Official USMB What is a Wall? Why a Wall?

Why are Democrats (Liberal/Progressives) against Border Security, a Wall, and allowing unvetted, illegal aliens to come here unabated?

let me be clear...........

your narrative is FAKE NEWS fit to line your parrot cage :eusa_clap:

Prove it. Democrats are FOR AMNESTY, that is Open Borders because it incentivizes people coming here ILLEGALLY.

My bet is on Mueller' s report,

News is just coming out he is trying to have his illigitimate AG block it from being released... it must have Bad News on him and his campaign....

The wall and shut down is a side show ...to deflect from what is behind the curtain.

Blocking the report......with the House in democrats' hands......is now a futile pipe dream.......lol
it's not going to be easy peasy, though congress should win... president Trump will refuse the subpoena on executive privilege or some other reason, then congress has to sue him for it, then go through all appeals till it reaches the supreme court, who may or may not, take the case, if they do, then a wait for their decision..... which according to precedent on other similar cases, like with Nixon.... the SC will likely rule that President Trump has to turn over the report...

shoot, the 2020 election could be over by then, IF TRUMP FIGHTS the subpoena release of the Mueller report to Congress.... :eek:

t's not going to be easy peasy, though congress should win... president Trump will refuse the subpoena on executive privilege or some other reason, then congress has to sue him for it, then go through all appeals till it reaches the supreme court, who may or may not, take the case, if they do, then a wait for their decision..... which according to precedent on other similar cases, like with Nixon.... the SC will likely rule that President Trump has to turn over the report...

shoot, the 2020 election could be over by then, IF TRUMP FIGHTS the subpoena release of the Mueller report to Congress.

BUT, my friend, the Trump RESISTANCE to disclose the findings may be WORSE for him than actually having the public review the report........Have faith......Trump is sinking fast.

But the thing that you should address, is why do the dems want open borders?

Sure, I WILL address your moronic question........

It is a Trump cult membership assertion that Dems want open borders......You and Hannity are full of shit for mindlessly repeating the same garbage.

Check out just how many more border patrol agents were hired under the Obama administration.......does THAT "confirm" that "dems are for open borders?"

Duh, hiring border patrol agents to "catch and release" illegals is basically open borders.
You did not support your answer with any credible links. Here are two that say that the new dem policy is in-fact open borders.
The new guard of the Democratic Party absolutely supports open borders
Democrats' Open Borders Immigration Policy | National Review

But the thing that you should address, is why do the dems want open borders?

Sure, I WILL address your moronic question........

It is a Trump cult membership assertion that Dems want open borders......You and Hannity are full of shit for mindlessly repeating the same garbage.

Check out just how many more border patrol agents were hired under the Obama administration.......does THAT "confirm" that "dems are for open borders?"

Duh, hiring border patrol agents to "catch and release" illegals is basically open borders.
You did not support your answer with any credible links. Here are two that say that the new dem policy is in-fact open borders.
The new guard of the Democratic Party absolutely supports open borders
Democrats' Open Borders Immigration Policy | National Review

MORON........you are citing RIGHT WING OPINIONS as Gospel truth......No wonder you're so fucking dumb since you get all of your education from other idiots that share your right wing opinion......

Look, here's the bottom line: YOU ARE NOT GETTING THAT FUCKING WALL with Trump's name in flashing lights......PERIOD.......lol

Sooooooo, the real reason why Trump NEEDS a wall to be built, is NOT because of a made-up "national crisis"........but simply, to keep his fat ass out of bankruptcies, shame and even possibly out of prison.

Oh Hell, instead of MAGA hats, in the soon-to-be 2019-2920 Trump campaign there should be big buttons stating: "Vote for me and keep me out of prison..."

BUt, they are a shit hole of a country, with a shitty government, so we end up with a shitty deal.
Regardless, BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

I might have a shitty solution... with 50 billion USD wall money, Invade Guatemala, or one of the countries where most of the migrant buses come from.
Take over government, get rid of the gangs. Stabilize the country so that it becomes a sanctuary country that will attract all the migrants coming from all over central america.
Give it the same status as Puerto Rico... etc...

The honey pot will keep these migrants off the Mexican border..... Voila...

As always, the goal of the lefty is to discuss endlessly the best way to secure the border, and yet, the border is never secured.

Almost as though talking about something endlessly, while never doing anything about it, is designed to fail.

