Official Calls For Riverside, 12 Other Counties To Secede From California

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone apparently thinks so, after proposing that the county lead a campaign for as many as 13 Southern California counties to secede from the state.

Stone said in a statement late Thursday that Riverside, Imperial, San Diego, Orange, San Bernardino, Kings, Kern, Fresno, Tulare, Inyo, Madera, Mariposa and Mono counties should form the new state of South California.

The creation of the new state would allow officials to focus on securing borders, balancing budgets, improving schools and creating a vibrant economy, he said.

“Our taxes are too high, our schools don’t educate our children well enough, unions and other special interests have more clout in the Legislature than the general public,” Stone said in his statement.

Official Calls For Riverside, 12 Other Counties To Secede From California « CBS Los Angeles

Won't happen, but I see nothing wrong with the proposal. California is an enormous state and it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for it to split. I think the state has grown too large for it's own good.

SoCal will never form a 51st State. If they wish, I will support a bill forming Lower California. Keep in mind, the water in NoCal is ours. It is sent south through a man made canal, a canal which can be shut down by a new state legislature in the Sacramento. In doing so our rivers will allow salmon and steelhead to spawn in creek beds cut off today by low water downstream.

I suggest the break begin on the straight line borders of San Luis Obisbo, Kern and San Bernadino. Everything North is California, these counties and all the rest south, the new states of Lower California.

Of course by the time this occurs Spanish will be the language spoken in the southland for everyday discourse, English will simply be pro forma.

Never going to happen. Northern California cannot survive without Southern California and vice versa. It will always remain one incredibly diverse and naturally beautiful state, albeit with a state government that has serious problems.

SoCal will never form a 51st State. If they wish, I will support a bill forming Lower California. Keep in mind, the water in NoCal is ours. It is sent south through a man made canal, a canal which can be shut down by a new state legislature in the Sacramento. In doing so our rivers will allow salmon and steelhead to spawn in creek beds cut off today by low water downstream.

I suggest the break begin on the straight line borders of San Luis Obisbo, Kern and San Bernadino. Everything North is California, these counties and all the rest south, the new states of Lower California.

Of course by the time this occurs Spanish will be the language spoken in the southland for everyday discourse, English will simply be pro forma.

Wow, liberal tyrant.

I'm shocked to learn that you would support the idea of killing off your southern neighbors with the threat of drought if the did not tow your line.

Actually, I'm not. I've understood for some time now that liberals are little more that would be tyrants.

Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone apparently thinks so, after proposing that the county lead a campaign for as many as 13 Southern California counties to secede from the state.

Stone said in a statement late Thursday that Riverside, Imperial, San Diego, Orange, San Bernardino, Kings, Kern, Fresno, Tulare, Inyo, Madera, Mariposa and Mono counties should form the new state of South California.

The creation of the new state would allow officials to focus on securing borders, balancing budgets, improving schools and creating a vibrant economy, he said.

“Our taxes are too high, our schools don’t educate our children well enough, unions and other special interests have more clout in the Legislature than the general public,” Stone said in his statement.

Official Calls For Riverside, 12 Other Counties To Secede From California « CBS Los Angeles

Won't happen, but I see nothing wrong with the proposal. California is an enormous state and it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for it to split. I think the state has grown too large for it's own good.

Well this is not quite as dumb as the Baja Arizona idea. At least it's based on wanting to help your region over not wanting to be near people that are different than you.

Hell, let them, see what happens. If all goes well, NY will break away from NYC, Il will break from Chicago, etc etc.

I lived in California for 3 years, Nor Cal and So Cal are at each others throats all the time, especially the Norteno and Sureno Street gangs, so why not? I like Northern California, especially the Bay Area, much better.

That's interesting. I've never heard of counties seceding but they probably have a better idea of how to govern themselves versus the overburdening state.

Kentucky and West Virginia seceded from Virginia. Maine was split off from Massachusetts.

:lol:
A Riverside County, Calif., official is reportedly proposing cutting out 13 counties in Southern California and seceding from the rest of the state.

Supervisor Jeff Stone is presenting his proposal to the county's Board of Supervisors on July 12, the Press Enterprise newspaper reports. He is arguing that the recent budget passed by the California Legislature and signed by Gov. Jerry Brown is basically a raid on local budgets to cover profligate spending.

