Official 2009 World Series Thread

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I almost feel like I'm jinxing myself by being the one to make this thread..

Oh well..

LA just beat themselves, you guys certainly didn't EARN that win besides Mo Being Mo there at the end.

You will be momnumentally tougher than Tampa was, and you have that swag like we do.

Expect a lot of home runs, and a lot of scoring. I just hate that now you'll be rested going into it.

Sabathia vs. his former rotation-mate Cliff Lee. Could go any way. All I know is that we beat him up twice last year, and we can do it again.

I say Phils in 7, no way this is a gimme for either of us.

The Phils have better starting pitching.

They can match up with the Yankees offensively.

But I am concerned about their bullpen...especially Lidge.

I certainly want the Phillies to win as it is genetically impossible for me to say "I want the Ydkjaes to wrf"

May the Phillies finish the burning of the Bronx. :D

Seriously though, I do hope that Philly wins, I'll go ahead and say Philly in 6. It's going to be a tough series but Philly just has the advantage in pitching when it comes down to it.

Phillies can put up runs like the Yanks can...they def got the sticks

They don't got the arms imo tho.

Cliff Lee's numbers aren't impressive against the Yanks...5-5 +5 ERA and Hamels isn't pitching well at all.

Mo> lidge obviously

Should be a great series

I'm calling Yanks in 6 tho

Lidge has been his former self of late though when it counted most. Regular season didn't even happen at this point. Manual took his closer role from him and he earned it back and then some.

My only concerns are our BP. Hamels is SOOO due for a dominant perfomance, he's got like 3 bad ones in a row.

What's NY's rotation? CC, AJ, Pettitte?

I love Pedro vs. Pettitte. It's like the old days.

We've been hitting lefties WAY better too.

how good are your lefties at holding runners?

I think this game comes down to the tiny things like, Ruiz vs. Posada calling games. Ruiz is the man there. Better than Posada though? Who knows.

They were saying that Phillies might start Pedro game 2 since hes pitched in NY b4. I kinda agree with that if I was the Phillies.

Hamels has looked ugly man...his mechanics are off or something

He didn't even have a good year.

Lidge has been doing good...Lidge is still a top 7 closer regardless if he blows a save here and there.

He's not MO tho.

I agree tho...Pettite vs Pedro would be a blast to see

And Manuel will easily out manage Girardi. I think we have that edge too.

We've been hitting lefties WAY better too.

how good are your lefties at holding runners?

I think this game comes down to the tiny things like, Ruiz vs. Posada calling games. Ruiz is the man there. Better than Posada though? Who knows.

Well...Pettitte has the best pickoff move in Baseball...so that pretty much answers that :)

Angels stole the most bases in the baseball this season and they weren't able to do anything this series

They were saying that Phillies might start Pedro game 2 since hes pitched in NY b4. I kinda agree with that if I was the Phillies.

Lidge has been doing good...Lidge is still a top 7 closer regardless if he blows a save here and there.

He's not MO tho.

you just wanna hear "Who's your daddy?" from Yankee stadium crowd.

He's not MO tho.

If I'm Manual, I throw Pedro game 2 just to fire up Hamels. He was pissed about not being #1 in NLDS, and anything to light a fire under a guy's ass.

Manuel's got a knack for that, he does it perfectly.

He's not MO tho.

you just wanna hear "Who's your daddy?" from Yankee stadium crowd.

lmao

No way pedro pitches in the NY cold, against the team that is his daddy.

BTW, NY EARNED its win off the Angels, for those not paying attention Damon knocked in the go ahead runs which is all NY needed.

I like NY in 6, Yankees have the better starters and pen.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back