Official Apologizes For Saying Bush Should Be Shot Between Eyes

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
HOLY #### Their true feelings slipped out in his speech... VERY UGLY

POSTED: 2:27 pm EDT June 1, 2006
UPDATED: 3:57 pm EDT June 1, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

NEW YORK -- State Comptroller Alan Hevesi publicly apologized Thursday for a "beyond dumb" remark about "putting a bullet between the president's eyes."

Hevesi hastily called a mea culpa press conference hours after putting his foot in his mouth at the Queens College commencement.

The Queens College media relations office said it had videotaped the commencement but could not immediately provide a copy of the tape or a transcript.

At the press conference, a contrite Hevesi repeated what he recalled saying in the speech. The comptroller said he was merely trying to convey that Sen. Charles Schumer has strength and courage to stand up to the president.

"I apologize to the president of the United States" as well as to Schumer, said Hevesi. "I am not a person of violence."

"I am apologizing as abjectly as I can. There is no excuse for it. It was beyond dumb."

Hevesi said he hadn't been in touch with the White House but he hoped his apology reached President Bush.

Hevesi also called his comments "remarkably stupid" and "incredibly moronic."

"I do speak extemporaneously," he said. "And I've never said anything like this.

http://www.wnbc.com/politics/9306297/detail.html

N.Y. Democrat Official: “Bullet Between President’s Eyes”

NEW YORK--New York State Comptroller Alan Hevesi is in hot water for making remarks about "putting a bullet between the president's eyes" a day after promising that fellow democrats would “murder” republicans.
According to WNBC, Hevesi, a democrat, was speaking at the Queens College commencement at the time of the remarks, along with U.S. Senator Charles “Chuck” Schumer.

A member of the audience, blogging at Free Republic, reports that Hevesi, referring to Schumer, said the Senator would "put a bullet between the President's eyes if he could get away with it."

There were a fair number of gasps…It slightly seemed that he caught himself and then said, "Well, he's a really tough guy" or something along those lines -- trying to put the remark in context.
Shortly after Thursday's event, Hevesi issued an apology, claiming that “he was merely trying to convey that Sen. Charles Schumer has strength and courage to stand up to the president.”

Schumer did not immediately condemn Hevesi's remarks.

Hevesi’s comments came only a day after he was nominated to run for a second term at the state democratic convention Wednesday in Buffalo. In accepting the nomination he said “We’re going to murder the Republicans.”

His republican opponent, J. Christopher Callaghan, has blasted Hevesi’s remarks.

"Threats against the president are no joke and this incident raises real concerns about Alan Hevesi's fitness to hold public office, Callaghan said during his acceptance speech at the Republican state convention on Long Island.

As Comptroller, Hevesi is the state’s chief fiscal officer, charged with auditing government operations, managing the State's assets and overseeing the fiscal affairs of local governments, including New York City.

This is one scary guy..:eek:
http://www.federalreview.com/2006/06/ny-democrat-official-bullet-between.htm

insein said:
well he apologized then, so he didnt mean it. All is well. :rolleyes:

I bet the ole spin machine is smoking trying to bury this one..

What it really shows to me is that ALOT of people really hate this president more than any other president in history. The hatred towards Bush is widespread, he has no one to blame but himself for the terrible decisions he has made during his presidency.

T-Bor said:
What it really shows to me is that ALOT of people really hate this president more than any other president in history. The hatred towards Bush is widespread, he has no one to blame but himself for the terrible decisions he has made during his presidency.

It shows me how unhinged the kook left has become. They are the biggest bunch of spoiled brat losers I have ever seen
They cannot win elections so they have to lash out at the man who has beaten them in 3 national elections
The folks are seeing the Dems meltdown in front of their eyes. I for one love watching it.
There is nothing I enjoy more then seeing a lame liberal break out in mouth frothing hysteria and insert their foot in their mouth

:wtf: So, it's OK for Democrats to say such things -- which are against the law btw -- just as long as they apologize afterwards? And no Congressional hearings either?

Just let any Republican say something similar...they'd all be tarred and feathered in a nanosecond. Where is the Republican response to this outrage?

