Oh, and BTW, Did Paul Ryan Build that Navy Ship...

Aug 7, 2012
Oh, and BTW, did Paul Ryan build that ship he so famously used as a prop when Romney introduced him as his VP choice

The guy who will be Mitt Romney's running mate in a campaign founded entirely on the message that only private sector experience counts and that President Obama isn't a fit leader because he hasn't run a business hasn't worked in the private sector beyond what the average kid a year out of college has done.

So Paul Ryan looks at his education made possible by Social Security and student loans and his work experience made possible by Congress, family connections, and Congress, and the lesson he draws is that the government isn't responsible for anything good? For any part of anyone's success in life? It's much more clear that the government built Paul Ryan than that Paul Ryan has ever built anything beyond a budget that would end Medicare as we know it, leave 22 million kids hungry, attack Social Security, and cut Pell Grants for a million students. And hell, the government paid him to come up with that.

LINK

Oh, and BTW, did Paul Ryan build that ship he so famously used as a prop when Romney introduced him as his VP choice

The guy who will be Mitt Romney's running mate in a campaign founded entirely on the message that only private sector experience counts and that President Obama isn't a fit leader because he hasn't run a business hasn't worked in the private sector beyond what the average kid a year out of college has done.

So Paul Ryan looks at his education made possible by Social Security and student loans and his work experience made possible by Congress, family connections, and Congress, and the lesson he draws is that the government isn't responsible for anything good? For any part of anyone's success in life? It's much more clear that the government built Paul Ryan than that Paul Ryan has ever built anything beyond a budget that would end Medicare as we know it, leave 22 million kids hungry, attack Social Security, and cut Pell Grants for a million students. And hell, the government paid him to come up with that.
"

LINK

"He did what he had to do — convince independent voters that it is okay to like Obama, okay to have voted for Obama, and okay to want to replace Barack Obama. His speech was not for the GOP. His speech was for independents.

Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney know that as the Democrats amp up the negativity, they have to give independents an incentive to keep independents in the race and for them. Paul Ryan succeeded.

Back in 2009, Rush Limbaugh addressed CPAC. The media covered it live, hoping it would damage the GOP. Instead, his off the cuff remarks put the Democrats on defense for months. He made the case that we have to support individuals over the collective, small government over big government, and choice in life (outside of killing kids) over one size fits all mandates.

Republican leaders shied away from those themes until the tea party came along and seized them. GOP leaders still shy away from them. Remember, the weekend Paul Ryan was picked, the GOP leadership was apoplectic that they’d now lose because of Medicare.

Instead, the GOP is now winning on the issue.

Tonight, Paul Ryan brought Rush Limbaugh’s CPAC themes full circle into the next generation with a youthful, smiling face that makes it hard for the Democrats to attack. He related to women, to moms, to small businesses, and to families. Paul Ryan made multi-generational points that it is time for a change. He used his personal story to introduce himself and bolster his claims. He made the argument that we must support individuals over the collective. He made the point that we must cut the federal government. He made the point that people should not be dependent on one size fits all federal programs and mandates.

He appealed to independents and the base. He remains one heck of a pick for Mitt Romney.

Paul Ryan is a winner.

A friend emailed me that if women really were as shallow as the Democrats claim and only think about their lady parts, by 11pm they all wanted Paul Ryan. Game over.

Barack Obama’s campaign had several weeks to define Paul Ryan and failed. Now Paul Ryan just defined himself in a way that resonates with swing voters.

By the way, do I get to point out what horse shiitake mushrooms it is that the media is declaring Paul Ryan’s speech full of half-truths when they rarely do that to Barack Obama’s campaign speeches? Seriously, this was a campaign speech of big ideas and the media would denigrate it by screaming that Paul Ryan left out key details when, in fact, they weren’t really relevant to the big ideas or themes and some just weren’t added because of time. Meanwhile, Barack Obama claims Obamacare will solve our national debt problems and the media goes blind in the bathroom to his flat out lies.

The truth of this election is that it is showing just how in the tank for Obama the vast majority of the media really is. They should be embarrassed, but first they have to get their messiah re-elected."

Paul Ryan: Winner | RedState

Last edited:
Lying Ryan has not built shit. Kinda funny watching them sing the lie little sheeple

I'm informed that Ryan was quite popular in high school (class president and so forth) but he never had any girlfriends.

He was characterized as being in many girls' friend zones.

I really can't imagine how such a thing happened.

A young handsome man in high school, apparently he was good friends with lots of girls, but somehow none of these friendships never evolved into a high school crush?:cool:

That's kind of weird, isn't it?

How many of us men here went through high school with plenty of friends of the opposite gender but somehow never got involved in a romantic relationship with any of them?

Anybody?

Last edited:
I'm informed that Ryan was quite popular in high school (class president and so forth) but he never had any girlfriends.

A young handsome man in high school, apparently he was good friends with lots of girls, but somehow none of these friendships never evolved into a high school crush?:cool:

How many of us men here went through high school with plenty of friends of the opposite gender but somehow never got involved in a romantic relationship with any of them?

Anybody?

That's kind of a weird comment as well as the odd logic hehind it. Not everyone thinks with their small head. Furthermore how to you know if he did or didn't. What's he supposed to do, tattoo it on his head. Maybe he likes to keep his private life just that...private.

