Officials Seize $134 Billion IN US Bonds At Italian Border

Terral

Terral Corp CEO
Mar 4, 2009
Greetings to All:

This story is interesting because countries holding U.S. Debt might be trying to secretly divest themselves of US currency holdings in anticipation of a U.S. Dollar COLLAPSE.

Huliq.com News Story

Officials Seize $134 Billion in U.S. Bonds At Italian Border

Italian, and Japanese news agencies are reporting an investigation is underway after a seizure of $134 billion worth of U.S. bonds. 2 men, suspected to be Japanese citizens, were attempting to cross the Italian border into Switzerland.

The incident took place on June 3 at the Chiasso train crossing where the men's luggage was searched.

The undeclared bearer bonds were found under a false bottom in their baggage. They included 249 Treasury bonds valued at $500 million each, and ten $1 billion Kennedy Bonds. If genuine, the Italian government stands to gain 40% of that value by law, but there is general speculation that the paper is counterfeit.

The Glenn Beck Show reported on the bond seizure in Monday's show. Beck suggested there were only a few countries in the world that could even afford that level of securities. He said "There are only 2 possibilities, (real or fake) and both are bad.

Written by Vera Sarkissian

Information from Glenn Beck Show and Asahi newspaper, and Italian newspapers Il Giornale and La Repubblica
Karl Denninger (from this story) gives us some insight into what is going on:

You're not going to walk into a bank with $130 billion in bearer bonds and cash them. Nor are you going to sell a bond with a $500 million face value to someone without them authenticating it. They will be authenticated before you get one dime out of them - no matter who you think you're going to "give" them to.

So if they're fakes and you're "just screwing around", there is no reason to hide them. Nor is there any particular reason to have authentic and recent original bank documents in your luggage with them, as has been reported.

...Ok, who has $130 billion in bearer bonds? Remember, bearer instruments haven't been issued by the Treasury since 1982, when they became illegal to issue, at least to US institutions and residents (there was an exception carved out for Treasury instruments issued to non-US residents in 1985 - a time of high deficits) The answer to that question: it is rather unlikely that there remains $130 billion of legitimate US Bearer issuance outstanding anywhere - to anyone. (Continued)
United Nations Economists have been predicting a U.S. Dollar Collapse (story) and some of our Debtors might very well be getting nervous to the point of utilizing these kinds of methods to protect themselves from the Collapse of the U.S. Economy (how to survive = here).

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
what actually would the end result be if the dollar collapsed? Would we be forced in to another currency?

would it take $300k to buy my house instead of $165k because the dollar isn't worth a crud?

What does it mean when you say 'the dollar collapses'?

• Banned
Hi Care4all:

what actually would the end result be if the dollar collapsed? Would we be forced in to another currency?

would it take $300k to buy my house instead of $165k because the dollar isn't worth a crud?

What does it mean when you say 'the dollar collapses'?

It means that the dollars in your pocket become worthless and we go the way of Argentina and Zimbabwe . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zmfTPePjgA"]Gerald Celente: America Like Zimbabwe Total Collapse[/ame]

The coming Depression is going to be 'much' worse, because the Dollar and the U.S. Economy are going to collapse together amid escalating unemployment and crashing house prices; even if your money was worth something. The American Middle Class is going to disappear and the USA will crumble under Obama's New World Order Fascism.

The Bio-weapon Virus will mutate and panic will be transformed to pandemonium and utter chaos, until the survivors are playing "Mad Max" and Obama's promise for "Change" is becomes the New World Order Reality.

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
  • Banned
Hi Toro:

Er, Terral.

You've posted a youtube video equating America with Zimbabwe.

The highest monthly rate of inflation in Zimbabwe was 79,600,000,000% . . . Do you see a wee bit of a disconnect there? Do you understand the difference? I mean, at all?

Stay tuned . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hyRPRWaPpo]Marc Farber on Hyperinflation USA[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuoaGOYCP8E&feature=related]The Economic Collapse Of 2009 (HyperInflation)[/ame]

GL,

Terral

The fact that someone says they will does not mean they will.

And I have an enormous respect for Marc Faber. But Faber has been saying America needs to dramatically raise interest rates, a remarkably dumb thing to do in a recession as bad as this one.

• Banned
Hi Toro:

The fact that someone says they will does not mean they will.

This is the "Conspiracy THEORIES" Forum my bullheaded friend and not the Conspiracy Absolute Fact Forum. We present a 'thesis' and 'claims' that appear to be supported by the 'evidence,' so that others can draw educated 'conclusions' on one Conspiracy Theory "Topic" or another.

And I have an enormous respect for Marc Faber. But Faber has been saying America needs to dramatically raise interest rates, a remarkably dumb thing to do in a recession as bad as this one.

Peter Schiff and Gerald Celente are drawing the same conclusions from the 'evidence' and what El Toro thinks about Faber has nothing to do with the price of rice in China either.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-zHaEWV20k"]Gerald Celente On The Coming Collapse[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3YMlTcnSIw"]Peter Schiff On The Coming Collapse[/ame]

Should El Toro believe that the U.S. Economy is actually going to get better, then please haul out that 'evidence' and perhaps we will have something to debate.

Foreign countries are getting nervous about the collapse of the U.S. Dollar and the collapse of the U.S. Economy, which is the reason you see stories about Billions and Billions and Billions of Dollars in US Bonds being sneaked across foreign borders to try and protect against the 'hard landing' when everything CRASHES . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Terral

You don't really understand this, and you aren't posting "evidence". All you do is post youtube videos with people giving their opinions. Until you can articulate your positions, there is no point.