I remember how the liberal media played the story with a Republican called Clinton a scumbag. It was non stop for about 4 days
Dems were screaming for him resign from Congress
This clod breaks the law (is making a comment like that a felony?) and he gets a pass
Oh, the liberal media giving a liberal pass - nothing new

red states rule said:
I remember how the liberal media played the story with a Republican called Clinton a scumbag. It was non stop for about 4 days
Dems were screaming for him resign from Congress
This clod breaks the law (is making a comment like that a felony?) and he gets a pass
Oh, the liberal media giving a liberal pass - nothing new

What this whole situation really points out though is the ridiculous irrational hatred of Bush. It's one thing to disagree with his politics or his decisions, but comments like that prove they just hate Bush period. And two... the liberals are so duplicitous they demanded Trent Lott step down for making a passing comment about race to a hundred year old ex senator. But Hevesi keeps his job, and doesn't get charged with making threats against a president. Fu@kin amazing!!!

Bonnie said:
What this whole situation really points out though is the ridiculous irrational hatred of Bush. It's one thing to disagree with his politics or his decisions, but comments like that prove they just hate Bush period. And two... the liberals are so duplicitous they demanded Trent Lott step down for making a passing comment about race to a hundred year old ex senator. But Hevesi keeps his job, and doesn't get charged with making threats against a president. Fu@kin amazing!!!

Of course if the Secret Service arrested this pinhead, the libs would charge Police State type treatment of a poor innocent lib

T-Bor said:

Bull. Lincoln was hated far more than Bush. And just as many people hated Clinton. Conservatives just had a little more class than to wish him dead for not being their party's choice.

What YOU have shown me by trying to justify such BS is that you librulls don't care about right and wrong, just winning by whatever means is necessary. SUch drastic measures are unneceassry in a VERBAL war of ideals.

T-Bor said:

What it should really show you is how hypocritical the left is for accusing conservative radio of promoting hate speech when an idiot like this talks about Bush being shot between the eyes.

dilloduck said:
What it should really show you is how hypocritical the left is for accusing conservative radio of promoting hate speech when an idiot like this talks about Bush being shot between the eyes.

Hate speech to a liberal is someone actually telling the truth about what liberals say and do

ScreamingEagle said:
Just let any Republican say something similar...they'd all be tarred and feathered in a nanosecond.
I give the guy credit for stepping up before anyone called on him to apologize and admitting the "stupid" remarks.

But you're right, republicans are called on to resign before they even get the chance to apologize for comments that a far less severe than this.

BATMAN said:
I give the guy credit for stepping up before anyone called on him to apologize and admitting the "stupid" remarks.

But you're right, republicans are called on to resign before they even get the chance to apologize for comments that a far less severe than this.

What else could the creep do? Accuse Karl Rove of setting him up

It is nice to see how Dems REALLY feel about people they disagree with

GunnyL said:
Bull. Lincoln was hated far more than Bush. And just as many people hated Clinton. Conservatives just had a little more class than to wish him dead for not being their party's choice.

What YOU have shown me by trying to justify such BS is that you librulls don't care about right and wrong, just winning by whatever means is necessary. SUch drastic measures are unneceassry in a VERBAL war of ideals.

There is a huge difference between the nutjobs who hated the Clintons and the hatred that is shown towards George W. Bush. First, the Clinton haters were seen and portrayed as the nutjobs they were. They were always described as "fringe", or "right wing", or some other such description that put them in their proper perspective. We didn't see the kind of hatred from mainstream, respected, or should-be-respected, people that we see with President Bush. It's everywhere with him, and it's from all corners.

But forget the Clintons. Let's talk about the last election and the difference between how the media presented John Kerry and George W. Bush.

John Kerry had been in public office for twenty years or more. He had been a controversial figure since the early 1970's and his anti-war activities. There was copious amount of video all over the place that PROVED that John Kerry was a liar. Let me repeat that: When John Kerry ran for President of The United States he was KNOWN, PROVEN LIAR, and the evidence was available for anyone to see. I saw it. Now keep in mind, I'm not talking about the typical, harmless white lies all politicians are guilty of telling. I mean HUGE lies that went to the heart of his character.

He lied when he said all American service members commited war crimes in Vietnam. And they were proven to be lies. He lied when he said he threw his medals away. Another proven lie. He lied when he said he was in Cambodia in 1968. Something that he said was "seared" into his memory. He later admitted it wasn't true. He lied when he let the voters of Massachusetts think he was Irish. A lie of ommission is still a lie. An oversight? For twenty fucking years? Sure. The fact that he admitted to committing treason during the Vietnam war is debatable, so let's just go with what was known and proven: he is a liar.

