[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

I can't navigate the site. It takes 10 minutes to load after I sign in, and anywhere from 3-10 when I try to move to new pages. I can't load my alerts at all. It took me about 10 tries and probably an hour total time to read a message I had in my in box yesterday.
Maybe they put you in the miserable user status that ck was talking about when he first notified us of the upcoming change. That would make all those things happen to you.
I wouldn't know, my limited navigation capability means that I can't find that post to read it.

One thing for sure...the murder of the site continues apace! Let me see if I have this right...posters who are perceived as annoying are penalized for violating the rules...after their ability to read the rules is hampered. Sounds about par for the course.

Well, yeah. You haven't read the rules yet.

:cool:
Not today....

Get to it and then you can't be miserable.

You might want to make a copy because I've seen that you're not big on retention.

I can't navigate the site. It takes 10 minutes to load after I sign in, and anywhere from 3-10 when I try to move to new pages. I can't load my alerts at all. It took me about 10 tries and probably an hour total time to read a message I had in my in box yesterday.
Maybe they put you in the miserable user status that ck was talking about when he first notified us of the upcoming change. That would make all those things happen to you.
I wouldn't know, my limited navigation capability means that I can't find that post to read it.

One thing for sure...the murder of the site continues apace! Let me see if I have this right...posters who are perceived as annoying are penalized for violating the rules...after their ability to read the rules is hampered. Sounds about par for the course.
Here you go:

We will have at our disposal a very powerful 'tool' called 'discouraged user' usergroup. Members control if they end up in there or not.

Moderating will be automated. Mods just have to click a button and the software will do the work :)

Then you must not be miserable anymore.

:rofl:

USMB :rock:

Yeah but, what if you had a retarded SCOTUS judge interpreting the constitution? I suppose theoretically in a SCOTUS case the other 8 Justices would moderate the effects of the retarded one?

Xenforo User Discouragement

"The user discouragement feature subjects users to random errors, delays, and pages, simulating failures in the system behavior, with the ultimate aim of making them eventually leave the site."

1)Log in to the Admin Control Panel.
2)Click on the Options icon.
3)Select the User Discouragement and Discipline group from the list.

"The resulting page contains settings for various system functions which can be affected by configuring the values as required; a low value will have minimal impact, a high value will have a greater impact."

Yeah but, what if you had a retarded SCOTUS judge interpreting the constitution? I suppose theoretically in a SCOTUS case the other 8 Justices would moderate the effects of the retarded one?

"The user discouragement feature subjects users to random errors, delays, and pages, simulating failures in the system behavior, with the ultimate aim of making them eventually leave the site."

"The resulting page contains settings for various system functions which can be affected by configuring the values as required; a low value will have minimal impact, a high value will have a greater impact."

Roe v Wade

There are those who need the support it was said. Since they didn't know what was good for them, it was said.

So, Scotus and USMB?

Now Smedly, that's one hell of a comparative.

Here you go:

We will have at our disposal a very powerful 'tool' called 'discouraged user' usergroup. Members control if they end up in there or not.

Moderating will be automated. Mods just have to click a button and the software will do the work :)

I'm sure you have a link for your quote, Ravi.

We're working on something folks, it may get rough at times again

to

I can't navigate the site

to

:rofl:

Only at USMB.

gators-graduation-applause.gif

Here you go:

I'm sure you have a link for your quote, Ravi.
Yes, click on the little arrow next to "cereal killer said" damn, girl, you're dumber than dirt.

Sorry, rav, I don't spend every molecule of my brain trying to figure out how best to troll and obtain data... so I may be behind the times. For me this is just a sidebar to my life, not the entirety of it. I do appreciate your intimate knowledge of the system, though.

Sorry, rav, I don't spend every molecule of my brain trying to figure out how best to troll and obtain data... so I may be behind the times. For me this is just a sidebar to my life, not the entirety of it. I do appreciate your intimate knowledge of the system, though.
I'll remember that the next time you ask me for help.

Roe v Wade

There are those who need the support it was said. Since they didn't know what was good for them, it was said.

So, Scotus and USMB?

Now Smedly, that's one hell of a comparative.

Well I had to find some way around suggesting that any USMB moderator might not have the intelligence to be trusted with such a diabolical weapon didn't I? I would never do that, it might lead to circumstances that would discourage me, a lot.
:banned:

I'll remember that the next time you ask me for help.

images

Ravi! Now, don't be so miserable.

The only problem with this is that during those times the board is being worked on, a perfectly innocent and untargeted person could FEEL like he/she has been targeted for such harassment. Like yesterday, I had trouble with the board most of the day. Today not so much. But yesterday, I did wonder until I saw C_Ks note that they were doing stuff. There must be at least one person on the mod squad who would like for me to go elsewhere or who might accommodate a friend who wanted me gone. The potential for abuse seems obvious but oh well. Not my board. Not my responsibility.

Not today....

You might want to make a copy because I've seen that you're not big on retention.
I can't retain rules that change to meet the situation. If you can, you belong in ADMIN.

Not today....

I can't retain rules that change to meet the situation. If you can, you belong in ADMIN.

Then just follow the hard and fast ones and don't interpret. Make a copy of the rules. Show when they change and argue when you break a rule, that is if you break a rule.

Have you broken any? If so, complain to the staff about them.

Otherwise just continue to generally whine about them in the Software Upgrade thread.

Personally I'm more interested in finding out if there's a way to fix up some of the interminably long quotes.

@cereal_killer

Forum List

Back