Official Dow 10,000 thread

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
So, the market is rallying beyond all hopes and dreams and is up 10%+ since last week, which means we're well on our way to DOW 10,000.

I believe we'll see DOW 10,000 sometime during the summer. So, any of you believe we'll see DOW 10,000 this year?

So, the market is rallying beyond all hopes and dreams and is up 10%+ since last week, which means we're well on our way to DOW 10,000.

I believe we'll see DOW 10,000 sometime during the summer. So, any of you believe we'll see DOW 10,000 this year?

Yes, I do. I am invested in stocks again since the government has poured trillions of dollars into the market (money we don't have, BTW). It reminds me of the Chrysler bail-out so many years ago. I will be taking my profits out of the middle, however. I don't expect the rally to last unless the Obama Administration and the Democratically-controlled Congress change their evil spending ways.

Call me a pessimist but I think we will see 6000 before we see 10000, because of what xsited said pretty much, people are going to make some profits and bail when the government cheese ends and then we will also see some kick ass inflation that will exceed any gains for the next several years.

Call me a pessimist but I think we will see 6000 before we see 10000, because of what xsited said pretty much, people are going to make some profits and bail when the government cheese ends and then we will also see some kick ass inflation that will exceed any gains for the next several years.

I'm not sure we'll see 6000, but I also don't think we're going to see 10,000 anytime soon either. I'm not even sure I buy into the idea that we're going to see soaring inflation. I just think this economy is going to stagnate for a very long time. When we finally do see growth, I think it will be very slow growth.

I hope you're right, DavidS.

I doubt you are, but then your grasp of the market is probably far more sage than mine.

I'm not sure we'll see 6000, but I also don't think we're going to see 10,000 anytime soon either. I'm not even sure I buy into the idea that we're going to see soaring inflation. I just think this economy is going to stagnate for a very long time. When we finally do see growth, I think it will be very slow growth.

If it is one thing this economy does not do, it is slow. Oil prices doubled, then plummeted. The stock market went from 7900 in 2001 - 14000 in 2007 back down to 6500 in 2009. Our economy does now grow slow and does not shrink slow. When things are good - they're GOOD. When things are bad, they're BAD. I would love to see slow, steady growth - but it just won't happen. That's why I think we'll be at 26,000 by 2016.

Hi David:

The stock market is going up, because the liars on TV are talking the market up. The fundamentals of the U.S. Economy ARE BROKEN, because they were broken on purpose when Ben Bernanke and Secretary Paulson wired the economy for IMPLOSION beginning Sept. 18, 2008. The retards in Washington D.C. and Wall Street (Fascist Pigs = all of them) are ‘talking’ the market up and putting the lid on the ‘bad news’ to lure more suckers into the markets for the upcoming Economic IMPLOSION that is right around the corner. We still have 10,000 foreclosures every day and the U.S. Economy is still suffering from ‘far’ too much Outsourcing and ‘far’ too many Foreign Nationals (legal and illegal) shipped in left and right to ‘displace’ U.S. workers from identities and JOBS.

Tim Geithner holds the key in his hand right now to the Coming Economic IMPLOSION (my thread) and Gerald Celente has the coming ‘economic collapse’ pegged to a Tee. The new money coming into the markets right now are from SUCKERS about to lose a lot of money playing Russian Roulette with their financial futures . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nJ7LM3iyNg"]YouTube - ' Worst economic collapse ever'[/ame]

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
david i think you need to slow down. the market i think will drop again before it head about up. i am interested in seeing where the market goes tomorrow after he closed down today. i want to see if it was just people selling off and something more.

Last edited:
david i think you need to slow down. the market i think will drop again before it head about up. i am interested in seeing where the market goes tomorrow after he closed down today. i want to see if it was just people selling off and something more.

I have no idea what the hell happened today. We were up over 120 points and then boom! Doesn't make sense.

I have no idea what the hell happened today. We were up over 120 points and then boom! Doesn't make sense.

from reading and watching tv analyst think it was selling going on and most say they are actually glad for a down day.

Stocks give up gains after 4-day rally: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

there's an article that can explain it better.

Hi Wimpy with DavidS mentioned:

nobody buys your conspiracy theory bs terral = Terral's Reply >> :disagree:
I have no idea what the hell happened today :)confused:). We were up over 120 points and then boom! Doesn't make sense :)shock:).
Wimpy and DavidS do not represent everybody. Gerald Celente makes a good case and you guys are still just ‘talking’ :)slap:). My view of the U.S. Economy is that the Fundamentals are broken. That means the ‘consumer base’ is systematically being ‘displaced’ from the local JOB/consumer markets by:

1. Too much Outsourcing of JOBS. Norma Sherry Article
2. Overuse of 23 Guest Worker Programs. Adding 550,000 Guest Workers.
3. 12 to 20 Million Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals running around loose. Illegals and U.S. Unemployment.
4. Destruction of the U.S. Manufacturing Base through NAFTA/North American Union (story) leading to:
5. Rising unemployment (many stories) and:
6. Escalating Mortgage Foreclosures near 10,000 Every Day (story and story) leading to:
6. Too many distressed houses flooding the deflated housing market (worse than you think) leading to:
7. Gov’t tampering with deflated housing market (Obama/Geithner Housing Plan = my thread) leading to:
8. Even lower housing prices kicking the bottom out of the housing market (story) leading to:
9. Even less private sector spending (story and ‘record-breaking’ story) leading to:
10. Lower stock price values in an ‘Economic Collapse’ (Ron Paul, Gerald Celente, etc.).

I can give you a long list with many reasons explaining why the stock markets will definitely GO DOWN. What I would like to see from either of you guys :)beer:) is just one reason explaining why the stock market should go up besides wimpy and David said so.

The most famous and most accurate and most highly-acclaimed Trend Forecaster in the world (website) agrees 100 percent with me (website), so please offer up commentary from a forecaster of his caliber who agrees with you guys.

GL, because I do not believe one word from you guys either. :0)

Terral

Last edited:
The stock market is going to go up because consumer confidence is returning, slowly to the marketplace, the market is oversold, interest rates are non-existent and the market is CHEAP.

Hi David:

The stock market is going to go up because consumer confidence is returning, slowly to the marketplace, the market is oversold, interest rates are non-existent and the market is CHEAP.

Please forgive, but the challenge was for wimpy or DavidS to "explaining why the stock market should go up besides wimpy and David said so." That seems like a simple challenge and a reason for DavidS to 'begin' supporting his conjecture with some credible testimony from SOMEBODY. This is what Glenn Beck from Fox News is saying about a "Country In Crisis" . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZsY5XbLinw"]Glenn Beck On Fox News[/ame]

This is Glenn Beck's interview with Gerald Celente about the stock market/economy . . . and . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoCv1GwXUxc"]The Greatest Depression[/ame]

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
And are Glen Beck or this other joker economists or stock traders? No. Stock traders are the ones that are saying that the market is really cheap right now and oversold.

you think i will listen to glen beck talk about the economy. if that is who you get your economic information then omg you have to common sense.

Well today was the rally yesterday should have been. Up 178 points to close at 7395. We're inching closer and closer.

The Buffett meter is at 75%, so stocks are cheap, and there is a lot of cash sitting in Treasuries. Existing homes sales went up 33% here last month and building starts went up 22%. Interest rates are low and gas prices are low. The government is replacing the money that Wall Street stole from us. Plus, we are winding down the Iraq War, and we have an intelligent, engaged president.

Things are better than many people realize.

Forum List

Back