Official 10% Unemployment Rate is Really Almost 22%

I work between fifty to sixty hours a week at two part time jobs and am not really actively looking for a full time job right now since I am trying to get some school stuff straight for this fall or next. More than likely I would fall into that 21.9 percent of people who are unemployed though really I should just be considered "underemployed." But im 23 and get by and atleast I can say I get by, unlike a couple people who I know and graduated with in the spring 09 who dont even have a part time work.

Just curious . . . . do you have health coverage with either p/t job? If not will you be able to afford what is likely to pass?

Fox tell me you don't HATE Obama so much that you believe these MADE UP #s from an OBVIOUSLY biased source.

Redstate is absolutely a biased source, but biased is not synonymous with dishonest, inaccurate, or distorted. Once I have come to a conclusion about something, I can have a bias in favor of that something and still be 100% correct. If I am shown to be wrong, then I might change my particular bias and lean in another direction.

I went to the source I posted because it had numbers that fit perfectly with the economist discussing this on television earlier today and I couldn't very well post something I heard on TV.

Good information is good information no matter who provides it, and I have seen nothing from any source, left or right, that disputes the numbers in that graph.

So you REALLY believe that MORE than 1 in 5 Americans are out of work. That is what you are saying and you are STICKING to that BELIEF!!??

Once the post 9/11 recovery was underway during the Bush administration, at least until the collapse in late 2008, I felt really fortunate to get one good application for a job opening. Almost all the qualified people seemed to have jobs that suited them just fine. Now, as I said, I get hundreds of applications for a job opening and some of those are people with great skills, great references, and great credentials.

Since nobody, not even the Democrats, were complaining about unemployment during the Bush boom, I had no reason to research those numbers. Nobody who wanted to work had to be unemployed for long and millions of Mexican citizens were streaming into the country and finding work too. Now I know a lot of people out of work who want work, who are qualified to work, and who haven't been able to find work for many many months now.

How do you put a happy face on that C.F.? In your own words, are you so in love with Obama that you are blind to policies that seem to be making things worse and not better?

CF, It was a year and a half after Reid and Pelosi took control of congress. You know congress the people that hold the purse strings?

Tell me what year did Congress have the most EAR MARKS in both number and total dollars? Hint it was BEFORE the Dems took it back. And Bush was ALWAYS MORE THAN HAPPY to sign ALL those EAR MARK loaded budgets. Wow BUSH the conservative.

Redstate is absolutely a biased source, but biased is not synonymous with dishonest, inaccurate, or distorted. Once I have come to a conclusion about something, I can have a bias in favor of that something and still be 100% correct. If I am shown to be wrong, then I might change my particular bias and lean in another direction.

I went to the source I posted because it had numbers that fit perfectly with the economist discussing this on television earlier today and I couldn't very well post something I heard on TV.

Good information is good information no matter who provides it, and I have seen nothing from any source, left or right, that disputes the numbers in that graph.

So you REALLY believe that MORE than 1 in 5 Americans are out of work. That is what you are saying and you are STICKING to that BELIEF!!??

Once the post 9/11 recovery was underway during the Bush administration, at least until the collapse in late 2008, I felt really fortunate to get one good application for a job opening. Almost all the qualified people seemed to have jobs that suited them just fine. Now, as I said, I get hundreds of applications for a job opening and some of those are people with great skills, great references, and great credentials.

Since nobody, not even the Democrats, were complaining about unemployment during the Bush boom, I had no reason to research those numbers. Nobody who wanted to work had to be unemployed for long and millions of Mexican citizens were streaming into the country and finding work too. Now I know a lot of people out of work who want work, who are qualified to work, and who haven't been able to find work for many many months now.

How do you put a happy face on that C.F.? In your own words, are you so in love with Obama that you are blind to policies that seem to be making things worse and not better?

But consp's story if from '08 how does THAT fit in with those #s? How about how Bush was HAPPY to take credit for all those home loans that should never have been made. He stood up and CROWED about how many Americans owned homes.

Wow July of '08 is that BEFORE or after Obama got elected?

WTF does that have to do with anything asshole? It's about unemployment.

