Official RICK PERRY jobs plan

I posted this in the other thread, but you never came back.

How is Perry going to create jobs?

1) Repeal Obamacare.

2) Reduce taxes on small business.

3) Reduce regulation on small business.

4) Rein in the EPA, at least until the country is back on it's feet.

5) Become more energy self-sufficient. (Obama released a small portion of the national oil reserves, and the price of gasoline fell the next day...long before that oil ever entered the supply lines. Think of what the price of gasoline would do if we had a national policy of both tapping out own oil reserves AND pursuing green energy alternatives.)

6) Get the government out of the way.

7) Stop the union hand out "stimulus" programs. If you want to build roads and bridges, pass a highway bill, not a jobs bill.

8) Restructure tax laws.

9) And this is the most important, create a pro-business environment. (Obama publicly attacked the U.S. Chamber of Commerce...how anti business can you get?)

Video: Watch the full Reagan Library Republican debate « 2012 Election Central

Video: Watch full CNN Tea Party Republican debate from Tampa, FL « 2012 Election Central

Ok ive watched all the debates intently as I believe Obama sucks and he wouldnt get reelected nomatter who the republicans put agianst him. So we are picking our president now.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

This is a move in the right direction, but I dont see it really fixing anything cause the economy was fucked before Obamacare, and very little Obamacare policies are even in effect.

This is good, infact everycandidate says this. If it is not rhetoric then how is he going to cut taxes?

Agian, good. Agian, every candidate says this. If it is not rhetoric then what regulation is he going to do away with???

Good, but its not really going to help the economy enough to justify polluted water and air.

5) Become more energy self-sufficient. (Obama released a small portion of the national oil reserves, and the price of gasoline fell the next day...long before that oil ever entered the supply lines. Think of what the price of gasoline would do if we had a national policy of both tapping out own oil reserves AND pursuing green energy alternatives.)

I thought we were talking about jobs?

How?

7) Stop the union hand out "stimulus" programs. If you want to build roads and bridges, pass a highway bill, not a jobs bill.

Agian, what does this have to do with how Perry will create jobs??? This looks like he wants to destroy jobs because they are union.

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

9) And this is the most important, create a pro-business environment.

How?

I see ALOT of empty one sentence sales pitches, but no meat. If this is more then empty campain rhetoric then answers should be easy to find. If he really has a plan then he should be promoting it, not promoting hollow statements.

Here's the meat you are looking for, in detail and it is Mitt Romney's plan, awesome business plan, keep in mind he has created thousands of jobs in the private sector and he has a dual major in Law and a MBA in BUSINESS from HARVARD.

http://mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-v...ca-mitt-romneys-plan-jobs-and-economic-growth

Last edited:
I'd like to see anybody's plan to get people back to work.

Thus far I see bupkis from any candidate on this issue, and am still waiting to see a breakdown of how Obama's plan is supposed to help, too.

RON PAUL is the only candidate with a plan on how to create jobs and get the economy going. This involves several different strategies at once including:

Fixing our monetary system by abolishing the federal reserve
Bring all soldiers home to guard the border, and spend their money here
Stop the devaluation of the dollar
Abolish all federal regulations that are not absolutely needed
Abolsih the IRS and all income taxes
Abolish a policy of subsidizing corporations
Abolish a policy of giving our money to other countries.

A simple search on google for Ron Paul Economy video with bring to you hundreds of videos of him speaking about the economy, why its broken, and what he intends to do as president to fix it.

Gosh....what simplistic drivel

Abolish the IRS?
:lol:

You have to use google, cause Ron Paul unlike Perry will have solutions there. I havent the time to spoon feed you stuff your just going to ignore anyway.

7 Pages and still no real job plan from RICKY.

DOES RICKYBOY EVEN HAVE A PLAN FOR HOW TO GET AMERICANS BACK TO WORK??

1) Repeal Obamacare.

8) Restructure tax laws.

9) And this is the most important, create a pro-business environment. (Obama publicly attacked the U.S. Chamber of Commerce...how anti business can you get?)

