Official RICK PERRY jobs plan

Texas has the highest proportion of workers earning minimum wage or less

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif

And in Texas you can live off just TWO whataburger jobs instead of three like everywhere else!

Are you kidding me!?? He does not say one thing about how he will create jobs NOT ONE!!!

All he says is one sentence about creating 600k jobs in TX.

ONE SENTENCE ABOUT SUPPOSEDLY HIS JOB CREATION IN TX. He doesnt even say how he created those jobs!

Puhhlease. Americans are exceptional, and we deserve a candidate that actually has a plan, not someone with sales skills.

He can't...he did it...or better put...the oil industry did it with Obama stimulus money.

So? Why should I be concerned about minimum wage jobs being the standard by which job creation is gauged? Because of all the things that go along with that...

Texas leads nation in numbers without health insurance

In Texas, more jobs and more poverty

Texas Poverty Grows By 9 Percent In One Year

24 Percent Of Texas Children Living In Poverty

If that was just Texas, we could rightly place the blame on Perry, but the truth is:

U.S. poverty totals hit a 50-year high

Census Bureau's grim statistics show recession's lingering effects, as young adults move back home and 1 million more Americans go without health insurance.

^Men line up for free lunches at the Union Rescue Mission (in California). Overall, poverty… (Luis Sinco/Los Angeles Times)
September 14, 2011|By Don Lee, Noam Levey and Alejandro Lazo, Los Angeles Times

Reporting from Washington — In a grim portrait of a nation in economic turmoil, the government reported that the number of people living in poverty last year surged to 46.2 million — the most in at least half a century — as 1 million more Americans went without health insurance and household incomes fell sharply.

Poverty hits 50-year high, U.S says - Los Angeles Times

So, as it is the entire nation, where should the blame fall?

Perry is fighting an uphill battle against a national decline!

So that has nothing to do with Perry, but the Oil jobs do? :lol:

I'd offer to sell you a bridge, but it's in Texas and falling down...

What part of "a national trend" is unclear to you?

If it was just Texas, I'd blame Perry.

But it's not just Texas, the U.S. just hit a 50 high in the poverty rate.

THE NATION, not just Texas.

And Texas is fighting the trend and putting people back to work by creating more jobs than the rest of the country combined.

And you scoff at that.

Better to collect welfare and queue up for a free lunch in California than have a job in Texas...typical liberal mindset. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

And Texas if fighting back by creating more jobs than the rest of the country combined.

And you scoff at that.

Better to collect welfare and queue up for a free lunch in California than have a job in Texas...typical liberal mindset. :cuckoo:

Nope...just in the race to the bottom, Texas wants to be first...

Worst for poverty, one of the worst for education and the worst for health care...but there are a lot of McJobs! The GOP plan for the rest of the country...

And Texas if fighting back by creating more jobs than the rest of the country combined.

And you scoff at that.

Worst for poverty, one of the worst for education and the worst for health care...but there are a lot of McJobs! The GOP plan for the rest of the country...

American's want to work, not take a hand out.

9.5% of the jobs in Texas pay minimum wage, that means 90.5% pay more.

Would you say 10% of the workforce are teenagers?

Whether they are or not, I hold in the highest esteem anyone who is willing to work rather than take a handout.

Last edited:

And you scoff at that.

American's want to work, not take a hand out.

9.5% of the jobs in Texas pay minimum wage, that means 90.5% pay more.

Would you say 10% of the workforce are teenagers?

Whether they are or not, I hold in the highest esteem anyone who is willing to work rather than take a handout.

And I respect a country that wants to do better for its populace than take it to the level of a third world country like Texas is.

And Texas is fighting the trend and putting people back to work by creating more jobs than the rest of the country combined.

And you scoff at that.

That's the results of 8 years of Bush policies. Obama's recovery was effectively thwarted in 2010.

Happy now?

Boehner got 98% of what he wanted.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_paKxXLsenA]Boehner Christmas II - YouTube[/ame]

And McConnell is sticking with his guns.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXahlA8CTB4]Sen. McConnell - Making Obama A One-Term President Is My Single Most Important Political Goal [CLIP] - YouTube[/ame]

And you scoff at that.

