Official NCAA 2010 Football Season Thread

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
I'm calling it now: the biggest game of the year will be Alabama versus Arkansas. It's early in the season, both teams SHOULD go in unscathed, and the winner of the game wins the SEC West, wins the SEC Championship, and wins the National Championship.

Gut tells me Alabama, heart wants Arkansas. It should be a good game.

Also, he may be a colossal douchebag, but Ryan Mallett is going to make some waves this year. He's worked on short passing, he's got more seasoned receivers, and his foot supposedly is in top shape.

Arkansas scares me (as usual). Big BAMA fan here. Wondering...is Arkansas one of the 6 SEC teams that took a bye week prior to playing BAMA? (I haven't looked).

Arkansas scares me (as usual). Big BAMA fan here. Wondering...is Arkansas one of the 6 SEC teams that took a bye week prior to playing BAMA? (I haven't looked).

I wish. We play Georgia the week before Bama, and THEN we get our bye week. If we lose to Georgia again, I'll already have given up on our season. There was no excuse for our performance against them last year, so this year should not even be a matter of discussion.

Arkansas is a good looking team. I really hope Petrino has done a lot with the defense, because that will be what holds us back. Our offense should be pretty fun to watch. We have the best quarterback in the conference (arguably the league), a whole slew of receivers with experience, and a nice set of backs to keep the ground game effective.

If we didn't have to play Bama, I'd be predicting a run for the SEC Championship without question. But having Bama in our division makes that difficult. Why can't we have been this promising three years ago when Bama sucked? *sigh*

I at least predict our first BCS game this year. If Bama goes to the National Championship again, which they will do barring any major disappointments (such as losing to us :)), Florida will fill a spot in the BCS, and that will leave one more spot for the SEC. Preseason, Arkansas is hands down the third best team in the SEC. So, a BCS matchup is likely.

I wish. We play Georgia the week before Bama, and THEN we get our bye week. If we lose to Georgia again, I'll already have given up on our season. There was no excuse for our performance against them last year, so this year should not even be a matter of discussion.

Arkansas is a good looking team. I really hope Petrino has done a lot with the defense, because that will be what holds us back. Our offense should be pretty fun to watch. We have the best quarterback in the conference (arguably the league), a whole slew of receivers with experience, and a nice set of backs to keep the ground game effective.

If we didn't have to play Bama, I'd be predicting a run for the SEC Championship without question. But having Bama in our division makes that difficult. Why can't we have been this promising three years ago when Bama sucked? *sigh*

I at least predict our first BCS game this year. If Bama goes to the National Championship again, which they will do barring any major disappointments (such as losing to us :)), Florida will fill a spot in the BCS, and that will leave one more spot for the SEC. Preseason, Arkansas is hands down the third best team in the SEC. So, a BCS matchup is likely.

LOL...well you never know! We have to play the game first. But I can't stand the thought of losing either..:(

Arkansas is one of the few SEC games we have that the other team didn't have a bye the week before. That sucks!

Ark doesn't have the team around Mallet and they will get crushed by Bama. They also will lose to a couple unrated teams as they always do.
Unfortunately they always play LSU tough.

around the whole and down the bowl.

That said, my son played for Saban. Nick is a football God

As a Gator fan, I would be pleased if our game vs. Alabama during the regular season is moderately close.

Ark doesn't have the team around Mallet and they will get crushed by Bama.

You couldn't be more wrong. While our defense may struggle, the fact that we are returning one of the most explosive offenses in the country and the fact that Bama lost a lot of their defensive starters means that we could rack up some points. The question is can we stop Bama from racking up more. Plus, we get home field advantage. It's going to be a good game to watch. It will likely be the Game of the Week, assuming we don't lose to Georgia and Bama doesn't lose to Penn State prior to then.

They also will lose to a couple unrated teams as they always do.

We always have because we've never had a solid team. This year, we do. The only two games that worry me are Alabama and Auburn. Really, we'd just be happy to make it to the BCS. So even if we lose to Alabama, that's still very likely.

Unfortunately they always play LSU tough.

And we have to play LSU on their turf. That does't really bother me. I haven't talked to many LSU fans who are excited about this season. They're tired of Miles. So unless LSU surprises everyone and does well up to the Arkansas game, I don't expect much out of them.

Gosh I hope the arguing hasn't started a month prior to the season. Who really knows what anyone will do.

00C12B225.gif
But, they always seem to have a good team..

Ark is the only SEC road game I've ever made. Love the pig suey chant and the ark razorback chant. They make hell a noise for a small stadium.
My son kicked a 53 yrd field goal in that game.

Arkansas produces a good team about every 3 years. They make football players without having to buy them or violating every NCAA rule there is. And every 3 years those teams are punctuated by a very good quarterback but an incredibly subpar kicking game. I've seen enough disappointments that I won't speculate about BCS chances and all that nonsense.

Ark is the only SEC road game I've ever made. Love the pig suey chant and the ark razorback chant. They make hell a noise for a small stadium.
My son kicked a 53 yrd field goal in that game.

That means you were at the stadium in Little Rock, which we only play 2 games a year in. The stadium in Fayetteville is much bigger and much nicer. But yeah, the fans seem to go nuts at the Little Rock games.

Arkansas produces a good team about every 3 years. They make football players without having to buy them or violating every NCAA rule there is. And every 3 years those teams are punctuated by a very good quarterback but an incredibly subpar kicking game. I've seen enough disappointments that I won't speculate about BCS chances and all that nonsense.

I don't know your measure of good. Since Nutt came in 1998, we've only had three years that I would call "good." That would be 1998 and 1999, neither of which were because of players that Nutt recruited, and 2006, only because of Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. The rest of the seasons under Nutt were subpar. Petrino's first two seasons have been building blocks for what could be a great trend in Arkansas football.

I certainly hope you are not insinuating other teams do.

Forum List

Back