Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Please do not edit your posts.

Calling a player "Scummy," (aka suspicious), is part of the game.

I have to agree with Avi.

I don't see Moonglow as being scummy just because he chose to answer the questions Wolf posted. It's not his answers that are the problem; it's the questions themselves. When I read them last night, they instantly raised a huge red flag to me. It's not like people are going to respond and admit they've been given a scum role, so why ask everyone to answer it in the first place? What I have noticed is that two players seem to be 'buddying up' over it.

id like to hear from more of our newbs.

sgt hasn't done much other than vote for me without a reason.

house has been only defending his avatar pic that I've seen.

I haven't seen much from bob at all. I'll have to review the thread again.

what do you guys think of this moonglow thing? Who are your scum picks so far?

id like to hear from more of our newbs.

sgt hasn't done much other than vote for me without a reason.

house has been only defending his avatar pic that I've seen.

I haven't seen much from bob at all. I'll have to review the thread again.

what do you guys think of this moonglow thing? Who are your scum picks so far?

See my post above for what I think of the crapfest that is ongoing over the questions Wolf asked.

Scum picks - Too early in the game to say. I need to read more from everyone.

I don't see Moonglow as being scummy just because he chose to answer the questions Wolf posted. It's not his answers that are the problem; it's the questions themselves. When I read them last night, they instantly raised a huge red flag to me. It's not like people are going to respond and admit they've been given a scum role, so why ask everyone to answer it in the first place? What I have noticed is that two players seem to be 'buddying up' over it.

I disagree that these questions are a huge red flag. I have seen them used in games on the main site. As Wolfsister explained earlier, they are a way to get people talking. No one expects anyone to actually say they are anything but town.

I already explained why I asked those questions. Discussion, reaction testing, and to introduce RQS here. If you think I'd do that as scum, with those questions, then you underestimate me. I don't care if people like it or not. That wasn't the point. I was pretty sure it would aggravate some. Particularly scum. You can try to mislynch me over it. That would be fine as long as those pushing for my mislynch are lynched next. Because right now, scum would most definitely see me as an easy mislynch. After my town flip, they can be next. I'll catch scum any way I have to. It's obvious the other ways we've tried haven't worked. I'll take a town win any way I can.

I agree. Who is hitting your scum radar in this game so far?

Cafeaulait. That switch from an alignment argument to a role argument before Wake said anything seemed like an effort to spin the conversation away from her earlier post in which the language seemed very couched. I am also still a little jaded from Game 3 regarding a plan we hatched to use the role PM's apparently being foiled which I do not want to get into again, but it will take more to move me off Cafe now than I think most people.

I think Moonglow probably is town but is worth an investigatory look if someone has that ability and it is not a 1-shot deal (if it is a 1-shot deal, they should save it until a more critical point). I believe that Wolf is town because she is playing more like she was in game 2 as town instead of game 3 as scum--more proactive, etc. I am inclined to believe that TN is probably town but not 100%.

Beyond that, no particular reads unless Grandma ponies up some cookies and then she will be town :eusa_clap:

Will look at more analytically this evening as these are just my knee jerk impressions. Back to the salt mine for now.

Never said I was going to mislynch you or anyone else over it. :smile:

The main reason town has lost so much is because we have too many players that don't actively participate. If people aren't posting, it hurts us. If they don't post, they're of no help or use to us. Those that do post start in on each other time after time, while scum sit back and laugh about it. I saw it happen in the last game when I was scum. It doesn't take much at all to get town at each others throats, then voting for each other. As town, we must learn to stay 'above' the posts that cause friction.

Cafeaulait. That switch from an alignment argument to a role argument before Wake said anything seemed like an effort to spin the conversation away from her earlier post in which the language seemed very couched. I am also still a little jaded from Game 3 regarding a plan we hatched to use the role PM's apparently being foiled which I do not want to get into again, but it will take more to move me off Cafe now than I think most people.

I think Moonglow probably is town but is worth an investigatory look if someone has that ability and it is not a 1-shot deal (if it is a 1-shot deal, they should save it until a more critical point). I believe that Wolf is town because she is playing more like she was in game 2 as town instead of game 3 as scum--more proactive, etc. I am inclined to believe that TN is probably town but not 100%.

Beyond that, no particular reads unless Grandma ponies up some cookies and then she will be town :eusa_clap:

Will look at more analytically this evening as these are just my knee jerk impressions. Back to the salt mine for now.

So you're the reason Wake gave us a safeclaim in game 3.
3scum5me

I would be extremely suspicious of you if you DID 100% townread me, so no worries there.

I've thrown my 2 cents in, and got tossed under the bus for it.

Ut oh! Getting tossed under the bus has a specific meaning in Mafia. It means your fellow Scum voted to lynch you - usually to take the heat off themselves and stay hidden.

As the one and only player to have been bussed in an earlier game; it is not something anyone would want to claim in the present tense.

You ok with that, Señor House?

And Wake having Scum claim VT shoots that all to hell for the rest of us, huh.

That Wake is diabolical, for true.

Regards from Rosie

Rosie, he seems fairly new to mafia, I doubt he meant it like that.

@House It would be more appropriate to say that suspicion is piling on you for your comment.

(First person: stop piling suspicion on me)

Right, I don't know about that. I was quoting the safeclaims to let everyone know the deal.

In post 2, They DO HAVE DAYTALK.

So they have safeclaims and daytalk. This is already a big advantage. If they also have abilities, town is kind of screwed. I guess since they are also fighting against each other, I can sort of see it.
No kidding. With scum having day talk and killing 2 of us each night is seems that we are just here to be toyed with.

This setup seems very bad for town - hopefully I am incorrect.

Waked stated that all players have an ability and specifically stated that the scum have them as well.

The fact that he answered the question is not scummy - the fact that he broke the rules is. The way that they were broken ALSO seems really scummy particularly as they had 'safe claim' roles. It would make sense to me that he used that safeclaim role in his post. It just makes sense to me.

Who do you think is working together?

I would also note that he seems to have dropped that there are neighborhoods as well when he stated:
I wouldn't want to be in your neighborhood...if you have one at all...

The scumteams are out for each other's blood as much, if not more than for town.
Yes, I would think so BUT we are going to be the innocent bystanders that get shot in the meantime as they hunt. Well, not so innocent - we are lynching people to find them after all :D

Yes, I saw in post 1 that Wake stated scum also have abilities.

So safeclaims, abilities, daytalk. It would seem a bit much except the Mafia are competing teams so that is probably what balances it plus town likely has some good roles and abilities to help.

that's all part of the game, though bussing is specific to scum as others have mentioned.

point is to never give up. Last game they almost lynched me twice before they finally barely did. Game isn't over till you stop fighting

This is normal in Mafia. We are going to throw suspicion at each other and be paranoid. Don't let that stop you from giving your input. If someone keeps pissing you off, then throw it back at them. If they are town, they can take that. If they are scum, then you can judge their reaction. Like I will judge someone's if they back off and hide or get nervous when pushed. It's just the game. The more proactive you are, the better for town. Taking stances and making waves is protown behavior. Don't be afraid to do it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back