Official Government Website for Palestine-Israel Peace Process

David2004

Jan 15, 2004

It is clear that if the Palestinian-Israeli peace process is going to move forward in the Middle East the playing field is going to have to be more fare and transparent. A step towards this goal could be accomplished with the creation of an official governmental website for all the parties involved to post their government positions. The members of the Quartet would each have their own section as well as Israel, Palestine, and the Arab League. Each member could post their official position as well as replies on issues involving the peace process. This would be a table that the world’s people and nations could see all of the cards on the table.

This website could be translated into many different languages for people to read. This would improve the transparency to who is saying and doing what in the peace process. It would create a platform for very little misunderstanding to what is being said and would be equal to all sides. Official proposals of peace could be posted by any of the parties with official responses being made and recorded as part of the official record.

Over time the positions on certain issues change of one side or the other. An official website for the peace process could help keep the record straight on the current government position on all sides. Helping to improve the transparency to the position of all sides will be a good step towards peace. Establishing links to other newly created websites that will become apart of the progress towards peace in the region. Let the official debate on the issues of peace, security, and justice be on an equal and balance platform for the world to see.

The official government website would be an added platform in the peace process. The peace talks and negotiations would continue to operate in the same format. The website would be another platform that all sides could post their views and current position. Giving everyone equal access to information on all sides.

David2004 said:

It is clear that if the Palestinian-Israeli peace process is going to move forward in the Middle East the playing field is going to have to be more fare and transparent. A step towards this goal could be accomplished with the creation of an official governmental website for all the parties involved to post their government positions. The members of the Quartet would each have their own section as well as Israel, Palestine, and the Arab League. Each member could post their official position as well as replies on issues involving the peace process. This would be a table that the world’s people and nations could see all of the cards on the table.

This website could be translated into many different languages for people to read. This would improve the transparency to who is saying and doing what in the peace process. It would create a platform for very little misunderstanding to what is being said and would be equal to all sides. Official proposals of peace could be posted by any of the parties with official responses being made and recorded as part of the official record.

Over time the positions on certain issues change of one side or the other. An official website for the peace process could help keep the record straight on the current government position on all sides. Helping to improve the transparency to the position of all sides will be a good step towards peace. Establishing links to other newly created websites that will become apart of the progress towards peace in the region. Let the official debate on the issues of peace, security, and justice be on an equal and balance platform for the world to see.

The official government website would be an added platform in the peace process. The peace talks and negotiations would continue to operate in the same format. The website would be another platform that all sides could post their views and current position. Giving everyone equal access to information on all sides.

What 'peace process?' You were unaware it takes two sides?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060306/ap_on_re_mi_ea/palestinians_parliament

Palestinians Vote to Strip Abbas of Powers

By IBRAHIM BARZAK, Associated Press WriterMon Mar 6, 3:28 PM ET

Hamas headed into a full-blown confrontation with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Monday, voting to strip him of powers he was hastily awarded by his Fatah Party in the last session of the outgoing parliament.

In Gaza City, an Israeli missile strike killed two Islamic Jihad militants and three bystanders, including two young boys.

The Hamas-Fatah conflict has been simmering since Hamas swept Fatah out of office in January parliamentary elections, ending four decades of unchallenged rule by the party of the late Yasser Arafat.

Hamas has 74 seats in the new parliament and Fatah just 45, and the first order of business for Hamas was to cancel the powers the outgoing parliament gave to Abbas, the Fatah leader, authorizing him to cancel laws passed by the new parliament and appointing Fatah officials to key positions.

In the West Bank administrative capital of Ramallah, Fatah delegates walked out, accusing Hamas of twisting the rules to weaken Abbas' authority.

About 15 Fatah gunmen marched on parliament in Gaza City, firing into the air. The gunmen eventually headed to a Fatah meeting, where they demanded their party stay out of the government Hamas is setting up and threatened to kill any Fatah official who joined.

