Oh crap, I forgot I was called for jury duty!

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Ack!
Not until after Monday, though...I'll have to call them tomorrow. I doubt they'll issue a warrant for me before then. I don't even remember when the last jury trial was here...

oops

When I live in FL i was called at the same week every year for 3 years.
I even began recognizing others called with me for 3 years.
They are supposed to have a random selection process.
I asked them how I could be called the same week for 3 years running and it be random?
I was never called again.

I was called once, I was six months pregnant at the time, they let me off.

I have NEVER been called again.

I would gladly serve.

I read a study once years ago that said the average American would spend 167 years in jail if fully prosecuted for all the crimes they had comitted. Just comitted whether caught or not.

Selective enforcement sucks. If they are not going to fully enforce a law delete it.

• Banned
This is a tiny community, a very small county. There aren't many jury trials and there are a LOT of people with criminal convictions..or who just aren't registered to vote.

I was called once, I was six months pregnant at the time, they let me off.

I have NEVER been called again.

I would gladly serve.

You are aware that being a Republican is not a crime, right?

Are you sure? I thought Obama changed that?

:D

It is a thought though, make belonging to a political party a crime? Hmmm

I'm sure he would, if he thought he could get away with it. However, I doubt very much that truthdon'tmatter could remain unbiased if she suspected the accused might be a right winger.

This is a tiny community, a very small county. There aren't many jury trials and there are a LOT of people with criminal convictions..or who just aren't registered to vote.

Don't worry about it. Go on Tuesday and ask to see the presiding judge. Tell him or her you couldn't find any authority in the Constitution which allows the government to force you into servitude.
You will then have a record and never need to serve again. Problem solved.

i always go....i always get excused...

my hubby who never goes...is called again and again...where as...once i serve i am free for 2 years....

jury duty sucks...and get this last time this dude gets excused cause he is a christian...and the bible says not to judge others....and they excused him...

If you get arrested, get a good lawyer.

last few times I have been excused from Jury duty. My response is always the same:

"I may be scheduled for trial that day and I believe it would be a conflict of interest if I serve on the jury of the case im trying."

Lol..I won't get arrested, I'll talk to them right away.

The only other time I was called for jury duty my sister was the prosecuting attorney, it was pretty funny because I still had to show up and be dismissed.

Forum List

Back