officlal Lakers vs Celtics NBA Finals thread.

It's not that I'm a basketball guy, or that I could give a shit what's going on in the NBA 99% of the season. It's just that, god, I really hate the fucking Lakers! :(

Me too, and I hate Ron Artest too, for what he did to my Pacers. :evil:

I hate the Lakers in the same way I hate the Yankees and especially the clown-bitch Cowboys. I can't stand any team where the locals feel they're "Supposed to win." Meanwhile, there's a peppering of POSERS throughout the country that root for these teams, and rock their hats and jerseys because they think it's cool.

But whaddya gonna do. The Yanks knocked off my Phillies last year and the clown-bitch-homo Cowboys knocked off my Eagles. Hard to stomach but I deal with it.

It's not that I'm a basketball guy, or that I could give a shit what's going on in the NBA 99% of the season. It's just that, god, I really hate the fucking Lakers! :(

I hate the Lakers in the same way I hate the Yankees and especially the clown-bitch Cowboys. I can't stand any team where the locals feel they're "Supposed to win." Meanwhile, there's a peppering of POSERS throughout the country that root for these teams, and rock their hats and jerseys because they think it's cool.

But whaddya gonna do. The Yanks knocked off my Phillies last year and the clown-bitch-homo Cowboys knocked off my Eagles. Hard to stomach but I deal with it.

Wow! Sounds like sour grapes from juvenile. :lol:

Keep in mind as you do your "hatin".....it's only a game. :eusa_shhh:

Wow! Sounds like sour grapes from juvenile. :lol:

Keep in mind as you do your "hatin".....it's only a game. :eusa_shhh:

I know, right! Why do I get so worked up over something that really has ZERO effect on my actual life.....:) Then go off on a rant and people think I'm a lunatic!

Hooray!! It is over.

Damn! Doesn't the 2010-2011 season start up in like three weeks?

Why can't the NFL be as long as the NBA season?

Immie

Hooray!! It is over.

Immie

Yeah, at least my team (the Colts) always do well, unlike my Pacers,,,,they have sucked ever since Ron Artest ruined them.

Hooray!! It is over.

Immie

Yeah, at least my team (the Colts) always do well, unlike my Pacers,,,,they have sucked ever since Ron Artest ruined them.

Always do well?

I don't want to spend time looking up team records, but if I remember correctly there have been years where the Colts were laughingstocks in the NFL, just as my Raiders have been for... well, seems like forever now. :razz:

Remember all players get old and all great teams fall sooner or later. Manning won't be a Colt forever just as Favre is no longer a Packer.

Who the heck is Ron Artest?

But, I do know one good thing about the NBA. Care to know what it is? Hell, I'll tell you anyway... there is no better cure for insomnia than a televised NBA game. :razz:

Immie

Game 7 was EPIC!!! It was physical, ugly, intense basketball. It was a cross between a rugby game and a boxing match. Brutal but brilliant. In the end it came down to which team wanted it more -that team was the Lakers. The Lakers dominated the boards and matched the physicality of the Celtics throughout. They never gave up even though they were missing shots left and right. In the end, the better team won.

Celtics fans have nothing to be ashamed of! They should be proud of their team - the Celtics pushed the series to 7 games and they played with a lot of intensity and heart. They were impressive. Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnet, and the rest of the team can all hold their heads up high. They beat Cleveland and the beat Orlando decisively to get there - two teams with better records - two teams that were "supposed" to beat them. They lost to the best team in Basketball - after 7 great GAMES - and they COVERED THE SPREAD!! They have nothing to be ashamed of, they played with Honor!

PS - to all you Kobe and Laker haters : Face it, you only hate them because they are great. Think about it....... Nobody "hates" the LA Clippers (except for their fans!). Nobody "hates" the Charlotte Bobcats.....Nobody "hates" the Memphis Grizzlies (nobody even knows who they hell they are!) You "hate" the Lakers (and Kobe) because they are FREAKIN' GREAT!!! You "hate" them because your own teams lose to them consistently.

PPS -- Laker and Kobe haters, you're in for a world of hurt - the World Champions Lakers are favorites to THREE-PEAT next year. :rofl:

Game 7 was EPIC!!! It was physical, ugly, intense basketball. It was a cross between a rugby game and a boxing match. Brutal but brilliant. In the end it came down to which team wanted it more -that team was the Lakers. The Lakers dominated the boards and matched the physicality of the Celtics throughout. They never gave up even though they were missing shots left and right. In the end, the better team won.

Celtics fans have nothing to be ashamed of! They should be proud of their team - the Celtics pushed the series to 7 games and they played with a lot of intensity and heart. They were impressive. Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Garnet, and the rest of the team can all hold their heads up high. They beat Cleveland and the beat Orlando decisively to get there - two teams with better records - two teams that were "supposed" to beat them. They lost to the best team in Basketball - after 7 great GAMES - and they COVERED THE SPREAD!! They have nothing to be ashamed of, they played with Honor!

