Oh Boy Time For A New Beer Summit

Martin shouldn't have been shot. Under the circumstances, Zimmerman should have tried to fight him off and get away. Taking a young man's life wasn't called for in this circumstance. I believe Zimmerman released that after he shot him. That is why he held him and cried like a baby and didn't run.

But what should have been done is different than what is legal and what is not. When Martin came back and punched Zimmerman and started pounding his head into the ground, the 'Stand Your Ground' Statute applied and the homicide was justified.

Martin shouldn't have been shot. Under the circumstances, Zimmerman should have tried to fight him off and get away. Taking a young man's life wasn't called for in this circumstance. I believe Zimmerman released that after he shot him. That is why he held him and cried like a baby and didn't run.

But what should have been done is different than what is legal and what is not. When Martin came back and punched Zimmerman and started pounding his head into the ground, the 'Stand Your Ground' Statute applied and the homicide was justified.

Hmm is that true?

Most people are not emotionally set up to blow other people away. My guess is, Zimmerman reacted instinctively to protect himself and when he realized what he had done, he broke down. I do not believe, given the paltry information we have, that Zimmerman went gunning for Martin. He most likely carried a firearm for self-defense and used it for that purpose. But all this is my speculation based on currently available information.
I think it best to all back off and let the investigation take its course.

Forum List

Back