Official: Obama Admin Drafted Memo to Blame Military If Bin Laden Mission Failed

He left office in Before the raid I believe.

Where did he get such information?

You do realize it's common practice in journalism to write two "fill in the __________" stories? or "templates."

Journalists do this to get the story out sooner rather than later...

That's why I posted that Dewey/Truman picture - that was a fantastic example of the aforementioned that was knee-jerked..

We're not talking about journalists, Nick.
Mukasey claims that Pinetta penned the memo.

*waiting*

And you can bet your sweet ass if General Michael Mukasey says there is a memo there is one or he wouldn't be on national tv talking about it.. now who do you trust more,, the general or obamalamadingdong?

First of all....Mike Mukasey was "Attorney General". That does not make him a general

Second of all......he was Attorney General under Bush. How does that give him access to confidential memos in the Obama administration?

We're not talking about journalists, Nick.
Mukasey claims that Pinetta penned the memo.

*waiting*

And you can bet your sweet ass if General Michael Mukasey says there is a memo there is one or he wouldn't be on national tv talking about it.. now who do you trust more,, the general or obamalamadingdong?

First of all....Mike Mukasey was "Attorney General". That does not make him a general

Second of all......he was Attorney General under Bush. How does that give him access to confidential memos in the Obama administration?

you are correct. he was a judge and an attorney general,, and I believe every word he says.

It doesn't surprise me either that a bunch of blind moronic lemming are running with the misinformation that the rightwing talking heads are spewing out.

care to explain exactly HOW the memo would blame the general?? According to what I ahve read the emmo stated that there were a specific set of guidlelines and that if things changed they would have to clear continuing the mission with the president. The only way McCraven could havebeen blamed is that if things changed and he didn't check in.

MUKASEY: There was a memo from Leon Panetta that described the authority that was given to McCraven and it was to proceed according to the risks, only according to the risks that had been outline to the president.

And if he encountered anything else, he had to check back.

so how does that make him a scapegoat UNLESS he failed to follow orders and check in if things changed??

You rightwing lemmings are so desperate that you are willing to run with whatever your talking ehads feed you.

you are correct. he was a judge and an attorney general,, and I believe every word he says.

How does a former Bush administrator get access to internal memos in the Obama administration?

Why didnt he say what specifically was in the memo if he actually saw it?

Sounds like....I heard from some guy..

obama could not have been watching the raid as it happened.

Bin Laden raid: Obama plagued by more exposure - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

For example, Panetta admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound as further doubts emerged about the U.S. version of events.

Panetta, currently Director of Central Intelligence, told a PBS radio news reporter that there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the attacking U.S. Navy SEALs had been cut off.

This statement by Panetta cast doubts on information emanating from the White House. A photograph released by the White House showed the President and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded on a television monitor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...lackout-during-raid-on-bin-Laden-compound.htm

The head of the CIA admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound as further doubts emerged about the US version of events.

Panetta: President Obama Couldn't See Bin Laden's Death, but Received 'Geronimo' Signal | PBS NewsHour

Panetta told Lehrer neither he nor President Obama watched the actual shooting of bin Laden as it happened. Panetta spoke from CIA headquarters about the military intelligence operation that led to the al-Qaida leader's death.

"Once those teams went into the compound, I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes that we really didn't know just exactly what was going on

The photo of obama watching the raid is a phony photo op. It was staged.

How does a former Bush administrator get access to internal memos in the Obama administration?

c o n n e c t i o n s unless you're stupid enough to believe everything is buttoned up in dc.

c o n n e c t i o n s unless you're stupid enough to believe everything is buttoned up in dc.

Name them......if Mukasey is credible he should clarify his source and provide specifics about the memo.....I see none of that in the Hannity memo

Once again, Fox shows it's lack of journalistic integrity in it's title....Official: Admin drafted memo to blame military if Bin Laden Mission failed
It's source is a former Bush official which gives him no credibility without sources

Name them......if Mukasey is credible he should clarify his source and provide specifics about the memo.....I see none of that in the Hannity memo

If cow shit was butter you wouldn't have to churn..

Once again, Fox shows it's lack of journalistic integrity in it's title....Official: Admin drafted memo to blame military if Bin Laden Mission failed
It's source is a former Bush official which gives him no credibility without sources

blow it out yer ass.

Figures.

The guy leaves nothing to chance.

It's amazing how many rightwing lemmings swallow this propaganda whole and without question.

Even IF the memo does exist according to the source of the op the only way McCraven could have been blamed was IF he failed to "check in" IF anything changed.

Basesd on the source provided there is no magic get out of responsibility memo and none of your blind acceptance of rightwing propaganda out of pure desperation will change that.

So easy to claim such a memo existed, isn't it?

And even so...you and I and everyone else knows that no memo would have stopped the Buck stopping at the President's desk...just like it did after Desert One.

It's hardly unique for Presidents - and politicians generally - to cover their ass in case something goes to shit. Surely, you know that. It's not just Obama... I'm quietly confident that it's SOP for any incumbent. But to deny that one does it when you know the previous guy did is pathetic.

Aren't you the one who demands "evidence", chica?

I think, if you read my posting history.... it depends on the circumstances... the fact is that, given how our politics works... it's pretty standard for Presidents to have some kind of plausible excuse to point the finger elsewhere. If you read what I said... I said it was SOP for ANY President... not just this one. Comprehension. It's a good thing.

obama could not have been watching the raid as it happened.

Bin Laden raid: Obama plagued by more exposure - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

For example, Panetta admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound as further doubts emerged about the U.S. version of events.

Panetta, currently Director of Central Intelligence, told a PBS radio news reporter that there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the attacking U.S. Navy SEALs had been cut off.

This statement by Panetta cast doubts on information emanating from the White House. A photograph released by the White House showed the President and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded on a television monitor.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...lackout-during-raid-on-bin-Laden-compound.htm

The head of the CIA admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound as further doubts emerged about the US version of events.

Panetta: President Obama Couldn't See Bin Laden's Death, but Received 'Geronimo' Signal | PBS NewsHour

Panetta told Lehrer neither he nor President Obama watched the actual shooting of bin Laden as it happened. Panetta spoke from CIA headquarters about the military intelligence operation that led to the al-Qaida leader's death.

"Once those teams went into the compound, I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes that we really didn't know just exactly what was going on

The photo of obama watching the raid is a phony photo op. It was staged.

So let me get this straight. They were watching it live, however, at one point they lost video from the team that went INSIDE the compound and you think that is proof that they were not watching it live??

WOW! lol you lemmings are ridiculous.

Forum List

Back