in between the 'cup'? and hole. All looked fine, at 3:30 am.

Went downstairs, made and drank some coffee. My friend, 'the agent' called at 5:06 am to see if I had coffee, 'Sure, c'mon over.' After pouring her some I went into the main floor bath, well I didn't make it there. stepping out of the kitchen, 'water.' First thought, 'damn dog.' Whoops, rippling water! :eek: Water pouring through the vent fan. Out of electric switches. Paint already blistering.

It was about 5:15. Ran upstairs, turned off water. Called in claim before 5:30.

I'm holed up in my office now. Hearing aids off, (same as this morning, which is probably why I couldn't hear the water).

The demo guy said that anything that came in contact with the water has to go. Does that mean my ceilings? All walls? Garage walls are saturated. Basement isn't looking good. The adjuster said to expect to see more and more damage as time goes on. Looks like she knew what she was talking about.

I'm holed up in my office now. Hearing aids off, (same as this morning, which is probably why I couldn't hear the water).

The demo guy said that anything that came in contact with the water has to go. Does that mean my ceilings? All walls? Garage walls are saturated. Basement isn't looking good. The adjuster said to expect to see more and more damage as time goes on. Looks like she knew what she was talking about.

yes you don't want mold to start growing.

Wednesday the handle wasn't working right. Seems that my son chose to remove it and put lid on shelf. He figured he'd run to hardware today, as he forgot yesterday. So I get up and do what we do. Then pull chain. Wait to make sure chain wasn't stuck in between the 'cup'? and hole. All looked fine, at 3:30 am.

Went downstairs, made and drank some coffee. My friend, 'the agent' called at 5:06 am to see if I had coffee, 'Sure, c'mon over.' After pouring her some I went into the main floor bath, well I didn't make it there. stepping out of the kitchen, 'water.' First thought, 'damn dog.' Whoops, rippling water! :eek: Water pouring through the vent fan. Out of electric switches. Paint already blistering.

Wow. Sounds like after the flush the 'floaty thing' (I'm sure it has a technical name lol) didn't 'click' and shut the water off. Thank heavens you have plenty of insurance.

Wow. Sounds like after the flush the 'floaty thing' (I'm sure it has a technical name lol) didn't 'click' and shut the water off. Thank heavens you have plenty of insurance.

Indeed for insurance. Thank you God! ;) right now my house looks like a bio-hazard place. Can't get into kitchen or garage. These guys in masks and gloves keep asking, 'Is there anything you want? We'll get it." I feel I'm in a scene from "Men In Black", though they're in khacki's and blues.

Forum List

Back