Official: Manning released

Peyton isoverated -washed up.

An overrated QB.

His old man wasa better QB - who finishedbehind Joe T in 1970 - who should havewwon the Heeisman t

The Beatles were overrated

How did the Seahawks do against the Niners this year? What makes you think they would be better than them with Manning?

better than it appears actually. In their first game (week one) the Seahawks had closed to within two points before their woeful special teams gave up back to back touchdowns on a kickoff and punt return which sealed the deal. Aside from that all the 49ers could to was kick field goals for the most part. Defensively Seattle held the 49ers to 209 total yards, 85 of which was on the ground for the team. Statistically, Seattle beat them soundly but their biggest problems were: 1) it was the first game with Jackson at QB and he struggled early and refused to throw the ball vertically, 2) three early fumbles gave the 49ers a short field leading to building an early lead, 3) the early lead by the 49ers took Lynch pretty much out of the game. So while the first game looks like a blowout by the score alone, it was actually a very close game that the Seahawks were appearing to be destined to win....until those two special teams TDs on returns saved the 49ers' ass.

The second game was a two point win by San Francisco with the winning field goal coming at the very end of the game. Lynch had a dominating day on the ground, at least in comparison to what other backs had done to the 49ers last year, becoming the only person that season to rush for over 100 yards and a TD. Seattle was a little more vulnerable on the ground that time but they managed to hold the 49ers to a single TD although Akers kicked two long field goals and added two more chip shots.

So in reality, Seattle actually played the 49ers very well last year. They did end up getting swept but they were both games that could have gone either way until the final few moments of the game.

Would Manning help? Assuming he is the Manning we all know and love (or hate) and not completely broken, he would make Seattle an immediate Super Bowl contender. Seattle has excellent young receivers with incredible speed. Jackson is loathe to throw the ball downfield. He almost always throws swings, screens, or short side routes. Defenses know this and so they simply stack the line and flood the flats. Manning will challenge deep and that means bigger plays that create momentum and it will force the defense to back off which opens the field for intermediate routes and more space to work after the catch on short routes. It also means more running room for Lynch.

Jackson also holds onto the ball way too long which leads to more sacks and fumbles that translate into a short field for opposing offenses and increased scoring opportunities for the other side. Manning doesn't do that and is willing to throw the ball away when there's nothing there to avoid the sack. Jackson also locks on to his target. Even watching at home I know where he is going to throw before he finishes his drop. If I can see it, safeties and linebackers can sure as hell see it. Manning scans the field and anticipates the defense much better leading to a higher completion rate and a lower interception rate.

I mean come on dude. Suggesting that Manning would not make the Seahawks better is a bit stunning. He would make them immediately better....assuming he is healthy and there's the real sticking point. I would say very confidently that had Manning been the QB for Seattle last year (and healthy) Seattle would have beat the 49ers both times.

Last edited:
There are only 4 or 5 teams he couldn't make better if he's healthy and still has some tread on the tires.

change a plans. he's going to Tennessee. this is about bucks. not buck rogers. he thinks he's still a new sting ray but an Edsel may be closer to the truth

why he's in TN

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1ar9-s9NQ]Peyton Manning & Kenny Chesney Singing country - YouTube[/ame]

1 hour ago:

Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin meets with Peyton Manning - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

The Dolphins on Monday night were given a forum to make a pitch to Peyton Manning, just as they had been told they would.
Manning met with Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and other staff members, including offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, in Indianapolis on Monday night.
ESPN reported it was a “good meeting” and lasted between five and six hours.

:clap2:

1 hour ago:

Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin meets with Peyton Manning - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

The Dolphins on Monday night were given a forum to make a pitch to Peyton Manning, just as they had been told they would.
Manning met with Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and other staff members, including offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, in Indianapolis on Monday night.
ESPN reported it was a “good meeting” and lasted between five and six hours.

:clap2:

As as Seahawks fan let me add my :clap2: ...he would have made our team better but not at all a good idea for the development of our team. Now go after Flynn in free agency so we have a QB who can grow with our team

With Brandon Marshall going to the Bears, I think Miami just got knocked way down the list of teams Manning might end up at. They seemed like a good fit, but losing their top wide out really hurts. I think it gives Tennessee a much better shot at convincing him to go there.

I'm surprised the Colts let Garcon go and kept Wayne. With as much rebuilding as I see happening in Indy, I expected them to think youth at the 'skill positions'. Then again, maybe they see Wayne as a safety net for Luck as he gets used to the NFL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuD-MqG5Omc]#WAARF Peyton Manning "Your Career Will Go On" Miami Dolphins - YouTube[/ame]

Matt.
Moore.
We'll show him the door.

Last edited:
Reggie Wayne is an FA. he stated yesterday he's not going to wait for manning to sign. if he goes to the fins they have a worm on the hook to entice manning.

looks like Peyton is snubbing the Hawks.

whatever.

If he wants to win a 2nd SB - his choice should come down to the Hawks and Niners.

Ain't gonna be with Arizona, Denver, Miami, or Tenn etc.....................................

whatever.

If he wants to win a 2nd SB - his choice should come down to the Hawks and Niners.

Ain't gonna be with Arizona, Denver, Miami, or Tenn etc.....................................

Even with Peyton, the Hawks aren't better than the Niners. They are better off going after Flynn and building long term

Not sold on Matt Flynn.

A backup who put up big numbers in 2 starts.

Happens a lot with backup who start like a house-afire.

Then their ability shows down the line.

I would like to see them draft Keith Price from UW next season - who totally OUTPLAYED Griffen III in the Alamo? Bowl.

whatever.

Even with Peyton, the Hawks aren't better than the Niners. They are better off going after Flynn and building long term

I think you underestimate the Hawks. Frankly, I don't want Manning in Seattle and I would not want Seattle to break the bank on Flynn. If he is demanding top money then screw it. He could be the next Matt Hasselbeck, but then again he might be the next Kevin Kolb.

Personally, I would prefer Tannehill over both.

Forum List

Back