Office etiquette - Working with Muslims

i am so sick of the myth of ramadan....first all you do ...is sleep all day and party all night...its not like you cant eat at all....you just cant eat during the day...

i am so sick of the myth of ramadan....first all you do ...is sleep all day and party all night...its not like you cant eat at all....you just cant eat during the day...

I was in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan. The hotel resturant was closed during the day but they would bring you room service if you asked for it.

YouTube - ‪Salam Cafe - Working With A Muslim‬

I found that video informative. I didn't know about the no touching.

I was taught it was poor manners to extend a handshake to a women unless they extended their hand first.

Last edited:
Cornholio6.jpg

So we should learn special procedures to appease Muslims in our own Country at our work place? Tell me Sunniman did you advocate that Muslims learn special procedures to deal with any other religion in the work place?

So we should let them pray in the streets blocking traffic, we should treat them special at work, we should let their women hide behind a mask to take drivers license pictures or when pulled over by cops, we should look the other way when they murder family members for embarrassing them, we should accept that as taxi drivers they won't carry you if you have alcohol, we should give them an extra month off for holidays, we should set up special prayer rooms in schools for them.

What else would you like?

if i am having a blt at lunch are you gonna be all pissy about it....personally seeing you are a texan ...the shunning of the pork is more shocking than the religion..well i guess the religion is the reason for shunning the pork....me...i am all about the pig....why the hell cant you people eat pigs?

no bacon...no pork tenderloin...no chops....no pulled pork...what do you do at a pig picking? lol

So we should learn special procedures to appease Muslims in our own Country at our work place? Tell me Sunniman did you advocate that Muslims learn special procedures to deal with any other religion in the work place?

So we should let them pray in the streets blocking traffic, we should treat them special at work, we should let their women hide behind a mask to take drivers license pictures or when pulled over by cops, we should look the other way when they murder family members for embarrassing them, we should accept that as taxi drivers they won't carry you if you have alcohol, we should give them an extra month off for holidays, we should set up special prayer rooms in schools for them.

you to get a sense of humor?

you to get a sense of humor?

Sunni did not post this for Humor. He is deadly serious. I am way past caring what a murderous religion wants for special treatment when they volunteer to live in another Country.

Islam is not willing to deal with other religions in any manner other then as 3rd class citizens and they demand special treatment for themselves. Islam can fuck off.

it is in the humor section.....how the hell can you be so damned paranoid as to think he is trying to indoctrinate people by using a you tube video?

really?

you both were taught proper etiquette

Only proper in social settings I think. In a business setting if you shake guys hands you have to shake the girls' hands as well.

Unless we want to bring back the polite nod and curtsey as a form of greeting or go over to the bow, we are stuck with handshakes. In a business environment you have to treat all parites the same.

marty has a point:

How to Shake Hands With a Woman at Work | eHow.com

i am a handshaker...i find men are shy about shaking hands with a woman

I've had it easy as I had a female boss early in my career, and plenty of female co-workers both more and less senior than I am.

While men can be shy, Women who are uncomfortable with the handshake thing tend to give off body language that makes some men even more hesitant to shake hands. Fortunately for the noble goal of equality, I lack the ability to read that and usually bore in and shake hands with the whole party.

The key to handshaking with a woman (or anyone) is to be able to adjust the firmness to respond to how hard a handshake you get (i.e. firm but not deathly for women/normal men, but able to get into the "crushfight" if the idiot on the other end decides to macho it up)

if i am having a blt at lunch are you gonna be all pissy about it....personally seeing you are a texan ...the shunning of the pork is more shocking than the religion..well i guess the religion is the reason for shunning the pork....me...i am all about the pig....why the hell cant you people eat pigs?

no bacon...no pork tenderloin...no chops....no pulled pork...what do you do at a pig picking? lol

In Texas were all about beef.

So the no pork thing was no problem for me. :eusa_angel:

marty has a point:

Even in a business setting I try to avoid shaking hands with women.

I will usually will position myself so that I am off to the side are in the back of a group.

Or have a book or something else in my hand and just give the woman a nod as a greeting.

But if I'm put in a position where those techniques won't work. I will shake her hand rather than cause an awkward situation.

Then later in private tell her that I am a Muslim and would prefer not to shake hands.

marty has a point:

Even in a business setting I try to avoid shaking hands with women.

I will usually will position myself so that I am off to the side are in the back of a group.

Or have a book or something else in my hand and just give the woman a nod as a greeting.

But if I'm put in a position where those techniques won't work. I will shake her hand rather than cause an awkward situation.

Then later in private tell her that I am a Muslim and would prefer not to shake hands.

ooooooooo so when a woman extends her hand ....you nod..what a bunch of bull...
i hate when men do that....and if you have a book in your hand you can shift it to another hand.....and if you told me in private you were a muslim and preferred not to shake hands....i would rub my ta tas on ya....ever chance i got...

yes we can do that on purpose by accident lol

Forum List

Back