Oh Brother… Democrats Rename “Bank of America Stadium” for DNC Convention

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
holy smokes...
links in article at site

SNIP:
Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 5:48 AM
The Obama 2012 Campaign sent out this email recently inviting Democrats to the DNC Convention in Charlotte at “Panthers Stadium.”

This email may have surprised their host city since there is no Panthers Stadium. There never was a Panthers Stadium.

The DNC Convention will be held at Bank of America stadium… But Democrats currently have a war against the rich, business owners, doctors, white men, stay at home moms, bankers so they switched the stadium name to Panthers.
It’s one of the drawbacks to running a campaign based on the politics of division.
The Politico reported, via JWF:

National Democrats have repeatedly touted their stand against taking corporate money for their convention in September, and so it was striking to see two emails from the DNC host committee referring to the Charlotte venue where President Obama will speak as “Panthers Stadium.”

It’s the place where the Panthers play, but it’s actually called Bank of America stadium.

A recent email from the host committee signed by former Al Gore campaign manager Donna Brazile urged people to win a trip to Charlotte for the event, which will wrap “Thursday night at Panthers Stadium with President Obama.”

all of it here.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...e-bank-of-america-stadium-for-dnc-convention/

I wonder what type of legal action could be taken, if any. Bank of America pays to sponsor the name of the stadium, therefore the stadium is called "Bank of America Stadium." It's one thing for fans of a team to refer to the stadium as something different (old fans of the White Sox here in Chicago still call the stadium "Comiskey Park"), but it's another to advertise and and print things up differently.

I don't think Obama would take too kindly to the Romney campaign referring to the White House as "Romney's future home."

If I were Bank Of America, I'd cut off ALL political contributions to Democrats everywhere.

holy smokes...
links in article at site

SNIP:
Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 5:48 AM
The Obama 2012 Campaign sent out this email recently inviting Democrats to the DNC Convention in Charlotte at “Panthers Stadium.”

This email may have surprised their host city since there is no Panthers Stadium. There never was a Panthers Stadium.

The DNC Convention will be held at Bank of America stadium… But Democrats currently have a war against the rich, business owners, doctors, white men, stay at home moms, bankers so they switched the stadium name to Panthers.
It’s one of the drawbacks to running a campaign based on the politics of division.
The Politico reported, via JWF:

National Democrats have repeatedly touted their stand against taking corporate money for their convention in September, and so it was striking to see two emails from the DNC host committee referring to the Charlotte venue where President Obama will speak as “Panthers Stadium.”

It’s the place where the Panthers play, but it’s actually called Bank of America stadium.

A recent email from the host committee signed by former Al Gore campaign manager Donna Brazile urged people to win a trip to Charlotte for the event, which will wrap “Thursday night at Panthers Stadium with President Obama.”

all of it here.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...e-bank-of-america-stadium-for-dnc-convention/

Big deal! Here in Baltimore the stadium is often called Ravens Stadium, even though it's really M&T Bank Stadium. Don't even get me started on "Camden Yards". There is no stadium by that name!

LOL you people pick some stupid crap to get upset about.

I wonder how stupid it would be if it was your millions that bought those naming Rights?

Is there a law that the Bank of America name be used in all mentions of the venue? Wouldn't the use of the BOA name amount to an endorsement?

Last edited:
I should of made that clear just a side note on this "Panthers stadium" convention lol. Bank of America has the word bank and America in it and thats a no no :lol: but they're not Marxist in nature no

Forum List

Back