Inflation is probably coming down the road, but equating America with Zimbabwe merely demonstrates ignorance.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Hi El Toro:

Terral

You don't really understand this, and you aren't posting "evidence". All you do is post youtube videos with people giving their opinions. Until you can articulate your positions, there is no point.

Inflation is probably coming down the road, but equating America with Zimbabwe merely demonstrates ignorance.

And El Toro posts three sentences of El Toro unsupported opinion, nonsense and utter stupidity. Peter Schiff and Gerald Celente are people with their fingers on the pulse of the U.S. Economy who say HyperInflation Is Coming and the Dollar is going to COLLAPSE. Jim Rogers agrees 100 percent and has already moved to China.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzK-qZzmnTE"]Jim Rogers Analyzing The Financial Armageddon Part 1/3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0-Pv_V9RLo"]Jim Rogers Collapse Of 2009[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc6DGevJels"]Jim Rogers Economic Meltdown Part 1[/ame]

If El Toro :)cuckoo:) will not listen to Gerald Celente (link) and Peter Schiff (link) and Jim Rogers, then he will NEVER listen to a Bible Thumping 911Truther like me. The idea is to send these readers to people with a much better perspective than our own, so everyone has the same opportunity to draw 'informed' conclusions.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7R6vh0Mldo"]Economy Collapse 2009 New World Order[/ame]

But hey, if El Toro wants to continually drop three sentences of stupidity in our laps using no expert testimony from anybody, then perhaps that strategy will make the difference for somebody . . .

If a picture is worth 1000 words, then a good video with 'the truth' from the experts is worth at least 10,000 more . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cJNEeI-lFM"]This Is Where America Is Heading[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLM855oc7qM&NR=1"]The Economic Collapse Is Already Here[/ame]

The holders of U.S. DEBT are moving U.S. Bond Securities across borders in secret, because more and more U.S. taxpayers are living in a growing number of Tent Cities and The Crisis Is Only Getting Worse!!!!

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
I didn't think you could Terral. You are unable to articulate a position because you seem to understand what it is you are arguing. You cannot articulate in your own words because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Answer me this Terral, what monetary indicators do you use to conclude that hyperinflation is coming?

I have a lot of respect for Jim Rogers. I own most of his books. However, he has made some arguments that have been absolutely dead wrong. He wrote a book about China recently and released it just before China fell 60%. He wrote in 2002 that commodities were about to rise and stocks would continue to fall. He was right about commodities but said that stocks should be sold at the bottom.

I believe inflation is coming, maybe as high as 10% one day, which is pretty high. And I have little doubt that value of the dollar will continue to erode against real assets and the emerging markets currencies. But if you believe that a Zimbabwe style hyperinflation is coming with 79 billion percent inflation, you are an idiot.

I have a lot of respect for Jim Rogers. I own most of his books. However, he has made some arguments that have been absolutely dead wrong. He wrote a book about China recently and released it just before China fell 60%. He wrote in 2002 that commodities were about to rise and stocks would continue to fall. He was right about commodities but said that stocks should be sold at the bottom.

I believe inflation is coming, maybe as high as 10% one day, which is pretty high. And I have little doubt that value of the dollar will continue to erode against real assets and the emerging markets currencies. But if you believe that a Zimbabwe style hyperinflation is coming with 79 billion percent inflation, you are an idiot.
Some people, reporters and posters alike, like to believe that 1929 could happen all over again but our economic system has changed greatly in the 80 some odd years since Black Friday.

I agree with your general position that tough economic times are head but nothing like the Depression.

What doesnt get reported in "The Sky Is Falling" stories is that US savings rate is up, a good sign long term. Americans know what to do if left alone. And the economy could right itself much quicker if it weren't for government meddling (Stimulus).

Last edited:
The Treasury stopped issuing bearer bonds in 1982.

U.S. Says Treasury Bonds Seized in Italy Are ‘Clearly Fakes’ - Bloomberg.com

U.S. Says Treasury Bonds Seized in Italy Are ‘Clearly Fakes’
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Vincent Del Giudice

June 18 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. government bonds found in the false bottom of a suitcase carried by two Japanese travelers attempting to cross into Switzerland are fake, a Treasury spokesman said.

“They’re clearly fakes,” Stephen Meyerhardt, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of the Public Debt in Washington, said yesterday. “That’s beyond the fact that the face value is far beyond what’s out there.”

Italy’s financial police last week said they asked the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to authenticate the seized bonds, with a face value of more than $134 billion. Colonel Rodolfo Mecarelli of the Guardia di Finanza in Como, Italy, said the securities, seized in Chiasso, Italy, were probably forgeries.

Hi Toro:

I didn't think you could Terral. You are unable to articulate a position because you seem to understand what it is you are arguing. You cannot articulate in your own words because you have no idea what you are talking about.

YoSoFunny.gif
YoSoFunny.gif
YoSoFunny.gif

GL,

Terral

Tell me in your own words why you think Zimbabwe-style hyperinflation is coming.

You haven't yet. All you've done is post you-tube videos.

Oh, and BTW Terral, I do what Peter Schiff does for a living, except that I'm better at it.

Hi Toro:

Tell me in your own words why you think Zimbabwe-style hyperinflation is coming.

You haven't yet. All you've done is post you-tube videos.

Oh, and BTW Terral, I do what Peter Schiff does for a living, except that I'm better at it.

Very good. Here is Peter Schiff on the "Strong Dollar Policy" Hoax . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIE94_SNea0&feature=related]Peter Schiff Vlog June 12, 2009[/ame]

. . . so now we are ready to compare his commentary to yours. Please post that right away. We all need a good laugh (El Toro in action) . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2THs3oNooM"]Now That Is Funny!!![/ame]

GL,

Terral

Last edited:

Forum List

Back