One of Trump's strong points is that he keeps his campaign promises. Agreed that winning in 2020 solves most of his potential legal issues too via the statute of limitations.
However, if Trump imposes a remittances fee on money transfers out of the US to fund the wall that builds the wall using Mexican and other foreign country funds. Its a way to keep his campaign promise regarding the wall:
The Remittance Fee in Oklahoma, Georgia, and in the U.S. Congress
I don’t think taxing people who are sending money to poor people in Mexico is going to fly as a good excuse for Mexico paying for the wall.
It's not an excuse, it's a how they pay.
That’s a pretty shitty deal. Tax poor people?!

I’d think most would take Trumps message of Mexico paying for the wall as the Mexican government, not the poor. Of course I think he was full of shit when he said Mexico would pay for it

Agreed it is a shitty deal.

If Mexico wanted to be a good neighbor, they would control their side of the border, and not let millions of their people illegally cross into our country against our democratically enacted laws.

They would do that, with their own tax dollars, internally, and not say boo about it, because it is being responsible for their own actions.

That is what would be a good deal.

BUt, they are a shit hole of a country, with a shitty government, so we end up with a shitty deal.

Ok so we agree that taxing the poor is not justification for Mexico paying for the wall. So Let’s not use that line anymore.

Nothing I said, could be sanely interpreted as what you pretend I just agreed too.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

Get your shovel ready since you and your moronic ilk will NEVER get the House to approve funding of Trump's useless promise to his equally ignorant cult members.

Funny, I remember when you lefties Party Line was the Trump would never even try to do it.

And now your line is that you will stop him from doing it.

And yet, at no point, did any of you admit that you were wrong initially.

YOu libs are like that.

I don’t think taxing people who are sending money to poor people in Mexico is going to fly as a good excuse for Mexico paying for the wall.
It's not an excuse, it's a how they pay.
That’s a pretty shitty deal. Tax poor people?!

I’d think most would take Trumps message of Mexico paying for the wall as the Mexican government, not the poor. Of course I think he was full of shit when he said Mexico would pay for it

Agreed it is a shitty deal.

If Mexico wanted to be a good neighbor, they would control their side of the border, and not let millions of their people illegally cross into our country against our democratically enacted laws.

They would do that, with their own tax dollars, internally, and not say boo about it, because it is being responsible for their own actions.

That is what would be a good deal.

Ok so we agree that taxing the poor is not justification for Mexico paying for the wall. So Let’s not use that line anymore.

Nothing I said, could be sanely interpreted as what you pretend I just agreed too.
Apologies, I wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth. I had said that it’s a shitty deal taxing the poor and that the “Mexico will pay for it” line reasonably meant that the government would be paying for the wall, not the poor.

You replied “Agreed, it’s a shitty deal” so I took that as agreement.

So to clarify, you think Trump meant to tax poor people in Mexico and that was his plan for “Mexico paying for the wall”? And you think that’s a shitty deal? Please correct me if I’m not understanding you correctly.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL.

Get your shovel ready since you and your moronic ilk will NEVER get the House to approve funding of Trump's useless promise to his equally ignorant cult members.

Funny, I remember when you lefties Party Line was the Trump would never even try to do it.

And now your line is that you will stop him from doing it.

And yet, at no point, did any of you admit that you were wrong initially.

YOu libs are like that.
I can’t speak for other “Libs” but I always saw Trumps wall campaign as unrealistic and full of hot air. The “wall” is now evolving, like most campaign ideas do... but as far as building a new coast to coast “Great Wall of Trump” that Mexico is paying for like he advertised, not going to ever happen. Now for repairing existing fencing and adding walls/fences where neccessary like we have done for decades. Yes of course that is reasonable and will happen. Just gotta get beyond all this political squabbling nonesense

As always, the goal of the lefty is to discuss endlessly the best way to secure the border, and yet, the border is never secured.

You know, dimwit........our military has not won a war since WWII....Does THAT make our military negligent or obsolete???

We have 46.000 CBP agents and your orange clown put in another 6,000 troops.....Are they all ineffective moochers???............

Smarten up and "think" on YOUR OWN.

Why are Democrats (Liberal/Progressives) against Border Security, a Wall, and allowing unvetted, illegal aliens to come here unabated? Why do they feel we need to accommodate FOREIGNERS, and allow them to steal our stuff?

