Official 2004 DNC convention program

Hey, I was only responding to the "collection of distorted perceptions" posted by Jim. C'mon, man, lighten up a little. It was all in good humor.

acludem

http://www.boston.com/news/politics...4/30/national_guard_leader_spreads_dnc_spoof/

National Guard leader spreads DNC spoof
By Lolita C. Baldor, Associated Press Writer | April 30, 2004

WASHINGTON -- Some Democrats aren't laughing at the satirical schedule for the Democratic National Convention, an Internet-driven joke spread in part by the leader of the Massachusetts National Guard. It opens with a flag-burning ceremony and moves on to the John Kerry "fake medal toss" and the "Free Saddam" pep rally. There are no fewer than four toasts by Sen. Ted Kennedy.

A state worker sent an e-mail containing the spoof to National Guard Adjutant Gen. George W. Keefe. Using his state e-mail account, Keefe sent the joke to 17 others, including more state workers. Keefe said Friday he regretted passing along the e-mail, and a spokeswoman for Gov. Mitt Romney said Keefe will not be reprimanded.

The e-mail lists a fake agenda for the Democratic National Convention in July in Boston. Kerry, a Massachusetts senator, is expected to accept the party's nomination for president. Kennedy, his Senate colleague, is likely to be one of its major speakers.

The schedule includes an "anti-war concert by Barbara Streisand" (misspelling her first name), "posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins" (the Oscar-winning actors and anti-war activists), tributes to France and Germany, and ceremonies for gay marriages featuring "threesomes, mixed, same sex, farm animals."

Massachusetts Democrats condemned Keefe, saying the e-mail calls into question whether he should continue to head the National Guard, which could have a role in convention security. State Democratic Chairman Phil Johnston called for Keefe to resign.

"Certainly there are more important issues that General Keefe should be concentrating on, other than using government computers to send silly and derogatory e-mails to state employees," party spokeswoman Jane Lane said.

In a statement issued Friday, Keefe said: "While I did not compose this e-mail, I did receive and subsequently forward it to several acquaintances. On reflection, I regret that action."

Originally posted by jimnyc
6:00pm - Opening flag burning ceremony.
6:30pm - Anti-war rally no. 1.
6:40pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
7:00pm - Tribute theme to France.
7:10pm - Collect offerings for al-Zawahri defense fund.
7:20pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast
7:25pm - Tribute theme to Spain.
7:45pm - Anti-war rally no. 2. (Moderated by Michael Moore)
8:00pm - John Kerry presents one side of the issues
8:25pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:30pm - Terrorist appeasement workshop.
9:00pm - Gay marriage ceremony.
9:30pm - * Intermission *
10:00pm - Flag burning ceremony no. 2.
10:15pm - Re-enactment of Kerry's fake medal toss.
10:30pm - Cameo by Dean 'Yeeearrrrrrrg!'
10:40pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
10:50pm - Pledge of allegiance to the UN.
11:00pm - Double gay marriage ceremony.
11:15pm - Maximizing Welfare workshop.
11:20pm - John Kerry presents the other side of the issues
11:30pm - 'Free Saddam' pep rally.
11:59pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
12:00am - Nomination of Democrat candidate

Yep, looks like a blast LOL. You forgot the tribute to UBL and Al-Sadr.

I'm going to post something like this one on another one of my politics discussion groups if you don't mind.

Lefty Wilbury said:
http://www.boston.com/news/politics...4/30/national_guard_leader_spreads_dnc_spoof/

National Guard leader spreads DNC spoof
By Lolita C. Baldor, Associated Press Writer | April 30, 2004

WASHINGTON -- Some Democrats aren't laughing at the satirical schedule for the Democratic National Convention, an Internet-driven joke spread in part by the leader of the Massachusetts National Guard. It opens with a flag-burning ceremony and moves on to the John Kerry "fake medal toss" and the "Free Saddam" pep rally. There are no fewer than four toasts by Sen. Ted Kennedy.

A state worker sent an e-mail containing the spoof to National Guard Adjutant Gen. George W. Keefe. Using his state e-mail account, Keefe sent the joke to 17 others, including more state workers. Keefe said Friday he regretted passing along the e-mail, and a spokeswoman for Gov. Mitt Romney said Keefe will not be reprimanded.

The e-mail lists a fake agenda for the Democratic National Convention in July in Boston. Kerry, a Massachusetts senator, is expected to accept the party's nomination for president. Kennedy, his Senate colleague, is likely to be one of its major speakers.

The schedule includes an "anti-war concert by Barbara Streisand" (misspelling her first name), "posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins" (the Oscar-winning actors and anti-war activists), tributes to France and Germany, and ceremonies for gay marriages featuring "threesomes, mixed, same sex, farm animals."

Massachusetts Democrats condemned Keefe, saying the e-mail calls into question whether he should continue to head the National Guard, which could have a role in convention security. State Democratic Chairman Phil Johnston called for Keefe to resign.

"Certainly there are more important issues that General Keefe should be concentrating on, other than using government computers to send silly and derogatory e-mails to state employees," party spokeswoman Jane Lane said.

In a statement issued Friday, Keefe said: "While I did not compose this e-mail, I did receive and subsequently forward it to several acquaintances. On reflection, I regret that action."

Looks like the libs hate this thing. Man does that speak volumes or what. It might be satire, but there's just too much of it that's real meat, and it hits the libs right between their dodging, don't air our dirty laundry, eyes.

Forum List

Back