So how did the media treat these two men? John Kerry, Democrat, and a known proven liar, George W. Bush, Republican and the sitting President of The United States Of America.

Anyone else remember the last election and how Kerry and Bush were treated by the mainstream media?

Let's see:

Bush: AWOL. Draft doger. Stupid. Evil. Cocaine addict. Alcoholic.

Kerry: War hero. Smart. Rich.

Most people don't even know that George W. Bush spent more time in the National Guard than John Kerry did in the Navy Reserves. That's right. George W. Bush spent more time in the military than John Kerry did. Kerry spent two years on a ship outside the coast of Vietnam, and then four months in Vietnam, when he managed to get five medals without needing more than a band aid. His three purple hearts entitled him to be shipped stateside, which he took advantage of at the first opportunity.

His three Purple Hearts entitled him to be reassigned back to the United States, but they did NOT get him out of the Navy. So how come he was travelling all around the world in 1971 with his long hair, making speeches for VVAW, when he still had at least a year to go on his contract with the Navy Reserves?

Beats the hell out me. I know that George W. Bush had a dentists appointment in Alabama on a Saturday, but I have no idea why John Kerry didn't get an honorable discharge from the Navy Reserves until 1978. You see, John Kerry wouldn't release all of his military records. He never has.

But Bush was AWOL, a drug addict, and a drunk. Yeah, nice balanced coverage.

nt250 said:
There is a huge difference between the nutjobs who hated the Clintons and the hatred that is shown towards George W. Bush. First, the Clinton haters were seen and portrayed as the nutjobs they were. They were always described as "fringe", or "right wing", or some other such description that put them in their proper perspective. We didn't see the kind of hatred from mainstream, respected, or should-be-respected, people that we see with President Bush. It's everywhere with him, and it's from all corners.

But forget the Clintons. Let's talk about the last election and the difference between how the media presented John Kerry and George W. Bush.

John Kerry had been in public office for twenty years or more. He had been a controversial figure since the early 1970's and his anti-war activities. There was copious amount of video all over the place that PROVED that John Kerry was a liar. Let me repeat that: When John Kerry ran for President of The United States he was KNOWN, PROVEN LIAR, and the evidence was available for anyone to see. I saw it. Now keep in mind, I'm not talking about the typical, harmless white lies all politicians are guilty of telling. I mean HUGE lies that went to the heart of his character.

He lied when he said all American service members commited war crimes in Vietnam. And they were proven to be lies. He lied when he said he threw his medals away. Another proven lie. He lied when he said he was in Cambodia in 1968. Something that he said was "seared" into his memory. He later admitted it wasn't true. He lied when he let the voters of Massachusetts think he was Irish. A lie of ommission is still a lie. An oversight? For twenty fucking years? Sure. The fact that he admitted to committing treason during the Vietnam war is debatable, so let's just go with what was known and proven: he is a liar.

So how did the media treat these two men? John Kerry, Democrat, and a known proven liar, George W. Bush, Republican and the sitting President of The United States Of America.

Anyone else remember the last election and how Kerry and Bush were treated by the mainstream media?

Let's see:

Bush: AWOL. Draft doger. Stupid. Evil. Cocaine addict. Alcoholic.

Kerry: War hero. Smart. Rich.

Most people don't even know that George W. Bush spent more time in the National Guard than John Kerry did in the Navy Reserves. That's right. George W. Bush spent more time in the military than John Kerry did. Kerry spent two years on a ship outside the coast of Vietnam, and then four months in Vietnam, when he managed to get five medals without needing more than a band aid. His three purple hearts entitled him to be shipped stateside, which he took advantage of at the first opportunity.

His three Purple Hearts entitled him to be reassigned back to the United States, but they did NOT get him out of the Navy. So how come he was travelling all around the world in 1971 with his long hair, making speeches for VVAW, when he still had at least a year to go on his contract with the Navy Reserves?

Beats the hell out me. I know that George W. Bush had a dentists appointment in Alabama on a Saturday, but I have no idea why John Kerry didn't get an honorable discharge from the Navy Reserves until 1978. You see, John Kerry wouldn't release all of his military records. He never has.

But Bush was AWOL, a drug addict, and a drunk. Yeah, nice balanced coverage.

BUSH: Winner. Reelected and gained House and Senate seats

KERRY: Loser and Band Aid Purple Heart Whiner. Sunk By Swift Boat Vets

Forum List

Back