Video: Watch full CNN Tea Party Republican debate from Tampa, FL « 2012 Election Central

Ok ive watched all the debates intently as I believe Obama sucks and he wouldnt get reelected nomatter who the republicans put agianst him. So we are picking our president now.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

This is a move in the right direction, but I dont see it really fixing anything cause the economy was fucked before Obamacare, and very little Obamacare policies are even in effect.

This is good, infact everycandidate says this. If it is not rhetoric then how is he going to cut taxes?

Agian, good. Agian, every candidate says this. If it is not rhetoric then what regulation is he going to do away with???

Good, but its not really going to help the economy enough to justify polluted water and air.

How?

Agian, what does this have to do with how Perry will create jobs??? This looks like he wants to destroy jobs because they are union.

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

How?

I see ALOT of empty one sentence sales pitches, but no meat. If this is more then empty campain rhetoric then answers should be easy to find. If he really has a plan then he should be promoting it, not promoting hollow statements.

Here's the meat you are looking for, in detail and it is Mitt Romney's plan, awesome business plan, keep in mind he has created thousands of jobs in the private sector and he has a dual major in Law and a MBA in BUSINESS from HARVARD.

Believe In America: Mitt Romney's Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President

Go to the bottom of this page and there it is in full view, plan to spend about 4 hours reading it. You may need to download it, it is a PDF.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

How?

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

How?

Believe In America: Mitt Romney's Plan for Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President

Go to the bottom of this page and there it is in full view, plan to spend about 4 hours reading it. You may need to download it, it is a PDF.

Mitt's plan is a long term solution for LONG term growth, he is the ONLY candidate that wants to reinstate a Reagan solution to trade, yes we have free trade, but we have unfair trade, Mitt would make that fair again. China is eating our lunch, stealing our products and taking our jobs, that would stop. We have to have a manufactoring base in this country in order to promote long term growth, he is the ONLY candidate that will take trade on. We can not be a nation of car washers and expect growth in our GDP or growth in jobs, we need our manufactoring back here, right in the U.S.

Last edited:

1) Repeal Obamacare.

How?

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

How?

Correct.

Indeed, much of the above has little to do with ‘job creation’ and are mostly meaningless rightist talking points. Also, with regard to such issues as repealing the ACA or addressing tax policy, those are the purview of Congress, not the Executive – realizing those goals will require a GOP ‘super majority’ in the Senate, which is highly unlikely.

In fact, there’s no point in ‘waiting for Perry’ or the 2012 election, there are things the House should be doing now to address the jobs issue.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

How?

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

How?

Correct.

Indeed, much of the above has little to do with ‘job creation’ and are mostly meaningless rightist talking points. Also, with regard to such issues as repealing the ACA or addressing tax policy, those are the purview of Congress, not the Executive – realizing those goals will require a GOP ‘super majority’ in the Senate, which is highly unlikely.

In fact, there’s no point in ‘waiting for Perry’ or the 2012 election, there are things the House should be doing now to address the jobs issue.

I see a super majority in both houses come 2012, Obama care will not stand as they all will repeal it on their first day, no matter which GOP candidate is elected. Remember last week's New York special election. That seat has not been held by a Republican since before 1923. It is Republican held now, that's a scenario you are going to see spread across this land like wild fire come 2012 when everything turns bright red. Get ready- it's coming.

This thread is for official Rick Perry plans on how he is going to get US back to work!
I dont know what his plan is, I was hoping you did.

Rick Parry accepts the essential Supply Side theory, i.e., by lowering the tax and regulatory burden on capital, the suppliers will have an incentive to invest and add jobs.

Here is the problem. This theory was designed in the 70s when we had a radically different tax and regulatory system. We've spent 30 years lowering taxes and letting industries shape their own regulatory environment - things are much different now; therefore, a different solution is called for. For instance, unlike the 70s, we have historic levels of capital surplus sitting on the sidelines. Unlike the 70s, business has more than enough capital-reserves to create jobs - therefore, more tax cuts won't have the same effect as it did in the 70s. The question for you is: what is the real problem? Answer: insufficient demand. Consumers do not have the wages, benefits, and entitlements - the economic security - to consume. Capital will not and cannot add jobs until there is money in middle class pockets to capture. Targeted tax cuts to the wealthy will not increase demand at the lower levels. So Parry's plan fails to truly address consumer demand.