Oh no it doesn't it has to do with THIS ADMIN and you KNOW IT! So you just told a story that has NOTHING to do with Obama. You just told a story of HOW BAD it really was under BUSH!!! 35% pay cut.......UNDER BUSH and Obama is trying to pick up the pieces of a HYPER-inflated housing market that Bush ALSO took credit for as giving more Americans the DREAM of home ownership.

So we have UNDER REPORTED unemployment under Bush AND Bush HAPPY to take credit for more home owners.

This recession is not to be blamed on Obama but on the the door that was opened when we opened trade with China. It's about our jobs leaving the country and nothing to replace them with. It's about greedy Wall street leaders that sought no more than humongous profits and fuck the trail of broken homes we leave behind. This behavior stems back 2-3 presidents ago and has continued even at this point.

Fox tell me you don't HATE Obama so much that you believe these MADE UP #s from an OBVIOUSLY biased source.

It's obvious that there is no unemployment, everyone who wants a job has one and people with doctorates selling Amway have made a well thought out career move.

Well Fox I am not searching for #s that fit PERFECTLY with my predetermined position. What kind of economy do you think Obama inherited from Bush. You and consp. BOTH admit that the #s SKYROCKETED in '08 so tell me what EXACTELY that has to do with Obama?

Bush and the Big 0 are both big government progressives that spend like a pimp with a week to live. Comparing one to the other like they are not the same thing is either disingenuous or just plain out of touch with reality.

WTF does that have to do with anything asshole? It's about unemployment.

Oh no it doesn't it has to do with THIS ADMIN and you KNOW IT! So you just told a story that has NOTHING to do with Obama. You just told a story of HOW BAD it really was under BUSH!!! 35% pay cut.......UNDER BUSH and Obama is trying to pick up the pieces of a HYPER-inflated housing market that Bush ALSO took credit for as giving more Americans the DREAM of home ownership.

So we have UNDER REPORTED unemployment under Bush AND Bush HAPPY to take credit for more home owners.

This recession is not to be blamed on Obama but on the the door that was opened when we opened trade with China. It's about our jobs leaving the country and nothing to replace them with. It's about greedy Wall street leaders that sought no more than humongous profits and fuck the trail of broken homes we leave behind. This behavior stems back 2-3 presidents ago and has continued even at this point.

100% AGREED!!! I am so freaking sick of "FREE TRADE" I want FAIR TRADE and I DO hold Clinton partly responsible for it. The thing is Reagan started "trickle down" economics and has been PRAISED NON STOP by conservatives since DESPITE the FACT that jobs have been EVAPORATING ever since. If we are going to give any tax breaks to business they have to be tied DIRECTLY to making jobs HERE NOT over seas.

It's obvious that there is no unemployment, everyone who wants a job has one and people with doctorates selling Amway have made a well thought out career move.

OK that is flat out funny right there. Sad but pretty darn funny.

Well Fox I am not searching for #s that fit PERFECTLY with my predetermined position. What kind of economy do you think Obama inherited from Bush. You and consp. BOTH admit that the #s SKYROCKETED in '08 so tell me what EXACTELY that has to do with Obama?

Bush and the Big 0 are both big government progressives that spend like a pimp with a week to live. Comparing one to the other like they are not the same thing is either disingenuous or just plain out of touch with reality.

You can throw REAGAN in there too he TRIPLED the national debt during his 8 years giving tax breaks to the WEALTHIEST Americans while GOOD JOBS went over seas.

CF, It was a year and a half after Reid and Pelosi took control of congress. You know congress the people that hold the purse strings?

Tell me what year did Congress have the most EAR MARKS in both number and total dollars? Hint it was BEFORE the Dems took it back. And Bush was ALWAYS MORE THAN HAPPY to sign ALL those EAR MARK loaded budgets. Wow BUSH the conservative.

Hey, Obama didn't only win the job because of his light skin and non-Negro dialect. Bush played a role as well because of his fuckups.

The trouble is that not much Obama is doing is fixing the situation, and he's still feeding the same greedy pricks his supporters demonize Bush for.

Fox isn't it AMAZING that you found #s that PERFECTLY fit? Tell me how many sites did you search before you found #s that PERFECTLY fit?

Just one dear. I was looking for something to back up information that I heard and couldn't post. The source I used is definitely a conservative site, but so far not one given to skewing or pushing false information. If you have a problem with the numbers, please find your own source and post them.

