Official USMB What is a Wall? Why a Wall?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nat4900, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,503
    No I don’t think Trump was calling white suprematists good people, he was clearly talking about people protesting the removal of statutes, and he did so because that was “his side” of the political arguement. But also on that side we’re some truly ugly and unAmerican people in the Nazi and white supremasist groups. But his ego being as big as it is just couldn’t do what a true leader should have done and United the country in opposition to that shit. He just had to direct a spotlight at his enemies “antifa” and conflate the issue.

I don’t actually think Trump is racist. I think he is an elitist who lives in his own bubble. He has an extraordinary ego which drives most of his decisions and when it comes to race issues or human rights or minorities he is just indifferent unless he has use something to his advantage.

2. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,503
    To your other point... the 300k. Yes that is a problem. But let me ask. Do you even know the port of entry stats?

3. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,376

I'm glad that you have not fallen for the media lie on that one.

But my example shows what I mean. There is nothing Trump, nor really any Republican can do, when the media will just make up shit like that.

Half the country believes that Trump called white supremacists "Good people".

That is on the liars that told/tell that lie, not on Trump.

Antifa was a big part of what happened at Charlottesville and Trump was right to point that out, or more to the point, TRY to point that out.

We can't have any real debate about race issue, or human rights, as long as the media is lying about what happens.

Most of the people that showed up to that rally, were misled by dishonest white supremacists.

White supremacist CAN'T get a rally in the hundreds. They are an irrelevant fringe.

That is important information. That is GOOD NEWS.

But the media has successfully lied to the American people about that, and a large percentage of the believe that America is a very racist place and that Trump was elected because of a racist backlash against Obama, and because of significant support from some large white supremacy voting bloc.

As long as that false narrative is told and believed this nation is doomed.

4. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,376

1. Thank you for agreeing that 300k is a problem.

2. Nope. Glad to hear them, but I don't really care. I want this problem tackled across the board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,503
    Why do you care so much about what the media says? I can only speak for myself and my interactions with the people I know but I’ve always taken everything I hear in the media with a grain of salt. Who do you know that really believes everything the media is saying? They are a business, they sell drama for profit. Political and partisan types will use things like Trumps Good People comment and politicize it but we all know what we heard, An egotistical douchebag trying to deflect from the ugly racial issue that led to the death of a young lady so that he could get a punch in at his political enemies. It was pathetic. Can you see that?

6. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,503
    And this is the problem. Trump is so focused on the wall he has you convinced it is a national security crisis. What if the problems at the port of entry is flooding worse than the border? Wouldn’t it be strange that it isn’t even being talked about? Have you thought about why? It’s because the Wall is a simple and basic symbol. It is how Trump launched his political campaign and he now identifies with it therefore it needs to be the most important thing in the world. I for one don’t feel the desire to pander to an egomaniac. I like to look at the facts and from what I’ve seen, if somebodies truly cares about border security the focus should be on the ports of entry and visa tracking.

Your trying to get the entire fire station to put out the fire in the garage when your house is burning down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,376

1. I've seen plenty of people in real life, that believe that shit. YOu are kidding yourself if you think it is not important.

2. I've read the transcripts of that speech. He was very even handed in his treatment of both sides of the issue, not even going out of his way to target Antifa. I do not see his actions in that incident of being "egotistical" or even trying to deflect from the ugly racial issue. He really handled that as well as could be expected, imo, and if his words had been honestly reported, it could have been a very good time for America.

8. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,503
    I know what I can control and what I can’t control. I can control what I think and believe, I can’t control what others do. I dont see the point in wasting my life and time being bitter and complaining about the things I can’t control. Simple as that.

I watched the speech live, it was a WTF moment and once the backlash came the it was even more telling to see how he handled it. That’s where the ego kicked in. Trump can do no wrong in Trump world. He hits back. When he fucks up he doubles down. Don’t give an inch... it’s petty and transparent and I can’t find a thing to respect about people who act like that.

9. Bush92

Bush92 GHBush1992

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,179
    National sovereignty.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bush92

Bush92 GHBush1992

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,179
    Speech was spot on. Democrats supported a wall until Trump became President. Pelosi and Schumer looked like deer in the headlights reading a script and crying about how cruel a wall is. But that’s the Democrats psychosis. Everywhere they look there are “victims” and the “oppressed.” The villains are always white males.

• Winner Winner x 2