Offer Rejected to Move Mosque Away From Ground Zero to 'State Property'

I've lived a long time now, and I can't think of a single instance, or conceive a scenario where Christians would build a church where it would be offensive to many others or where the surrounding neighbors objected to it being there. And I certainly can't imagine a Church being built as a symbol of triumph on ground still saturated with the blood of the dead that are dead in the name of Christ.

Truth hurts, doesn't it Willow? You probably won't be happy until every single Mosque in this country is burned to the ground and every Muslim is either converted or killed most likely.

Fuck you MORON You won't be happy til every single Christian church is burned the ground. you and your ilk

uhm.. question... uhm.. WHO THE FUCK IS TALKING ABOUT BURNING DOWN CHRISTIAN CHURCHES DINGBAT?

WillowTree is.

Truth hurts, doesn't it Willow? You probably won't be happy until every single Mosque in this country is burned to the ground and every Muslim is either converted or killed most likely.

Fuck you MORON You won't be happy til every single Christian church is burned the ground. you and your ilk

uhm.. question... uhm.. WHO THE FUCK IS TALKING ABOUT BURNING DOWN CHRISTIAN CHURCHES DINGBAT?

modbert said willow wants all the mosques burned and the muslims converted or killed.

I've lived a long time now, and I can't think of a single instance, or conceive a scenario where Christians would build a church where it would be offensive to many others or where the surrounding neighbors objected to it being there. And I certainly can't imagine a Church being built as a symbol of triumph on ground still saturated with the blood of the dead that are dead in the name of Christ.

You kidding? They build a big box mega church here in San Marcos near housing where the neighbors complained about noise, lights, and traffic. It went up anyways.

Same with a big box Mormon church in Escondido....loud, traffic, lights....went up anyways.

You kidding? They build a big box mega church here in San Marcos near housing where the neighbors complained about noise, lights, and traffic. It went up anyways.

Same with a big box Mormon church in Escondido....loud, traffic, lights....went up anyways.

Eh, they object to Wal-Marts for the same reason. It has nothing to do with being offended because it's a religious structure.

External concept of the mosque – 13 stories tall:
wtcmosque.jpg

Here is one map I found but doesn’t provide a lot of detail.

It is instructive that the Imam expects to open his mosque on 9/11/11, the tenth anniversary of 9/11. But oh yeah, the mosque is to illustrate solidarity, peace, acceptance, and tolerance. Sure it is. Uh huh.

article-1301846-0AC03417000005DC-107_634x344.jpg

And to Modbert, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the Constitution or the concepts of the Constitution. Nobody is saying that it should be illegal to build the mosque or that the mosque should not be built. But this is no different than people operating within any social contract that don't want an adult bookstore or strip club next to a school, or objecting to a Walmart Supercenter in a peaceful neighborhood of small shop keepers, or placing a Confederate War Memorial complete with confederate flags where they will fly next to a cemetary at a black church.

It has nothing to do with legality. It has everything to do with propriety and our common sense of decency and respect.

the adult bookstore/strip club should be allowed to build wherever they like. Same with the confederate war memorial with their confederate flags next to a black cemetery or church. or the Neo Nazis next to a synagogue.

...or, the renaming of a highway sponsored by the KKK to Rosa Parks Highway?

you DO realize that the confederate flag isn't illegal, right? that many southerners do still wave it every time they need another busch light at the racetrack?

You know, the comparison of black churches and confederate memorials sitting side by side is a good start for comparison, but it really doesn't do it justice..........ya gotta think bigger.........like WWII and Pearl Harbor big...........

Consider this......the Zero pilots who committed suicide via banzai attacks were all Bushido/Samurai belief people.

Now.......do you REALLY think that the US would have allowed a Shinto shrine dedicated to Japanese pilots who attacked us to go up within 2 blocks of the USS Arizona memorial?

I don't.

This is kinda the same thing.

External concept of the mosque – 13 stories tall:
wtcmosque.jpg

Here is one map I found but doesn’t provide a lot of detail.

It is instructive that the Imam expects to open his mosque on 9/11/11, the tenth anniversary of 9/11. But oh yeah, the mosque is to illustrate solidarity, peace, acceptance, and tolerance. Sure it is. Uh huh.

article-1301846-0AC03417000005DC-107_634x344.jpg

And to Modbert, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the Constitution or the concepts of the Constitution. Nobody is saying that it should be illegal to build the mosque or that the mosque should not be built. But this is no different than people operating within any social contract that don't want an adult bookstore or strip club next to a school, or objecting to a Walmart Supercenter in a peaceful neighborhood of small shop keepers, or placing a Confederate War Memorial complete with confederate flags where they will fly next to a cemetary at a black church.

It has nothing to do with legality. It has everything to do with propriety and our common sense of decency and respect.

the adult bookstore/strip club should be allowed to build wherever they like. Same with the confederate war memorial with their confederate flags next to a black cemetery or church. or the Neo Nazis next to a synagogue.

...or, the renaming of a highway sponsored by the KKK to Rosa Parks Highway?

you DO realize that the confederate flag isn't illegal, right? that many southerners do still wave it every time they need another busch light at the racetrack?

lol. Yeah I do realize it. and they should be allowed to fly that piece of shit whenever and wherever they like.
speaking of, is it still illegal for the klan to wear the masks in public?

