Officials: Epstein's guards slept, falsified records

Well okay then, you - of course - are right and the people investigating the case, and people who have worked in the field, don't know what the hell we are talking about.

Enjoy your conspiracy theory. When you get some real evidence let me know.

Ok, provide me evidence, court worthy evidence and I admit he didn't do it to himself. If you have no evidence, then all you're playing is a "what if" game.
You want me to prove something didn't happen? Let's see some proof from the Metropolitan Correction Center that Epstein hanged himself instead.

They've offered none so far! A dead body with a broken bone in the neck is not proof of anything. Strangulation is a good a bet as suicide. Too bad there were no cameras recording or deputies awake to prove otherwise.

In fact strangulation is a better bet when Epstein could put so many other big powerful men away by dropping some names.
And, again, Epstein was looking forward to meeting with his lawyer on Sunday (he was murdered on Saturday) because his team was confident he could get his charges dropped due to double jeopardy laws.
Trouble maker

Well okay then, you - of course - are right and the people investigating the case, and people who have worked in the field, don't know what the hell we are talking about.
Sleeping absentee guards, cameras that weren't working, a man who supposedly killed himself was taken OFF suicide watch. A suicide victim who was reasonably optimistic about his future.

Yeah, that's exactly how it looks. Like you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Enjoy your conspiracy theory.
Enjoy your cover up.
When you get some real evidence let me know.
Same here, Andy Griffith. Same here.
I can't wait for any sort of evidence to magically appear that supports the theory that Jeffery Epstein killed himself.
I have to believe the law suits will begin pretty soon.

This is some good info here..sorry if it contradicts some people's fantasies about conspiracies and such:

Jeffrey Epstein Death: 2 Guards Slept Through Checks and Falsified Records

"The two staff members who were guarding the jail unit where Jeffrey Epstein apparently killed himself fell asleep and failed to check on him for about three hours, then falsified records to cover up their mistake, according to several law enforcement and prison officials with knowledge of the matter.

Prison staff discovered Mr. Epstein, 66, dead in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, officials said. He had apparently hanged himself with a bedsheet, likely fastening the sheet to a top bunk and pitching himself forward, law enforcement and prison officials said."

This does not discount any conspiracy theories

Even if I would like for it to do so. I enjoy debunking conspiracy theories more than most. But this does not cut it. If anything it strengthens some theories.

Having worked in a prison for many years myself this detail is very doubtful. Yes some cos do take naps or fall asleep on third but they are the exception

They are even more of an exception when it is a high profile or famous inmate

Even the laziest shirker would know better than to cop some zzss with the most famous inmate in the nation on their block

If you want to know more about what happened wait a year or two and see what becomes of those cos .

I would not be surprised if they wound up with huge payout

And you've probably worked in none yet have become the world's great criminal investigator.
You only have to have a modicum of brains and common sense to see a con job when it's right under your nose.
If Barr isn't blowing smoke out of his ass people may soon be singing. Epstein death shifts federal focus to possible conspirators

Say, you're a great authority (so you say). Why won't prison guards cooperate with investigators in this matter?
What could make them so reluctant to offer up information? Why, it's almost as if they have something to hide.

And you've probably worked in none yet have become the world's great criminal investigator.
You only have to have a modicum of brains and common sense to see a con job when it's right under your nose.
If Barr isn't blowing smoke out of his ass people may soon be singing. Epstein death shifts federal focus to possible conspirators

Say, you're a great authority (so you say). Why won't prison guards cooperate with investigators in this matter?
What could make them so reluctant to offer up information? Why, it's almost as if they have something to hide.
They do.
Rank incompetence! Probably systemic. The Union is defending a couple..maybe more. Apparently they are not liking the heat!.

This is some good info here..sorry if it contradicts some people's fantasies about conspiracies and such:

"The two staff members who were guarding the jail unit where Jeffrey Epstein apparently killed himself fell asleep and failed to check on him for about three hours, then falsified records to cover up their mistake, according to several law enforcement and prison officials with knowledge of the matter.

Prison staff discovered Mr. Epstein, 66, dead in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, officials said. He had apparently hanged himself with a bedsheet, likely fastening the sheet to a top bunk and pitching himself forward, law enforcement and prison officials said."