Consider what has historically driven consumption.

From 1940-1980 consumption was driven by the high wages of manufacturing jobs. It was also driven by an entitlement system which put more spending money in middle class pockets. Because workers could afford to buy what they produced, the capitalist was forced to innovate and add jobs in order to capture that money. It was a virtuous cycle.

But, starting in the 70s business grew restless. Germany and Japan re-industrialized, Nixon opened China, and India was on the rise: American capital had competition - less money was coming in. Therefore, big business invested in a political candidate that would give capital lower operating costs so that they could restore the staggering profits of the postwar years (when the liberals were in charge).

Enter Reagan, 1980-2011: Reagan was sent to Washington to lower the burden on capital, to reduce [things like] labor costs and environmental regulations. Reagan busted unions and signed the largest amnesty bill in this country's history (so that he could undermine union labor with ultra-cheap Mexican labor). Essentially, Reagan not only gave capital cheap labor in this country, but he relaxed trade laws and protections so that American business could seek sweatshop labor in dictator-run 3rd world countries. [You do realize that the point of capitalism is a higher return on investment? Right? Which is to say: the act of driving down labor costs increases the return on investment. You get this right? This is why the partnership of American capital with dictator-lead 3rd world countries was necessary. American capital wants cheap labor. This was why they bought a political party. This is why they invest in Rightwing talk radio and FOX news: so they can cover up this dirty little secret, i.e., so that they can convince you that they want "freedom"]

The result of Reagan's successful campaign against expensive labor costs was that consumers had less money to spend. So what did Reagan do? He radically expanded the credit system. Starting in the 80s, Americans received 3 credit-card offers a week. Indeed, form the 80s to the 2008 Meltdown, the American economy was fueled by debt based consumption. It got so bad that the middle class turned their homes into ATMs in order to make up for the failed Trickle Down promise.

[We both know how this ended. You can only borrow so long until you break the bank, which America did in spectacular fashion. Now, the American consumer is completely broke. Moreover, as long as the American consumer is broke, the capitalist has no incentive to add jobs]

Along comes Rick Parry.

"What are you going to do Rick?"

"Um, um, I'm going to lower taxes and regulations"

"How is this going to repair middle class demand, especially after you've spent 30 years gutting their wages, benefits, and entitlements -- all of which drove consumption?"

"Um, um." [Perry changes the subject] "evil doers! Terrorists! Gay agenda. Mexicans. Atheists. Marxist Liberal baby killers. Guns."

(Dear WaterThetree: you realize that Perry's economic solution will not bring back high paying jobs (-he is using 1970s medicine to cure a post-70s problem caused not by high taxes and regulations, but the opposite: neoliberalism and globalization, which has used a recipe of lower taxes and looser regulations to undermine the wage & benefit structure which created consumer demand). When it becomes apparent that he cannot fix the economy, he will do what Bush did, i.e., pivot to national security and social ills. Don't take my word for it. Just remember what I've said. Shortly after he is elected, you will see the magic appearance of foreign and domestic demons. This is the only way he can control the headlines enough to do what all presidents have done since Reagan: enrich their donors, who don't want the return of expensive middle class labor and benefits. Don't you get it: Perry's donors don't need the American consumer. The Reagan Revolution gave them dynastic wealth and a global playground. The game has been decided. . . so grab a beer and enjoy the ride down)

Last edited:
The countries that are doing well right now are doing it with a partnership between business and government. Republicans can't even bring themselves to say the words "supply and demand". Why does anyone think they can help an economy they brought down?

Obama has cut a half million government jobs.

Perry has added 170,000 government jobs in Texas.

Republicans like Perry better for the same reason health care is bad. Because they are crazy.

