Official Dow 10,000 thread

Looks like we're starting to come back to reality. One more big down day and we're back under 8k. The up days are practically nothing, while the down days have been pretty bad.

I hope we retest the lows again, I want to attone for some of my inaction the last time around.

We might hit 10,000, if we're lucky, but I smell a bear boom, not a long-term boom. Expect there to be another crash within the next two years.

Yes, we've (arguably) avoided one iceberg, but we've turned into a path with half a dozen icebergs, and one will eventually hit.

Also, I'd be much more impressed if the stock market numbers coincided with job growth. It'd be nice to have a job before 2011...

quote=DavidS;1097777]So, the market is rallying beyond all hopes and dreams and is up 10%+ since last week, which means we're well on our way to DOW 10,000.

I believe we'll see DOW 10,000 sometime during the summer. So, any of you believe we'll see DOW 10,000 this year?[/quote]

There is no way in Hell that we see DOW 10,000 in the next three years unless we have massive inflation. If the dollar stays steady in value the stock market will not go up much in the next three years.

I cannot imagine why the DOW would rise 1700 points in the next 5 months.

Do you guys see something good on the horizen that I don't see?

I cannot imagine why the DOW would rise 1700 points in the next 5 months.

Do you guys see something good on the horizen that I don't see?

Obama-worship will save us.

Rather, that is an exaggeration of the argument, but reveals its core. The economy will not be saved because of Obama's polices, but by his sheer presence, his charisma, his pure liberalness.

I call it the est Magick rational.

Dow won't do 10 until the fall of 2010. Until then it will bounce between 7500 and 9000.

The market has started going down.

The bear market bounce is over.

puts can be your friend. Im long spx puts and naked short spx calls right now im long the 860 puts,short the 820's and short 890,900 and 920 calls

I use them as a hedge against my overall stock exposure.

I wish I understood options. Maybe someday Toro will be so kind as to offer some insight and advice :D

I wish I understood options. Maybe someday Toro will be so kind as to offer some insight and advice :D

options are fairly simple to get a basic understanding of.
There are two types. puts and calls
calls give the right but not the obligation to buy a stock at a set price between now and some specified time in the future.
puts give the right but not the obligation to sell a stock at a set price between now and some specified time in the future

So we broke 9000 today.

I honestly didn't think it would happen before a big retracement. I'm starting to wonder about a correction that may test the lows again, at this point. I think all bad news may already have been priced in at this point. I don't know about 10,000, though.

Toro have you covered?

i think we could see 10,000 by the end of the year. i know alot of analyst were saying 12,000 but that aint gonna happen i dont think. it will be interesting to see what the 3rd brings (i know we are just starting the 2nd earnings and reports). but also next week is when the gdp number comes in.

Forum List

Back