Official 2010 Baseball Thread

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
Ok ladies, the best time of year is almost upon us. Get your gloves and bats and be safe out there!

Predictions:

AL East:
Yankees 100-62
Red Sox 95-67
Rays 88-74
Blue Jays 77-84
Orioles 70-92

AL Central:
Twins 84-79
Tigers 83-80
White Sox 75-87
Indians 68-94
Royals 65-97

AL West:
Mariners 88-74
Angels 87-75
Rangers 83-79
Athletics 77-85

Wild Card: Red Sox

National League

NL East:
Phillies 92-70
Marlins 86-76
Mets 85-77
Braves 83-79
Nationals 60-102

NL Central:
Cardinals 97-65
Reds 90-72
Cubs 82-80
Brewers 79-83
Astros 76-86
Pirates 69-93

NL West
Dodgers 94-68
Diamondbacks 91-71
Giants 88-74
Rockies 81-81
Padres 72-90

Wild Card: D-backs

ALDS: Yankees over Twins in 3
ALDS: Sox over Mariners in 4

NLDS: Phillies over Dodgers in 4
NLDS: Cardinals over D-backs in 4

ALCS: Yankees over Sox in 7

NLCS: Phillies over Cards in 6

World Series:
Yankees over Phillies in 6

I have a feeling about the Mariners taking the west this year...I am sure come july/august I will look back at this and say "WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING WITH SOME OF THESE PICKS"

Edit: my NL west was all fucked up...

Last edited:
If the Twins can play on grass at home, stay healthy in general and pitching in particular, and prove that they weren't merely beneficiaries of Domeball, they may well win 100 games.

Otherwise, they'll struggle to make .500 season out of it.

If the Twins can play on grass at home, stay healthy in general and pitching in particular, and prove that they weren't merely beneficiaries of Domeball, they may well win 100 games.

Otherwise, they'll struggle to make .500 season out of it.

Y'all need Baker and Slowey to step it up big time to reach that goal.

Is Liriano still all sixes and sevens?

Slowey was on track to win 20 before he got hurt. Baker is good enough to pull it off. Blackburn proved he's a very capable #3. Liriano better learn that he can't just blow people away anymore, or he'll go the way of Scott Erickson.

Mauer and Crede stay healthy, the defense stays as steady as usual, and the offense figures out what to do with runners on base and it could be a great year.

Slowey was on track to win 20 before he got hurt. Baker is good enough to pull it off. Blackburn proved he's a very capable #3. Liriano better learn that he can't just blow people away anymore, or he'll go the way of Scott Erickson.

Mauer and Crede stay healthy, the defense stays as steady as usual, and the offense figures out what to do with runners on base and it could be a great year.

Wins are an awful stat to judge a pitcher by. I know Slowey doesn't walk anybody but he's going to have to do better than a 1.4 WHIP and an ERA a kiss below 5 like he posted last before he is a legit #2 in this league.

Y'all will win a lot of games because of the division you are in but with that rotation I doubt there is a deep playoff run in the Twins' future.

Interested in Beckett + prospects for Morneau? We got a bunch of noodle bats in my stable.

I agree on Slowey, but I have a feeling he is going to have a good year this year...somewhere in the 3.7-4.10 era range.

The MnM brothers tho are such a sick combo tho...god i wish I had Mauer

(For now): Just who I think is going to win everything.

AL East:
Red Sox

AL Central:
Tigers

AL West:
Angels

Wild Card:
Yankees

NL East:
Philly

NL Central:
Cardinals

NL West:
Dodgers

Wild Card: Marlins

Red Sox over Angels in a rematch.
Yankees over Tigers.

Red Sox over the Yankees.

Then on the NL Side:

Dodgers over Philly
Marlins over the Cards.

Dodgers over the Marlins.

WS: Red Sox vs Dodgers, Red Sox win in 6.

Last edited:
man..you let the red sox get 2 rings and all of a sudden they are contenders every year!!!

:)

I miss the old red sox fan where failure was endured and expected!

lol

like I am with the Jets and Knicks and Rangers

(For now): Just who I think is going to win everything.

AL East:
Red Sox

AL Central:
Tigers

AL West:
Angels

Wild Card:
Yankees

NL East:
Philly

NL Central:
Cardinals

NL West:
Dodgers

Wild Card: Marlins

Red Sox over Angels in a rematch.
Yankees over Tigers.

Red Sox over the Yankees.

Then on the NL Side:

Dodgers over Philly
Marlins over the Cards.

Dodgers over the Marlins.

WS: Red Sox vs Dodgers, Red Sox win in 6.

I think the Angels are going to plummet this season ... expect Seattle to take the West.

And I know that we are Red Sox fans, Dogbert, but unless the Sox get the bat we all want and need in July or the Yankees get crushed with the injury bug I don't see how we take the division this season.

In the playoffs all bets are off because of our superior rotation.

I think the Angels are going to plummet this season ... expect Seattle to take the West.

And I know that we are Red Sox fans, Dogbert, but unless the Sox get the bat we all want and need in July or the Yankees get crushed with the injury bug I don't see how we take the division this season.

In the playoffs all bets are off because of our superior rotation.

I say that every year, and the Angels keep on winning. :lol:

I think it will be close if they lose, but I doubt they will lose the AL West barring some injuries.

And with the Red Sox, it's all about whether our pitchers and hitters stay healthy for the most part. If our guys don't get the injury bug, I think we take it.

And you are correct on the playoffs.

I supose I can make a preliminary guess at it:

AL East:
Yankees
AL Central:
Twins
AL West:
Angels
AL Wildcard:
Boston

NL East:
Phillies
NL Central:
Cardinls
NL West:
Giants
NL Wild card:
Colorado

Depending on injuries in the spring, this could change.

I don't like Seattle, every few years they do a make over and rarely does it work out, and the Angels still have 5 good starters

The twins are better then detroit, which got worse losing Granderson

The Yankees are still the class of baseball, adding a true CF and a real 4th Starter just makes them better

Boston has all that pitching, plus some sweet hitters, defense in Beantown could be suspect behind the plate and in the OF.

Phillies have Haladay, Nuff said.

Cards have two top starters and Pujols, more then enough to beat the Cubs.

I like the Giant's pitching to knock off LA this year.

Colorado can just flat out hit.

mariners have the best 1-2 combo in the league for pitching...they are going to be competitive

Angels ain't winning shit this year not with a rotation of:

Jered Weaver, Ervin Santana, Joe Saunders and Scott Kazmir...not particulary in that order per say but there isn't one solid # 1 starter...it's filled with mediocre #2 starters and #3's

Angels ain't winning shit this year not with a rotation of:

Jered Weaver, Ervin Santana, Joe Saunders and Scott Kazmir...not particulary in that order per say but there isn't one solid # 1 starter...it's filled with mediocre #2 starters and #3's

I'd take Kazmir.

Forum List

Back