[OFFICIAL] USMB Post Debate Poll/Thursday 10-16

Who won the debate and did it make you finally decide on a candidate?

• Obama won

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • Obama won and I will now vote for him

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Obama won and I am still undecided

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Romney won

Votes: 57 36.3%
  • Romney won and I will now vote for him

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Romney won and I am still undecided

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Draw, there was no clear winner

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters
AFAIC, the debate was a draw. Too bad for Obama, he needed a knockout and he didn't even come close to one.......All the momentum is still with Romney.

AFAIC, the debate was a draw. Too bad for Obama, he needed a knockout and he didn't even come close to one.......All the momentum is still with Romney.

The spin-meisters of the left (i.e., the main stream media) WILL craft the tale that WILL be "told:" and that means they will try to "educate" the American people on THEIR fantasy that Pres. Obama somehow "won."

He didn't and those who watched and were inclined toward objectivity will already know that the media is full of shit (again). But the left wing hacks of the main stream media won't care. They are going after a less well informed audience.

The media will be straining to make the polls tighten.

Their big problem is that there is yet one more debate. And after the President tipped his hand (thin skin and all) tonight on that topic, Mitt will be well prepared to slice and dice the Administration's failure of a foreign policy.

Sadly, as once commentator (Laura Ingraham, I think it was) has noted: THIS Election sees the electorate FAR more concerned with domestic policy -- specifically the economy. So the topic of the last debate is a bit of a bummer for Mitt.

But it's still a very important topic; and The ONE has NO honest way of defending his hideous foreign policy record.

Living in Alabama, we don't get the non-stop commercials, except on the Florida stations. When I lived in South Florida,you got assaulted by someone who approved a message every 7 minutes 24/7.

We would call that a vacation in Ohio. :meow: It's mind numbing.

I hear Obama ads constantly. I live in Cleveland, it is relentless. Gotta go after those urban folks ya know? Lots of lying Obama ads all the time. sickening

I read the transcripts of the Rose Garden speech, and The President did call it a terrorist attack. The only one lying, was Romney and the moderator called him out. Instantly.
Terrorism caused by a video. :lol: I guess you have nothing to counter the lies he told about his energy policies.

After reviewing the official transcript on the White House website as well as watching the video from the Rose Garden address again, not once did the president call the Benghazi attack a "terror attack." What he did say late in his address was this:

“No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.” From the context, it was clear that his reference to "terror" was general. Not once did he apply that characterization to Benghazi.

“I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives,” said the president during his address.

Crowley's intervention on Obama's behalf was just another blatant display of the clear bias in the mainstream media. She incorrectly declared that Obama called Benghazi "an act of terror." As a member of the media and as the debate moderator, should not have protected the president nor thrown him a lifeline. She interpreted Obama's September 12 remarks to suit his immediate need.

Crowley lied to protect the president, becoming another corroborator in the Obama-Libya coverup.

Email Henry D’Andrea at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter (@TheHenry)

Read more: Candy Crowley gets it wrong: Obama never called Benghazi a ‘terror attack’ in Rose Garden speech | Washington Times Communities
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

Candy Crowley gets it wrong: Obama never called Benghazi a

Obama looked much better tonight. I give him the win.

In a Rose Garden address specifically ABOUT the attack, he called it an outrageous attack and an act of terror. The rest is political bullshit...

I read the transcripts of the Rose Garden speech, and The President did call it a terrorist attack. The only one lying, was Romney and the moderator called him out. Instantly.

Did he say, "Terrorist Attack" or "Act of Terror"?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

The real issue is the difference between a pre-meditated attack or a spontaneous riot.

Obama's words in the Rose Garden are what they are and Romney blew the chance to frame it correctly.

The good thing is that press will focus on that it will be shown that the administration did indeed lie their collective asses off and I really don't give a flying f**k if Obama is offended or not.

Terrorism caused by a video. :lol: I guess you have nothing to counter the lies he told about his energy policies.

After reviewing the official transcript on the White House website as well as watching the video from the Rose Garden address again, not once did the president call the Benghazi attack a "terror attack." What he did say late in his address was this:

“No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.” From the context, it was clear that his reference to "terror" was general. Not once did he apply that characterization to Benghazi.

“I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives,” said the president during his address.

Crowley's intervention on Obama's behalf was just another blatant display of the clear bias in the mainstream media. She incorrectly declared that Obama called Benghazi "an act of terror." As a member of the media and as the debate moderator, should not have protected the president nor thrown him a lifeline. She interpreted Obama's September 12 remarks to suit his immediate need.

Crowley lied to protect the president, becoming another corroborator in the Obama-Libya coverup.

Read more: Candy Crowley gets it wrong: Obama never called Benghazi a ‘terror attack’ in Rose Garden speech | Washington Times Communities

In a Rose Garden address specifically ABOUT the attack, he called it an outrageous attack and an act of terror. The rest is political bullshit...

The press will do for Romney what he didn't do for himself and differentiate between a spontaneous attack and planned attack...which the administration blew the call on and then lied about to cover up their poor security.

That ain't bulls**t, that's the end of Obama.

Did he say, "Terrorist Attack" or "Act of Terror"?

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

The real issue is the difference between a pre-meditated attack or a spontaneous riot.

