[OFFICIAL] USMB Post Debate Poll/Thursday 10-16

Who won the debate and did it make you finally decide on a candidate?

• Obama won

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • Obama won and I will now vote for him

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Obama won and I am still undecided

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Romney won

Votes: 57 36.3%
  • Romney won and I will now vote for him

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Romney won and I am still undecided

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Draw, there was no clear winner

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters
Romney did better on immigration than I thought he would but worse on Libya. All in all, Obama told some huge, rather glaring lies. I'm sure Dems will be fired up but it's hard to see this debate cutting into Romney's lead among indies, as it was more of the same from Obama.

Neither candidate did anything to hurt themselves, I don't think Obama did well enought to counter the first debate.

Crowley couldn't moderate a message board.

Romney won simply because of the outrageous lies Obama said about Energy, and Libya.

It's quite evident that Obama was lying through his teeth. See the info on Land permits. Offshore permits cut by 2/3rd for offshore and 1/3rd for land under Oblamer. Then there was the Libya business. Why did Obama send Rice to 5 TV stations to lie for him?

Obama lied because your right wing Gods told you he did? That 'facts' that the right wing puts out there as the 'truth'. Guess what. It's not.

:night:

I read the transcripts of the Rose Garden speech, and The President did call it a terrorist attack. The only one lying, was Romney and the moderator called him out. Instantly.

Heh, he said the word "terror" that is all. He didn't call it a terrorist attack and for days afterword he and his administration lied to the nation and they are now in a jam trying to cover it up. Even with Crowley's help Obama still looked like the liar that he is.

Considering 3/4 of the board is RW, pretty obvious who won!

On 9/12, Obama said "No acts of terror" would stop us. Of course it was a terrorist act, whether spontaneous, semi-spontaneous, or long planned. The video DID cause demonstrations in 20+ other countries, so hardly surprising there was confusion out of the anarchy of Bengazi. DESPITE all the Pubcrappe from the Pub propaganda machine.

Romney did better on immigration than I thought he would but worse on Libya. All in all, Obama told some huge, rather glaring lies. I'm sure Dems will be fired up but it's hard to see this debate cutting into Romney's lead among indies, as it was more of the same from Obama.

One Obama lie, dupe. ONE. lol

Reguardless, Obama mentioned "U Tube video sparked protests" more than he mentioned that Bengazi being a terrorist attack.

Romney edged Obama. Obama gave some huge lies.

Romney could have been better style wise. Obama was alot more energetic than the last debate.

Obama needed to crush Romney tonight. he didn't.

Minus the partisanship you have and it was more of a tie... And Romney needed to crush Obama just as bad as Obama needed to crush Mitt...

Obama just seems tired and defeated. It's time for him to go. He failed, and that's all there is to it. He doesn't deserve another four years. And i think most voters will agree with me in the end. But i guess we'll see.

A Romney win. He accomplished what he needed to accomplish. He needed to prove that he wasn't the Wall Street fat-cat he's been made out to be. He needed to illustrate how Obama's policies haven't worked. And he needed to offer alternatives. He did all that. Meanwhile, Obama couldn't defend his record. Bottom line, Americans are NOT better off than they were four years ago, and it showed in this debate.

I read the transcripts of the Rose Garden speech, and The President did call it a terrorist attack. The only one lying, was Romney and the moderator called him out. Instantly.

Here are the exact words:
"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for."

HE DID NOT do as you said:" call it a terrorist attack."!

here is the actual speech..
Remarks by the President on the Deaths of U.S. Embassy Staff in Libya | The White House

BUT... WHY then for 12 days did Obama blame the video? 6 Times alone at the UN!!!
Why IF HE knew it was a terrorist attack did HE allow Rice to go on 5 networks and blame the video???
Because he is a pathological liar!

The end justifies the means. Obama would lie to his mother to get what he wants.

Last edited:
Terrorism caused by a video. :lol: I guess you have nothing to counter the lies he told about his energy policies.

After reviewing the official transcript on the White House website as well as watching the video from the Rose Garden address again, not once did the president call the Benghazi attack a "terror attack." What he did say late in his address was this:

“No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.” From the context, it was clear that his reference to "terror" was general. Not once did he apply that characterization to Benghazi.

“I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives,” said the president during his address.

Crowley's intervention on Obama's behalf was just another blatant display of the clear bias in the mainstream media. She incorrectly declared that Obama called Benghazi "an act of terror." As a member of the media and as the debate moderator, should not have protected the president nor thrown him a lifeline. She interpreted Obama's September 12 remarks to suit his immediate need.

Crowley lied to protect the president, becoming another corroborator in the Obama-Libya coverup.

Email Henry D’Andrea at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter (@TheHenry)

Read more: Candy Crowley gets it wrong: Obama never called Benghazi a ‘terror attack’ in Rose Garden speech | Washington Times Communities
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

Candy Crowley gets it wrong: Obama never called Benghazi a

Forum List

Back