Official Notice

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Was given to my husband today. He can no longer use the pharmacy of his choosing. He must use an Obama approved pharmacy!

Was given to my husband today. He can no longer use the pharmacy of his choosing. He must use an Obama approved pharmacy!

Sounds like any other health insurance plan out there. You have to use doctors and pharmacies that are in your network, or you pay more. Nothing new here.

Sounds like any other health insurance plan out there. You have to use doctors and pharmacies that are in your network, or you pay more. Nothing new here.

Wrong. It is new. No one ever told us we had tto use a certain pharmacy.

I call bullshit.

What health care plan are you on that has Obama approved pharmacies? It sounds unbearable. You should change providers immediately.

Congress had absoplutely nothing to do with The Affordable Health Care Act, it was only the all powerful Obamaman!

The new bit will be that you can't just tell them to keep their shitty insurance - no matter how bad it gets.

Shes mad that he has to go to a pharmacy that is medicare approved?

Gee she sure whines alot about that FREE stuff obama is giving her

Part D is provided through private insurers, not the feds (er, sorry--Obama). If it was run by the feds, you'd have access to every participating pharmacy in the country. It's not, so you have networks, which are subject to change from year to year as their relationship with your insurer shifts.

How Medicare Prescription Drug Plans and Medicare Advantage Plans with Prescription Drug Coverage (MA-PDs) Use Pharmacies, Formularies, and Common Coverage Rules | CMS

Each Medicare Prescription Drug Plan and Medicare Advantage Plan with prescription drug coverage (MA-PD) must provide at least a standard level of coverage set by Medicare. Plans can vary on which pharmacies they use, which prescription drugs they
cover, and how much they charge. Plans design their prescription drug coverage using different methods.
Network pharmacies

Medicare drug plans and MA-PDs have contracts with pharmacies that are part of the plan’s “network.” If you go to a pharmacy that isn’t in your plan’s network, your plan may not cover your drugs. Along with retail pharmacies, your plan’s network may include preferred pharmacies, a mail-order program, and a 60- or 90-day retail pharmacy program.

• Preferred Pharmacies
    If your plan has preferred pharmacies, you may save money by using them. Your prescription drug costs (such as a copayment or coinsurance) may be less at a preferred pharmacy because it has agreed with your plan to charge less.
  • Mail-Order Programs
    Some plans may offer a mail-order program that allows you to get up to a 90-day supply of your covered prescription drugs sent directly to your home. This is usually a cost-effective and convenient way to fill your prescriptions.
  • 60- or 90-Day Retail Pharmacy Programs
    Some retail pharmacies may also offer a 60- or 90-day supply of covered prescription drugs.

Forum List

Back