Office Xp

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
My office just upgraded the network to XP. All of our apps now suck.

here is my problem. I am trying to do a Word merge doc using data fom excel. I am trying to grab the number like "0.420". When I merge this into Word, I get a huge decimal like "0.41999999888889888". Even if I format the excel cell as "general" with 0.000 formatting I still get this bizarre number.

HELP!

Are you merging data from a different version of office ?

Looks like a rounding issue. I will look into it for you, but we do not use office xp.

Just for the record, office XP has quite a few bugs in it, this is why I won't let my tech dept upgrade any of our clients or our offices.

eric said:
Are you merging data from a different version of office ?

Looks like a rounding issue. I will look into it for you, but we do not use office xp.

Just for the record, office XP has quite a few bugs in it, this is why I won't let my tech dept upgrade any of our clients or our offices.
No, the whole office suite was upgraded. Rounding is my suspicion also.

I have tried the merge two different ways. One by using the merge tool bar and the other using the merge wizzard. Same results either way.

I know the same problems have occurred with dates.

Being honest I am not an expert on office anyway, my specialites are in software and OS engineering, as well as, hardware and OS tech support, networking and security.

What I will do though is to speak with the people on my tech staff that support office, and try and get you an answer or a workaround.

Forum List

Back