Anybody?

tumblr_kvhlmh30cR1qz4h0bo1_400.gif

LINK

So August 2012 comes up with yet another meaningless thread that he and his ilk think will actually have any kind of meaning, rather than just drift off in the winds with the rest of their b.s. designed to keep the attention off their loser's record. Geez, I at least hope they're getting paid for their time.

LINK

Now that is genuine political butt hurt...

Thanks.....

Let's get really ridiculous. Did Obama bear the children that grew up to be the Seals that did the dirty work for the credit Obama took? Did Obama manufacture the weapons that they used to kill bin Laden?
Did Obama build the room that he was in on the day he watched the Seals do his bidding?

Oh I could go on but I'd venture to say...we get it alright. Owebama and the left doesn't.

charlie-brown-1-sad.jpg

Last edited:

Is the U.S. Navy a private organization?

You really are lame. This ranks right up there with that other pathetic desperate thread you created a few days ago and got smacked around in.

"He did what he had to do — convince independent voters that it is okay to like Obama, okay to have voted for Obama, and okay to want to replace Barack Obama. His speech was not for the GOP. His speech was for independents.

Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney know that as the Democrats amp up the negativity, they have to give independents an incentive to keep independents in the race and for them. Paul Ryan succeeded.

I'm an independent and I saw nothing attractive about Ryan's speech. Nothing he said made me more likely to vote for his and Romney's ticket. All he did was deliver the same old partisan lies that we've been hearing all along. His speech wasn't aimed at independents. It was aimed at the ignorant and uneducated. Honestly, this was Romney's last good chance to possibly win my vote over. All that's happened was that it almost made me want to vote for Obama. Not that Obama has done such a bang-up job. But Ryan's speech left me struck with a sudden thought: "With all of Obama's failings, the best alternatives these guys can offer is to blatantly lie? If that's all they got, how much less do they have to offer than Obama?" Damn, if my anti-duopoly convictions weren't so resolute, I just might have been convinced to abandon my candidate and support Obama just to help keep these guys out.

Let's get really ridiculous. Did Obama bear the children that grew up to be the Seals that did the dirty work for the credit Obama took? Did Obama manufacture the weapons that they used to kill bin Laden?
Did Obama build the room that he was in on the day he watched the Seals do his bidding?

Oh I could go on but I'd venture to say...we get it alright. Owebama and the left doesn't.

charlie-brown-1-sad.jpg

Uh....the point is that Ryan did NOT build much of anything but yet he keeps harping on that tired old lie "we built that"--"you builth that". The republicans seem incapable (or maybe they think their sheeple will not notice since they don't think beyond talking points) of realizing or admitting NO ONE got to where they are without at least some help from others, the government, family, teachers, etc. Obama would admit he didn't build things totally on his own.

Anybody?

That makes perfect sense to me.

If he dated one, he'd have to take her on dates, aka, SPEND MONEY. No wonder he avoid the ladies.

And no, he didnt' build that Navy ship.

But remember, the Tea Party will acknowledge, the military isn't the government, right?

I'm an independent and I saw nothing attractive about Ryan's speech. Nothing he said made me more likely to vote for his and Romney's ticket. All he did was deliver the same old partisan lies that we've been hearing all along. His speech wasn't aimed at independents. It was aimed at the ignorant and uneducated. Honestly, this was Romney's last good chance to possibly win my vote over. All that's happened was that it almost made me want to vote for Obama. Not that Obama has done such a bang-up job. But Ryan's speech left me struck with a sudden thought: "With all of Obama's failings, the best alternatives these guys can offer is to blatantly lie? If that's all they got, how much less do they have to offer than Obama?" Damn, if my anti-duopoly convictions weren't so resolute, I just might have been convinced to abandon my candidate and support Obama just to help keep these guys out.

All of the above......combined with local politicians attacking cops and firemen and teachers........was enough to push me to vote Democrat.

Come on over. Temporary or not......I refuse to vote for these arrogant SOB's the right has tossed up at all levels of govt.

charlie-brown-1-sad.jpg

Uh....the point is that Ryan did NOT build much of anything but yet he keeps harping on that tired old lie "we built that"--"you builth that". The republicans seem incapable (or maybe they think their sheeple will not notice since they don't think beyond talking points) of realizing or admitting NO ONE got to where they are without at least some help from others, the government, family, teachers, etc. Obama would admit he didn't build things totally on his own.

"Obama would admit he didn't build things totally on his own."
Would he admit that he sure as hell has destroyed a lot that he didn't build either?

Last edited:
Uh, building the "Army and Navy" is the Federal Govt's job per the US Constitution.....but of course the OP a fucking idiot.

You really are lame. This ranks right up there with that other pathetic desperate thread you created a few days ago and got smacked around in.

Thanks for making my point! Ryan mocks Obama for saying the government helped people in certain respects and Paul Ryan uses a government prop to promote his GOVERNMENT job/position! He's a lying hypocrite! Smack! Smak!

I doubt the Federal Govt is going to alow private citizens to build their own Navy, asswipe.

Thanks for making my point! Ryan mocks Obama for saying the government helped people in certain respects and Paul Ryan uses a government prop to promote his GOVERNMENT job/position! He's a lying hypocrite! Smack! Smak!

Forum List

Back