Let's be clear. This has NOTHING to do with LEGAL IMMIGRATION. These are people that we don't know anything about coming here ILLEGALLY, and using our resources. It is akin to allowing perfect strangers to come and live in your home, eat your food, steal your stuff, and then put you, and your family at risk of HARM, or worse.
Well, if repugs are so gung ho to build a wall, why didn't they do it in the past two years when they ran everything? Why didn't they do it when they ran everything during the Shrub regime? It isn't as if it's a new problem.

Check out ILLEGALS from All Over the World Travel Through the Darien Gap to Enter the U.S.:

• Ahmed Hassan staggered through dense Panamanian jungle, crazy with thirst, his rubber sandals sliding in the mud, fearing he would die thousands of miles from his homeland in Somalia.

“I told my family I would go to the U.S., that was the plan,” said the 26-year-old truck driver, who said he fled late last year when al-Shabaab militants took his village.
    He flew to Brazil and made a cross-continental bus trip to Colombia.

In March came his biggest test: crossing the Darien Gap that connects South America with Panama and Mr. Hassan’s ultimate goal, the U.S.
    “There was no water.
    There were snakes,” he said in a small holding center in Metetí, north of the jungle, gashes and bites covering his legs under his traditional sarong.
    “I thought I might die in that jungle.”

Migrants go to extremes for new beginnings.
    Honduran families put children on northbound trains.
    Hundreds of Africans recently drowned braving the Mediterranean in an overcrowded boat.
    People cross the deadly Sonoran Desert to get from Mexico to Arizona.

The untamed Darien Gap has become a new route for travelers from as near as Cuba and as far as Nepal.
    The surge reflects the difficulty of entering the U.S. by traditional paths like arriving on a visa and overstaying, said Marc Rosenblum, a deputy director at the Migration Policy Institute, a Washington think tank.

“These people are willing to take this risky and complicated route,” he said, “and they are lining up to take it.”

U.S. justice and immigration officials say they are working to combat human smuggling on such routes.
    “We will continue using all of our investigative authorities to identify and dismantle these transnational criminal organizations,” said Barbara Gonzalez, Senior Adviser to Latin America at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

The circuitous Panama route has become more attractive, say migration experts, thanks to the easing of visa and asylum requirements in some South American countries and an unwillingness by some governments on the route to carry out mass deportations. ...

Well, if repugs are so gung ho to build a wall, why didn't they do it in the past two years when they ran everything? Why didn't they do it when they ran everything during the Shrub regime? It isn't as if it's a new problem.

The issue of wanting a damn wall is better as demagoguery.....while actually building the wall is simply a moronic idea.

To objectively address the thread's title, we need to review Trump's campaign mantra.....

Trump promised his loyal base a wall (never mind the moronic assertion that Mexico would pay for it; THAT was just demagoguery.)

Trump also knows that if a wall is NOT built, his chances of re-election are about as probable as Jill Stein's in 2016

Then we have the made-up DOJ policy that a sitting president cannot be indicted until he or she is out of office and Trump well knows that there are a ton of legal quagmires awaiting him AND his family in 2021 were he out of office.

Finally, the only viable defense that Trump may have in facing these legal issues, is to rely on the statutes of limitation to save his hide.

Sooooooo, the real reason why Trump NEEDS a wall to be built, is NOT because of a made-up "national crisis"........but simply, to keep his fat ass out of bankruptcies, shame and even possibly out of prison.
There is another thread you could've made this argument on. You didn't have to create a new thread to do so.
BTW you are so full of shit. i ain't kidding.

To objectively address the thread's title, we need to review Trump's campaign mantra.....

Trump promised his loyal base a wall (never mind the moronic assertion that Mexico would pay for it; THAT was just demagoguery.)

Trump also knows that if a wall is NOT built, his chances of re-election are about as probable as Jill Stein's in 2016

Then we have the made-up DOJ policy that a sitting president cannot be indicted until he or she is out of office and Trump well knows that there are a ton of legal quagmires awaiting him AND his family in 2021 were he out of office.

Finally, the only viable defense that Trump may have in facing these legal issues, is to rely on the statutes of limitation to save his hide.

The Reich wing of the talk show hosts, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity & Ann Coulter are stating if no Wall Trump is DONE, you can stick a fork in him at that time. Meaning they're also done, because they all shoved Trump down everyone throats over the WALL.
November 28, 2018 - TRUMP'S GREAT WALL BECOMES TRUMP'S GREAT STALL

trump_santa_coulter-1-1200x898.jpg

Forum List

Back