That's the results of 8 years of Bush policies. Obama's recovery was effectively thwarted in 2010.

Happy now?

Boehner got 98% of what he wanted.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_paKxXLsenA"]Boehner Christmas II - YouTube[/ame]

And McConnell is sticking with his guns.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXahlA8CTB4"]Sen. McConnell - Making Obama A One-Term President Is My Single Most Important Political Goal [CLIP] - YouTube[/ame]

Read the article, we hit the high in 2010, after Democrats had held overwhelming majorities in Congress for four years and the presedency for 2 years..

Nice try on the spin though.

Last edited:
The Texas "job creation miracle" wasn't really a miracle at all. I'm sure this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone, but Texas has oil. No one has been able to ignore the steep rise in the cost of oil lately. This provided a boon to Perry's state. The job increases, mostly in low wage service jobs, are because of that. Texas still has an unemployment worse than half the US states.

So what would Perry's job plan be? He can't find oil in the other 49 states.

Well, he also grew the Texas government by quite a bit. Guess he learned from Bush after all...

Um, Louisiana has oil too and their job creation numbers aren't nearly what they are in Texas.

It is nothing short of amazing the ingenuity that the Left is using to discredit plain simple facts. If they could just harness all that cleverness to something useful, like solving our problems we wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm so glad you just couldn't stay away, imbecile. I love showing you just how imbecilic you are.

Texas produces 21% of the oil in the US. Guess how much Louisiana produces? 3% imbecile, 3%.

Unemployment in LA? 7.2% Texas? 8.5%

Come back anytime imbecile!
The top oil producers in this country are:
Alaska
Texas
California
Louisiana
Oil production statistics - states compared - StateMaster Energy

Which one of these had the highest job creation (note, job creation is NOT the same as unemployment, dunce) numbers?
Do you get the point that you are outclassed here, Mary?

And you scoff at that.

Alsoi keep in mind Texas probably has one of the highest rates of legal and illegal immigration, and those people tend to work min wage jobs.
But it is useless arguing with Seawytch. He's got his head (and probably someone else's) up his ass.

The Texas "job creation miracle" wasn't really a miracle at all. I'm sure this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone, but Texas has oil. No one has been able to ignore the steep rise in the cost of oil lately. This provided a boon to Perry's state. The job increases, mostly in low wage service jobs, are because of that. Texas still has an unemployment worse than half the US states.

So what would Perry's job plan be? He can't find oil in the other 49 states.

Well, he also grew the Texas government by quite a bit. Guess he learned from Bush after all...

Um, Louisiana has oil too and their job creation numbers aren't nearly what they are in Texas.

It is nothing short of amazing the ingenuity that the Left is using to discredit plain simple facts. If they could just harness all that cleverness to something useful, like solving our problems we wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm so glad you just couldn't stay away, imbecile. I love showing you just how imbecilic you are.

Texas produces 21% of the oil in the US. Guess how much Louisiana produces? 3% imbecile, 3%.

And what happens when the imbecile can't argue the facts? Neg reps, of course. Pussy.

Alaska
Texas
California
Louisiana

Which one of these had the highest job creation (note, job creation is NOT the same as unemployment, dunce) numbers?

They can't deny that under Perry, Texas leads the nation in job creation.

All they can do is obfuscate.

Let them run on that...Democrats would rather have no jobs than have 9.5% of jobs be minimum wage.

That's a winner.

Read the article, we hit the high in 2010, after Democrats had held overwhelming majorities in Congress for four years and the presedency for 2 years..

Nice try on the spin though.

No the spin here is trying to map the economic calamity wrought by 8 years of George W. Bush's criminal incompetence to the current administration. Democratic initiatives were having a positive effect on the economy until the election of the Tea Party.

They've effectively stopped governance and policy making. This congress is on record for the lowest activity in terms of legislation in over 50 years.

Why?

Because of the wish of Republicans to funnel tax payer money, in droves, the the richest Americans.

Alaska
Texas
California
Louisiana

When you can't produce enough jobs to counter the intake of people, it DOES matter imbecile. Oil production is 21% for Texas, 3% for Louisiana. Huge difference in those numbers doncha think imbecile?

Forum List

Back