With its absolute majority, Hamas can set up a government by itself, but Hamas leaders prefer to bring in other parties, partly to deflect international criticism and threatened economic sanctions because of Hamas' record of violence and refusal to recognize Israel...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060306/wl_mideast_afp/mideastpalestinian
Hamas leader vows armed struggle against Israel

Mon Mar 6, 4:08 PM ET

The supremo of Palestinian radical group Hamas vowed to continue armed struggle against Israel and declared that the Palestinian Authority had accomplished nothing by recognising the Jewish state.

"The demand that Hamas and the resistance movements lay down their weapons and become political parties is unrealistic and has nothing to do with the Palestinian reality on the ground," said Meshaal in an interview broadcast on Dubai-based Arab news channel Al-Arabiya after the end of his landmark visit to Moscow Sunday.

"This is why we are determined to hold on to our choices which are resisting and defending our people with the modest arms that we have while opting for peaceful politics to reorganise the internal Palestinian order."

Meshaal made clear his group, which has carried out dozens of attacks against Israel, had no plans to compromise its militancy in the face of diplomatic pressure...

Originally posted by Kathianne
What 'peace process?' You were unaware it takes two sides?

Good question...

What peace process?

The one you are talking about is the "surrender process".

José said:
Good question...

What peace process?

The one you are talking about is the "surrender process".
I think you've already made it clear, Israel needs to surrender. Right?

Originally posted by Kathianne
I think you've already made it clear, Israel needs to surrender. Right?

Absolutely right... if by surrender you mean:

Sharing the stolen territory with the natives of the land.

José said:
Absolutely right... if by surrender you mean:

Sharing the stolen territory with the natives of the land.
Twasn't stolen. Besides the point. Israelis need to vacate, no?

I still have what I think is a pretty fair and honest question. Who decided that this land was an area that nobody wanted?

Originally posted by Dilloduck
I still have what I think is a pretty fair and honest question. Who decided that this land was an area that nobody wanted?

LOL

Dillo stop picking on Hobbit will ya? : )

Leave the poor young man alone... I think he supports Israel on religious grounds.

As an individual born and raised by an evangelical family, I know first hand, there’s nothing you can do in this case except respect your relative’s personal beliefs.

Now behave yourself : )

José said:
LOL

Dillo stop picking on Hobbit will ya? : )

Leave the poor young man alone... I think he supports Israel on religious grounds.

As an individual born and raised by an evangelical family, I know first hand, there’s nothing you can do in this case except respect your relative’s personal beliefs.

Now behave yourself : )

Do you have the answer?----(my relative?)

Originally posted by Dilloduck
Do you have the answer?----(my relative?)

No, I don’t know how it was determined...

I wish I did.

It’s is indeed a crucial question.

Depending on the answer I could even become a supporter of Israel.

They say opinions are like assholes everybody has one.

Anyway... here’s mine...

One of the ways to delegitimise the palestinian cause and, at the same time legitimise Israel, is to portray pre-Israel western palestine as a wasteland, inhabited by a bunch of arabs with no specific national identity and who couldn’t care less about their land.

If only these individuals knew that the palestinian specific national identity was created EXACTLY by Israel, was created by what they call Nakhba, the catastrophe of dispossession when the jewish state was created.

The struggle for the homeland lost to Israel is what differentiate a palestinian from a iraqi or syrian arab.

This is why I laugh when I read many of David’s posts:

In the future palestinian state, the Gaza strip will be divided in three sections:

Section A = industry

Section B = agriculture

Section C = services

etc... etc... etc....etc

David, I’m not mocking your posts ok? They are all well intentioned.

But the future palestinian state you envisage in your mind will never exist, buddy...

All your elaborate plans are just a well intentioned waste of time.

You sound like a westener who is sympathetic to the palestinian cause but don’t know the palestinian people first hand...

Listen David...

When you ask a palestinian arab to accept the ethnic cleansing of 78% of Palestine so that your future state can become a reality, you are in fact asking him to give up being a palestinian arab.

You are asking him to abandon his own specific national identity forged during the creation of Israel.

And this, David, is something palestinian arabs will never be able to do.

David2004 said:
Jose
Have ever read my Peace Plan for the Palestinian-Israeli Crisis

Hey David, have you ever addressed some of the questions possed to you?

How about using this messageboard as intended and engage in a discussion rather than your hit and run posts.

New Topics

Forum List

Back