The countries that are doing well right now are doing it with a partnership between business and government. Republicans can't even bring themselves to say the words "supply and demand". Why does anyone think they can help an economy they brought down?

Perry has added 170,000 government jobs in Texas.

Republicans like Perry better for the same reason health care is bad. Because they are crazy.

Prove it. Why? Because I already know you cant..............................

1) Repeal Obamacare.

8) Restructure tax laws.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

How?

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

How?

I'm working on a reply, but #4 requires it's own post.

4) Unfettered, the EPA also wreaks the havoc of uncertainty. And I'm not talking about pollution, I'm talking about "Is the EPA going to sign off to build here", "Can I log this timber".

Allow me to give you an example from my industry.

I own a fleet of long haul trucks.

In December of 2000, "rules were announced today by the White House and the Environmental Protection Agency a flurry of regulations being churned out in the last days of the Clinton administration and crafted to head off challenge by an incoming Bush administration." New Pollution Rules Set for Trucks, Buses - ABC News

Those deadlines were extended and "bridge motors" were built to bridge the gap between current emission standards and the new emission standards. No one wanted to buy them, as it was known that the design was temporary, an that parts may not be readily available...that was 2003-2006.

In 2006, Caterpillar announced that they could not build a quality, reliable Class 8 diesel engine AND comply with the US emission standard, so they suspended all sales of class 8 OTR truck/bus engines IN THE UNITED STATES...they still sell them everywhere else.

So, business owners like me didn't buy the new engines until they had a few million miles of real world testing under their belt, to determine which designs were worth investing in.

Flash forward to 2011, some designs, like the Detroit D15 have flourished and other like the Mercedes have floundered. I'm this close to slowly upgrading my fleet...and Obama announces that heavy trucks now will need to increase fuel efficiency by 22%. Obama announces heavy truck fuel standards - UPI.com

For crapssake, I've now run some of my trucks for 16 years, 1.7 million miles. How can I buy new units ($160,000 each) if I again have no idea which manufacturers can meet this new goal and which manufacturers will fold their tents like Caterpillar did?

Plus I have no idea whether parts for the engines that have only been on the market for 6 years will be readily available at a reasonable price?

I just can't take that risk in the current economic climate.

So, instead of buying new units, which is what I would prefer, I am refurbishing my old units, at a cost of roughly $20,000 per unit and replace the oldest with pre 2004 units at a cost of $30-40,000 per unit.

Once I have that money in them, I have no choice but to run them, I can't trade them in, taking a $20,000-$40,000 loss AND pay $160,000 to replace them.

And that, my friend, is how the EPA creates uncertainty.

Prove it. Why? Because I already know you cant..............................

Fewer public jobs since Obama took office
Jim Anderson
July 14, 2011 - Jim Anderson

Economist Robert Shapiro has observed that from December 2007 to July 2009 — the last year of George Bush’s second term and the first six months of Barack Obama’s presidency — private sector employment crashed from 115,574,000 jobs to 107,778,000 jobs.
That’s a loss of nearly 8 million jobs, only a fraction of which have been recovered.

But what of public sector jobs?

It may come as a surprise to many people, but government jobs have actually fallen off by more than 400,000 since President Obama took office.

The decline has come in state and local government.

Outside of the Postal Service, federal government jobs are up 139,300 (or 6.7 percent) under Obama, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. (If you take into account the Postal Service, which has seen many cuts, the increase is just 1.4 percent.)

State and local government jobs, meanwhile, are down 556,000, or 2.8 percent.

The “official” end of the Great Recession came in June 2009. Since then, the private sector is up more than a million jobs, while the government sector has lost nearly half a million.

In the government sector, there were 22,557,000 jobs in June 2009, when the sluggish economic recovery began. As of June 2011, there were 22,064,000 government jobs — a net loss of 493,000.

Again, that loss in government jobs has come at the state and local levels — some of it in education — as budgets continue to be squeezed.

Overall, the government sector has 7 percent more workers than it had at the beginning of 2000, when George Bush took office. The private sector has about 1 percent fewer jobs.