Even if I would like for it to do so. I enjoy debunking conspiracy theories more than most. But this does not cut it. If anything it strengthens some theories.

Having worked in a prison for many years myself this detail is very doubtful. Yes some cos do take naps or fall asleep on third but they are the exception

Even the laziest shirker would know better than to cop some zzss with the most famous inmate in the nation on their block

If you want to know more about what happened wait a year or two and see what becomes of those cos .

MCC New York houses high profile inmates all the time. Hell, El Chapo was there..do you not think that he was spreading some money to get out?

I think in a year or two..these co's will be unemployed..or flippin' burgers.

As for prisoners with money on their books. That can be for several reasons, but the "normal" one is payment of debts owed. The owing prisoner contacts family and has the money sent to the owed prisoner's family, who then put it on their books.

Oh and when I was working as an officer in a state prison I could get someone killed for a pizza if I wanted to.

These officers may both m,ay have not been snoozing, one could of been just screwing off. Cell house shifts with inmates locked down get real boring.
The guards could have been drugged.

Yet we know that he was on a suicide watch and then he was no longer on suicide watch and then commits suicide with a substitute guard on duty. How hard is it to check a prisoner ever 30 minutes as it should be so routine and does give them something to do. But for some reason they didn't

Barr admits that there were irregularities in which the DOJ had overall authority in Federal prisons.

If this happen under obama, yeah we know what he right be saying

This reeks of conspiracy and if your conspiracy nut this is so juicy. Of course if your a trump supporter then yeah no conspiracy

Yeah the faith that Barr will get to the bottom of this is like is like a hooker saying yeah I been checked for venereal diseases

The faith in Barr is that he will misinterpret results.

Conspiracy theorist buy into a low level democrat dies and it was a conspiracy to protect Hillary

Yeah conspiracy theorist are banging their heads on the table, why oh why did this happen under Trump and we cannot blame Clinton

So tying a sheet around your neck will cause someone to die, well it must have been a slow death. I guess they will have to remove sheets and bring in the sleeping bag.

MCC New York houses high profile inmates all the time. Hell, El Chapo was there..do you not think that he was spreading some money to get out?

I think in a year or two..these co's will be unemployed..or flippin' burgers.
El Chapo is one other high profile inmate
Two specific famous inmates does not equate to having famous inmates all the time .

Soreading money to escape makes the person who receives the money automatically an accomplice to a felony

Paying someone to look the other way or " fall asleep " during a " suicide " does not.

They may well be flipping burgers in a year or two but I bet no one will check

The point is that this official autopsy report is not credible or definitive

I have not said I am any kind of "great authority". I speak from over 8 years experience in correctional settings as an officer & supervisor is all.

About those officers - they should be cooperating if they have nothing to hide. At the moment we are told they falsified their check sheet and that they were both asleep for 3 hours (which I have difficulty buying - one yes, but both is tough to swallow).That's one reason for not cooperating. Stupid though since this is enough to end their employment. Another reason is if they are unionized the union will not want them talking. Lastly, I'm wrong and they were paid off to make sure Epstein bought the farm, which if they cooperated means they'd likely face more than just the loss of their jobs, so they will claim their 5th Amendment rights.

Something else came to mind - where was the shift supervisor? Seems he/she is spoken of at all

I will repeat something I have said before in this thread, I just want evidence of nefarious activity. That's all. Am I asking for too much?

As was said by someone else - time will tell.

I read your link and it's seems to be speaking of co-conspirators in the running of his sex trafficking ring, not his death in jail.

They do.
Rank incompetence! Probably systemic. The Union is defending a couple..maybe more. Apparently they are not liking the heat!.
Rank incompetence OR possibly guards being paid to ignore the murder of Jeffery Epstein. We really won't know until guards start talking and the matter is investigated.
But please don't pretend you know what's going on at MCC. You have no idea. Only wishes and hopes that your beloved politicians are spared the details of their associations with Epstein.

They do.
Rank incompetence OR possibly guards being paid to ignore the murder of Jeffery Epstein. We really won't know until guards start talking and the matter is investigated.
But please don't pretend you know what's going on at MCC. You have no idea. Only wishes and hopes that your beloved politicians are spared the details of their associations with Epstein.
And right back at you..i know just as much as you do...nothing.

Forum List

Back