PS - to all you Kobe and Laker haters : Face it, you only hate them because they are great. Think about it....... Nobody "hates" the LA Clippers (except for their fans!). Nobody "hates" the Charlotte Bobcats.....Nobody "hates" the Memphis Grizzlies (nobody even knows who they hell they are!) You "hate" the Lakers (and Kobe) because they are FREAKIN' GREAT!!! You "hate" them because your own teams lose to them consistently.

PPS -- Laker and Kobe haters, you're in for a world of hurt - the World Champions Lakers are favorites to THREE-PEAT next year. :rofl:

Good, can we just cancel the season and give them the trophy? I like my late nights. Doesn't it start in like three weeks?

Immie

I can't stand any team where the locals feel they're "Supposed to win."

well when your team is one of 3-4 that always seem to win it....how are you supposed to feel?....AND Cuy.....when you see fans holding signs saying "BEAT LA"....it just spurs everyone on more....especially the team.....who else gets that kind of honor?....

Rondo is coming into his own, most definitely. But he won't be penetetrating at will on the Lakers bigs the way he is with Orlando. Plus, he's got a cagey veteran in Fisher to deal with, who's been through the wars. Just look at what the great Steve Nash is going through right now.

Plus, we have the best player in the game, Kobe Bryant. Kobe's been waiting two years for this. He won't be denied.

Garnett is the only sure fire first ballot hall of famer on that team. You don't just walk into the HOF.

Pierce flashing gang signs wil be remembered by the voters. Low class moves do not bode well in voting.

It's going to be a great series.....Lakers in six.

wanna bet?
Sure!......But I don't bet money with lib's. Lib's don't pay their bills, let alone bets.

If the celtics win, i'll come up here and give them the props they would deserve. Same goes for you if the Lakers win.

Eh?

The Lakers were, without a doubt, the better team in the finals this year. Losing Perkins spread us too thin to compete with Kobe and the gang. The won it fair and square.

Sorry it took so long to pay this bet off... I quite honestly forgot all about it. I am glad you reminded me.

wanna bet?
Sure!......But I don't bet money with lib's. Lib's don't pay their bills, let alone bets.

If the celtics win, i'll come up here and give them the props they would deserve. Same goes for you if the Lakers win.

Eh?

The Lakers were, without a doubt, the better team in the finals this year. Losing Perkins spread us too thin to compete with Kobe and the gang. The won it fair and square.

Sorry it took so long to pay this bet off... I quite honestly forgot all about it. I am glad you reminded me.
:thup:

We'll see if we can make the same bet next June.......I'm not sold on the Heat whatsoever. The Celt's are still the team to beat in the east.....It should be quite interesting.

Thanks for holding up your end of the bet. I respect that!

Eh?

:thup:

We'll see if we can make the same bet next June.......I'm not sold on the Heat whatsoever. The Celt's are still the team to beat in the east.....It should be quite interesting.

Thanks for holding up your end of the bet. I respect that!

The answer to my prayer would be the cancellation of the next 45 NBA seasons. I figure in 45 years I will be 94 and not really care anyway so they can start back up then.

Immie

who ya takin?
I've been watching Winning Time on HBO about the Laker Dynasty. I'm learning so much about the details behind their first championship. Very interesting.

What I never realized is that it wasn't Magic v Larry in the first finals. It was Magic v Dr J

The next year Boston beat the Rockets. The show hasn't gotten this far. I'm curious to see why the Lakers didn't make the finals in 1981.

The next year the Lakes beat Philly again. The year after that Philly won. So it seems like except 1981 when Larry won the championship. Other than that, seems like Dr. J had Larry's number the first 4 years of his career. Each with 1 ring though. But then Larry took over. Boston beat the Lakers the next 2 out of 3 years. Then the Lakers won the next 2. Overall, Lakers have 5 and Larry only 3.

After that my Piston's took over. Lakers played and lost to the Piston's once and Bulls once in the finals. The Celtics you never heard from them again. Overall, Laker's were the better dynasty. Post Red era of course.

Anyways, it's amazing I don't remember any of these details. All I remember is Magic won 5 and Bird 3. I just assumed they always played against each other. I didn't realize how good Philly was back then.

Joey Crawford was MVP of that series. He played in four games IIRC. Crazy.
I wonder if this guy was coaching too

1652360396928.png

He cost the Piston's the 2005 NBA championship. And if you watch those games you'll see too that Chauncey Billups was in on throwing those games too. He went from Mr Big Shot to mr turn over, mr charge, mr air ball.

I got the feeling that the mob was sitting at Chauncey Billups home with his family watching the games to make sure he threw them.

Forum List

Back