Let’s state that again. After a decade of lowered federal tax rates initiated under George Bush, the private jobs market has seen no growth — thanks to the Great Recession. The public sector, which expanded slightly over the past decade, is now shrinking.

Heidi Shierholz of the Economic Policy Institute notes that since June 2009 nearly 50 percent of the private sector job gains in this “recovery” have been canceled out by job losses in the public sector.

Further, she says, if the growth in the working-age population is taken into account, the labor market is now 11 million jobs below the level needed to restore the pre-recession unemployment rate (5 percent in December 2007).

With unemployment at 9.2 percent, some in Washington insist that federal spending must be trimmed.

But writing in The Atlantic, Daniel Indiviglio warns that austerity at the federal level might only make matters worse in the short term.

“If job cuts at the state and local level continue, then that would be bad enough,” he writes. “But if federal cuts also ramp up, then we'll have an even stronger headwind working against the private sector's job growth. Additional spending cuts should be delayed until the labor market has strengthened and job gains have become more consistent.”

Here’s a summary of where the jobs market stands.

The private sector, which represents roughly 80 to 85 percent of available jobs, remains far below the level needed for “full” employment, but is moving up slowly. Private sector jobs, despite rising by more than 2 million since March 2010, are down 1.8 percent since Obama took office.

The public sector, overall, is declining. The bulk of government jobs is at the local level. Of the current 22 million public sector workers, about 14 million are employed by local governments. According to some reports, about 1 million local government jobs may be cut in the year ahead.

With the federal debt rising, our national leadership is at an impasse, fair to say. You can’t raise taxes in a recession, Republicans insist.

In the end, however, the appropriate question may be whether those taxes fund worthwhile jobs.

Arguably, we’ve already seen that federal tax cuts don’t guarantee a boon in private jobs.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

8) Restructure tax laws.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

How?

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

How?

Ok, this has to be my last post....I have things I need to get done today.

1) Obamacare is hampering job growth. Uncertainty on how much employers are going to have to pay per employee keeps employers on the sidelines.

2) How is Perry going to reduce taxes on small business? I'm hopeful that he will restructure the tax code to give smaller businesses an advantage over bigger businesses...this will have the incidental effect of making it lucrative to break up mega corporations into smaller entities.

3) He'll start by exempting small business from regulation aimed at wall street and mega corporations, then you have to go line by line and determine what the regulation was designed to do, at whom it was targeted and what affect it had, plus a cost vs. benefit analysis.

4) See above.

5) Lower gas prices mean more disposable income, more disposable income translates to more spending, which translates to more jobs.

6) You get government out of the way by getting them out of the way. Stop passing regulation after regulation, reduce the bureaucracy. Government should be working to help business, not be an impediment.

7) Because Obama stimulus is short sighted...building roads and repairing bridges is laudable, but you might as well just flight around in a helicopter and threw that money out the window over population centers.

Once it's spent, the bump is gone. Look at Porkulus I...a litter bump, and now that it's spent, we've right back where we started.

8) Perry endorsed the Fair Tax in his book.

9) Pretty self explanatory. Take everything Obama has done and do the opposite. Don't attack the U.S. Chamber of Commerce...Don't make class warfare the main thrust of your political rhetoric....Don't create uncertainty during a recession...IOW, use some freakin' common sense.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

8) Restructure tax laws.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

How?

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

How?

4) Unfettered, the EPA also wreaks the havoc of uncertainty. And I'm not talking about pollution, I'm talking about "Is the EPA going to sign off to build here", "Can I log this timber".

In December of 2000, "rules were announced today by the White House and the Environmental Protection Agency a flurry of regulations being churned out in the last days of the Clinton administration and crafted to head off challenge by an incoming Bush administration." New Pollution Rules Set for Trucks, Buses - ABC News

Those deadlines were extended and "bridge motors" were built to bridge the gap between current emission standards and the new emission standards. No one wanted to buy them, as it was known that the design was temporary, an that parts may not be readily available...that was 2003-2006.