"We have a state Legislature that has gone wild. They just don't care. Their goal was to get a balanced budget so they could continue to get a paycheck," Stone is quoted by the newspaper as saying. "There is only one solution: A serious secession from the liberal arm of the state of California. I know the state of California can do better."

Brown's office scoffed at the idea.

"A secessionist movement? What is this, 1860?" Brown spokesman Gil Duran reportedly said

Read more: County Supervisor Proposes 51st State Cut Out of Southern California - FoxNews.com

threads merged

:lol:
A Riverside County, Calif., official is reportedly proposing cutting out 13 counties in Southern California and seceding from the rest of the state.

Supervisor Jeff Stone is presenting his proposal to the county's Board of Supervisors on July 12, the Press Enterprise newspaper reports. He is arguing that the recent budget passed by the California Legislature and signed by Gov. Jerry Brown is basically a raid on local budgets to cover profligate spending.

"We have a state Legislature that has gone wild. They just don't care. Their goal was to get a balanced budget so they could continue to get a paycheck," Stone is quoted by the newspaper as saying. "There is only one solution: A serious secession from the liberal arm of the state of California. I know the state of California can do better."

Brown's office scoffed at the idea.

"A secessionist movement? What is this, 1860?" Brown spokesman Gil Duran reportedly said

Read more: County Supervisor Proposes 51st State Cut Out of Southern California - FoxNews.com

:lol: Seceding from the union? That is the Republican way.

Wow, liberal tyrant.

I'm shocked to learn that you would support the idea of killing off your southern neighbors with the threat of drought if the did not tow your line.

Actually, I'm not. I've understood for some time now that liberals are little more that would be tyrants.

I believe they would do it to themselves, we would only be the catalyst; it is our water (kind of a conservative sentiment, don't you think?). Research the SoCal water wars in the early 20th C. or watch "Chinatown", the 1974 film. Consider this quote attributed to Mark Twain: "Whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting".

Splitting California makes sense, the West Coast would gain two additional Senators and a bit more power in The District. The Southland can keep Hollywood an the Dodgers; we'll keep Napa, Sonoma, CAL and Stanford, the great North Coast, The Redwoods, Tahoe and world famous ski slopes, Mavericks and world famous surf, the Golden Gate Bridge and the World Series Champ Giants.

Nothing tyrannical about my comment, facts are facts

Wow, liberal tyrant.

Lib=Fascists.

Where do people get the notion that Liberals are Eugenicists, rooting for the deaths of tens of millions of people?

That's a pretty stupid retort considering that the Democrats are the only ones who have ever actually seceded.

Oh and by the way, where did it say that the people in So Cal wanted to secede from the union?

Not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, are you Sarah.

Secession:
It was bad when the south did it.
It was good when America did it.
It was "somewhat illegal" when WV did it.
It was wrong when Gov, Perry suggested it.
It's good when parts of Calif. suggest it.

Does anyone have a rule book for this shit?
I can't keep up.

That's a pretty stupid retort considering that the Democrats are the only ones who have ever actually seceded.

Oh and by the way, where did it say that the people in So Cal wanted to secede from the union?

Well all of your threads a pretty boring anyway so I wouldn't be one to actually read any of your links.

Secession is a Republican solution these days, even you must know that.

Well all of your threads a pretty boring anyway so I wouldn't be one to actually read any of your links.

Secession is a Republican solution these days, even you must know that.

So the leftists in Pima County, Arizona suggesting secession from the state and the leftists in Vermont suggesting secession from the country are Republicans?

Wow, liberal tyrant.

I believe they would do it to themselves, we would only be the catalyst; it is our water (kind of a conservative sentiment, don't you think?). Research the SoCal water wars in the early 20th C. or watch "Chinatown", the 1974 film. Consider this quote attributed to Mark Twain: "Whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting".

Splitting California makes sense, the West Coast would gain two additional Senators and a bit more power in The District. The Southland can keep Hollywood an the Dodgers; we'll keep Napa, Sonoma, CAL and Stanford, the great North Coast, The Redwoods, Tahoe and world famous ski slopes, Mavericks and world famous surf, the Golden Gate Bridge and the World Series Champ Giants.

Nothing tyrannical about my comment, facts are facts

we will go for it Wry.....but we are first going to send about 2 million Illegals north....

Forum List

Back