Now as to your other comments:

The economy Obama inherited. It was in the dumpster as was the economy Bush had to deal with in the aftermath of 9/11. Bush, however, did the appropriate things to help us right ourselves and get back into a prosperous cycle. Obama has not done the appropriate things that would help us right ourselves and get back into a prosperous cycle. That part is something entirely different from events, policy, action, or inaction that put the economy into the dumpster.

Earmarks Non sequitur and red herring - irrelevent to the employment rates and what helps jump start an economy.

And if you want to talk about deficits, corporate welfare, Halliburton, Iraq, etc.etc. etc., let's start or go to threads appropriate for that subject. All have nothing to do with policy and initiatives that help an economy in recession begin to recover and help people get back to work. And they have nothing whatsoever to do with 'cooked books' or dishonest numbers used to hoodwink the people into accepting whatever they want to do to us.

Finally, if you want to talk about whose is blackest in this discussion, please do that somewhere else. Whatever sins President Bush or any other President did or did not commit as President has absolutely nothing to do with whether President Obama is making good decisions or bad decisions now.

Last edited:
Fox isn't it AMAZING that you found #s that PERFECTLY fit? Tell me how many sites did you search before you found #s that PERFECTLY fit?

Just one dear. I was looking for something to back up information that I heard and couldn't post. The source I used is definitely a conservative site, but so far not one given to skewing or pushing false information. If you have a problem with the numbers, please find your own source and post them.

The economy Obama inherited. It was in the dumpster as was the economy Bush had to deal with in the aftermath of 9/11. Bush, however, did the appropriate things to help us right ourselves and get back into a prosperous cycle. Obama has not done the appropriate things that would help us right ourselves and get back into a prosperous cycle. That part is something entirely different from events, policy, action, or inaction that put the economy into the dumpster.

Earmarks Non sequitur and red herring - irrelevent to the employment rates and what helps jump start an economy.

And if you want to talk about deficits, corporate welfare, Halliburton, Iraq, etc.etc. etc., let's start or go to threads appropriate for that subject. All have nothing to do with policy and initiatives that help an economy in recession begin to recover and help people get back to work. And they have nothing whatsoever to do with 'cooked books' or dishonest numbers used to hoodwink the people into accepting whatever they want to do to us.

Finally, if you want to talk about whose is blackest in this discussion, please do that somewhere else. Whatever sins President Bush or any other President did or did not commit as President has absolutely nothing to do with whether President Obama is making good decisions or bad decisions now.

Let me guess MORE tax breaks for the ULTRA WEALTHY so they can build MORE factories in CHINA?

Let me guess MORE tax breaks for the ULTRA WEALTHY so they can build MORE factories in CHINA?

Maybe if there were a few more tax breaks that made it more profitable to do business in the USA than in China, that problem would correct itself too?

Maybe if there were a few more tax breaks that made it more profitable to do business in the USA than in China, that problem would correct itself too?

Yeah I'm SURE if we just gave them MORE tax breaks it would make up for paying Chinese children .05 an hour. If we could JUST GIVE MORE TAX BREAKS!

I kind of find it hard to stomache that we have to PAY OFF AMERICANS to employ fellow AMERICANS!!!!

Dismissing the additional non sequitur in your previous post, here we agree 100%. It is WRONG to depend on government contracts to put people to work because Americans have to pay for those and it just takes the money out of other pockets and eliminates other jobs. It is WRONG to dole out tax payer money to special interests or as payoffs to cronies or to solicit favor and call that economic stimulus.

However if you create a business climate in which business owners, investors, and entreprenours have a fighting chance to receive a return on their money, they will take reasonable risk, they will hire people, they will invest and purchase and generate products and services again. And when they do that, the economy will right itself. It always has and there is no reason to believe that it will not again.

It will require government admitting that government cannot do it, and government relinquishing its hold on the resources that will allow the private sector to get it done. Smart tax policy--reduction of taxes that hinder economic growth--is one of the proven ways for that to happen.

The 22% number comes from Shadow Government Statistics, which is not a politically biased source.

There are many economists who have a problem with SGS, as do I, but being politically biased is not one of them.

The 22% number comes from Shadow Government Statistics, which is not a politically biased source.

no such thing

Forum List

Back