In 2006, Caterpillar announced that they could not build a quality, reliable Class 8 diesel engine AND comply with the US emission standard, so they suspended all sales of class 8 OTR truck/bus engines IN THE UNITED STATES...they still sell them everywhere else.

So, business owners like me didn't buy the new engines until they had a few million miles of real world testing under their belt, to determine which designs were worth investing in.

Flash forward to 2011, some designs, like the Detroit D15 have flourished and other like the Mercedes have floundered. I'm this close to slowly upgrading my fleet...and Obama announces that heavy trucks now will need to increase fuel efficiency by 22%. Obama announces heavy truck fuel standards - UPI.com

For crapssake, I've now run some of my trucks for 16 years, 1.7 million miles. How can I buy new units ($160,000 each) if I again have no idea which manufacturers can meet this new goal and which manufacturers will fold their tents like Caterpillar did?

Plus I have no idea whether parts for the engines that have only been on the market for 6 years will be readily available at a reasonable price?

So, instead of buying new units, which is what I would prefer, I am refurbishing my old units, at a cost of roughly $20,000 per unit and replace the oldest with pre 2004 units at a cost of $30-40,000 per unit.

Once I have that money in them, I have no choice but to run them, I can't trade them in, taking a $20,000-$40,000 loss AND pay $160,000 to replace them.

All the Gop candidates are going to do what you are saying, so point out what business plan he has that differeniates him from the other candidates, what are his SPECIFIC ideas that are his and his alone. Mitt is the only one that can differeniate himself from the rest and that is on trade policy- otherwise they are all on the same page.

1) Repeal Obamacare.

8) Restructure tax laws.

Obama released our oil reserve and our gas prices did not fall a dime, and it increased right back up to where it was in a couple of days. What are you talking about here?? Now we have no reserves, it did not do one damn thing.

Last edited:

1) Repeal Obamacare.

How?

8) Restructure tax laws.

How?

How?

All the Gop candidates are going to do what you are saying, so point out what business plan he has that differeniates him from the other candidates, what are his SPECIFIC ideas that are his and his alone. Mitt is the only one that can differeniate himself from the rest and that is on trade policy- otherwise they are all on the same page.

Perry is the only one to be honest about Social Security.

Romney called Social Security a criminal enterprise in his book last year, but true to form, since that answer isn't polling well, he conveniently forgot about what he said and attack Perry for saying virtually the same thing.

Perry stuck to his guns despite the backlash...because it's the truth.

And Romney reverted to his fallback position...say whatever it takes to get elected.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...cial-security-criminal-fraud.html#post4132772

1) Repeal Obamacare.

8) Restructure tax laws.

Obama released our oil reserve and our gas prices did not fall a dime, and it increased right back up to where it was in a couple of days. What are you talking about here?? Now we have no reserves, it did not do one damn thing.

But this weekend as an anticipated 39 million Americans drive 50 miles or more for the holiday, the Obama administration is preparing to release 30 million barrels of crude from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Meanwhile, AAA reports the price of gasoline per gallon has declined from $3.63 just before the announcement to $3.55 on Friday. Gasoline prices peaked this year at nearly $4 a gallon on May 5.
Just the announcement reduced the price of gasoline, before one drop of that oil was sold.

And that was a measly 30 million barrels.

It totally undermined the liberal meme that drilling our own oil here in the United States wouldn't affect the price of oil or gasoline.

Perry is the only one to be honest about Social Security.

Romney called Social Security a criminal enterprise in his book last year, but true to form, since that answer isn't polling well, he conveniently forgot about what he said and attack Perry for saying virtually the same thing.

Perry stuck to his guns despite the backlash...because it's the truth.

And Romney reverted to his fallback position...say whatever it takes to get elected.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...cial-security-criminal-fraud.html#post4132772

Rick Perry Backs Off Social Security 'Ponzi Scheme' Comments

Rick Perry Backs Off Social Security 'Ponzi Scheme' Comments

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTp7x4CGHys&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLA2019E26B0EB47F8]Rick Perry Flip-Flops - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back