Obama's words in the Rose Garden are what they are and Romney blew the chance to frame it correctly.

The good thing is that press will focus on that it will be shown that the administration did indeed lie their collective asses off and I really don't give a flying f**k if Obama is offended or not.

I think Romney should have countered by saying that the American public is offended that a half a month later Obama is on Letterman still pushing his video scam.

The press will do for Romney what he didn't do for himself and differentiate between a spontaneous attack and planned attack...which the administration blew the call on and then lied about to cover up their poor security.

Except there's nothing to cover up so it's just bullshit to claim a cover-up occurred when it was only a typical information gap mixed with a political climate of repeated misinformation, such as The President of the United States of America waited two weeks to call the attack in Libya a terror attack? :cuckoo:

There were other attacks at other embassies that day and others WERE protesting that movie elsewhere, so the news outlets mixed things up as they are wont to do...

Now that the debate is over, who won and did it make you finally choose a candidate?

If you have already decided on a candidate please just choose a winner.

**Thread will open immediately after the debates**
Obama won, but I had to check he won and undecided because... Well... I didn't have a choice to say he won, but I'm still not going to vote for him.

I haven't read this whole thread... But it's my opinion that Obama won this *almost* as much as Willard won the first one.

Obama saying "I want to make sure we get questions from these other people" while Mitt was trying to go another direction was a brilliant political move. Fuck'n brilliant.

The place was blown to smithereens and the Ambassador and his guards were dead. It was immediately OBVIOUS there was a failure in security. The related facts about the security personnel and procedures were readily forthcoming as the story unfolded. There was no "cover-up" -- The following day, The United States of America strongly condemned the outrageous attack and called it an act of terror.

Last edited:

The place was blown to smithereens and the Ambassador and his guards were dead. It was immediately OBVIOUS there was a failure in security. The related facts about the security personnel and procedures were readily forthcoming as the story unfolded. There was no "cover-up" -- The following day, The United States of America strongly condemned the outrageous attack and called it an act of terror.

Bulls**t....again (you are pretty good at that).

The entire administration was out there saying it was spontaneous act of aggression based on some stupid movie (please deny that.....I'd love to see you try) when it was clear they knew it was a pre-planned attack within 24 hours of it's occurance.

They then covered that up because they had plenty of warning and failed to respond. Your "act of terror" red herring won't fly...the press is going to roll it out again and your affirmative action "boy" is going to find his tiny little balls cut off right before our eyes.

Kiss "The O" good-bye.

Bulls**t....again (you are pretty good at that).

The entire administration was out there saying it was spontaneous act of aggression based on some stupid movie (please deny that.....I'd love to see you try) when it was clear they knew it was a pre-planned attack within 24 hours of it's occurance.

They then covered that up because they had plenty of warning and failed to respond. Your "act of terror" red herring won't fly...the press is going to roll it out again and your affirmative action "boy" is going to find his tiny little balls cut off right before our eyes.

Kiss "The O" good-bye.

:blahblah: You're an idiot for continuing to politicize this diplomatic minutia as if there is any meaningful point.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I am mucking up this debate thread, but this was a big part of tonight's exchange and so many others had already commented on this, so I feel compelled to finish my point. There was NO cover-up and the USA did not lie... On September 12th, the following day we already knew that it was more than just some film protest... The political bickering over this needs to stop.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-m...embassador-to-lybia-killed-6.html#post5972621

Below is a statement released by the State Department from Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on the killing of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya.

Yesterday, our U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya was attacked. Heavily armed militants assaulted the compound and set fire to our buildings. American and Libyan security personnel battled the attackers together. Four Americans were killed. They included Sean Smith, a Foreign Service information management officer, and our Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. We are still making next of kin notifications for the other two individuals.

This is an attack that should shock the conscience of people of all faiths around the world. We condemn in the strongest terms this senseless act of violence, and we send our prayers to the families, friends, and colleagues of those we’ve lost.

All over the world, every day, America’s diplomats and development experts risk their lives in the service of our country and our values, because they believe that the United States must be a force for peace and progress in the world, that these aspirations are worth striving and sacrificing for. Alongside our men and women in uniform, they represent the best traditions of a bold and generous nation.

In the lobby of this building, the State Department, the names of those who have fallen in the line of duty are inscribed in marble. Our hearts break over each one. And now, because of this tragedy, we have new heroes to honor and more friends to mourn.

Chris Stevens fell in love with the Middle East as a young Peace Corps volunteer teaching English in Morocco. He joined the Foreign Service, learned languages, won friends for America in distant places, and made other people’s hopes his own.

In the early days of the Libyan revolution, I asked Chris to be our envoy to the rebel opposition. He arrived on a cargo ship in the port of Benghazi and began building our relationships with Libya’s revolutionaries. He risked his life to stop a tyrant, than gave his life trying to help build a better Libya. The world needs more Chris Stevenses. I spoke with his sister, Ann, this morning, and told her that he will be remembered as a hero by many nations.

Hillary Clinton's Statement on the Attack in Libya - NationalJournal.com

Romney looked lost tonight. He couldn't defend his lies. Obama looked presidential. Anyone who thinks Romney won this debate is off their rocker and incapable of being objective. Whether that translates into any movement in the polls is yet to be seen.

581412_10151157363282740_507027157_n.jpg

Forum List

Back