You know, the comparison of black churches and confederate memorials sitting side by side is a good start for comparison, but it really doesn't do it justice..........ya gotta think bigger.........like WWII and Pearl Harbor big...........

Consider this......the Zero pilots who committed suicide via banzai attacks were all Bushido/Samurai belief people.

Now.......do you REALLY think that the US would have allowed a Shinto shrine dedicated to Japanese pilots who attacked us to go up within 2 blocks of the USS Arizona memorial?

I don't.

how would they legally prohibit the shinto shrine?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Foxfyre... BECAUSE THAT JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO SINK INTO THEIR THICK SKULLS.

Ok, so it's not ON the site.
You may be right about decency and respect. But in America, it's not the law that we have decency and respect. And what do you suggest they do to stop the building of the mosque, if not through legal means?

No it isn't right on the site, but it is on the site of a building that was damaged in 9/11 and had to be torn down which is why the lot is available. And it will be tall enough to be entirely visible from Ground Zero, and the broadcast calls to prayer will be heard at the designated intervals through the day for up to a mile in all directons.

No I don't think we can stop the building of the mosque through legal means so long as they are up to code and meet all zoning restrictions.

The best we can do is stop it with public opinion. That may or may not work, but everybody here, whether they are honest enough to admit it or not, know they would support public opinion pressure being put to bear against a Christian group of which they disapproved or any other group that presumed to celebrate an atrocity.

Just look at how EVERYBODY, left and right, have vehemently objected to the Westboro Baptist Church's activities even though what they were doing was perfectly legal. Legal does not necessarily make it right or acceptable.

Last edited:
Ok, so it's not ON the site.
You may be right about decency and respect. But in America, it's not the law that we have decency and respect. And what do you suggest they do to stop the building of the mosque, if not through legal means?

No it isn't right on the site, but it is on the site of a building that was damaged in 9/11 and had to be torn down which is why the lot is available.

No I don't think we can stop the building of the mosque through legal means so long as they are up to code and meet all zoning restrictions.

The best we can do is stop it with public opinion. That may or may not work, but everybody here, whether they are honest enough to admit it or not, know they would support public opinion pressure being put to bear against a Christian group of which they disapproved or any other group that presumed to celebrate an atrocity.

Just look at how EVERYBODY, left and right, have vehemently objected to the Westboro Baptist Church's activities even though what they were doing was perfectly legal. Legal does not necessarily make it right or acceptable.

Why not keep mosques off the entire island of manhattan, then? Why is the presence of mosques on the island where the attacks took place not just as disgraceful?

I don't.

Dunno, but as a 20 year Navy man, I can tell you that I (as well as most of the Navy) would probably be less than amused.

If the Muslims wanna build their mosque, they should understand that that is an affront to our national pride.

If they want one, it should be at least 1 mile away from ground zero.

If it does get built, I hope they open a gay strip club on one side and a BBQ pork restaurant on the other. Then we'll see how fucking TOLERANT the muslims are.

This is all such horse shit anyway. The reason is painfully obvious why the muslims, and this radical imam especially, wants to build this mosque at ground zero. It's a victory shrine to those who died in the name of allah killing the infidels, period, end of story, and any American that thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

Last edited:
I don't think the government can give a religious group land? They might be able to sell it though, but obviously that is not what the group wants to do.

Officially I think you're right unless they make such land available free to all religious groups wanting to build. I would certainly have a problem with that even if it was a building project within my own faith.

But I don't want this Imam to win on this one either.

So I'm hoping massive public opinion will do the trick because it is the only legal weapon we have.

I don't.

Dunno, but as a 20 year Navy man, I can tell you that I (as well as most of the Navy) would probably be less than amused.

If the Muslims wanna build their mosque, they should understand that that is an affront to our national pride.

If they want one, it should be at least 1 mile away from ground zero.

Oh, I wouldn't be amused by the shinto shrine, either. my grandfather was in the Pacific during world war II. What do the people who are building this mosque believe in? are they idealogically in line with al qaeda?

If it does get built, I hope they open a gay strip club on one side and a BBQ pork restaurant on the other. Then we'll see how fucking TOLERANT the muslims are.

This is all such horse shit anyway. The reason is painfully obvious why the muslims, and this radical imam especially, wants to build this mosque at ground zero. It's a victory shrine to those who died in the name of allah killing the infidels, period, end of story, and any American that thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

I know what Judge Judy would say to them...

These muslims, and this radical imam, or NOT being HONEST. This is not about peace and making nice with the victims of 9/11. When this outrage first started, if this imam had any brains at all he'd see that he was HURTING muslim - victim relations and MOVE THE MOSQUE ELSE WHERE! But NO! Even though there's massive opposition and outrage against WHERE this imam wants to build a mosque, he's going to do it ANYWAY. So that tells me he doesn't give a MOTHER FUCKING RATS ASS about how the 9/11 victims feel, or relations with islam. FUCK ALL THAT! He wants that fucking mosque practically ON TOP of ground zero come hell or high water! WHY?

I think we all know why.

These muslims, and this radical imam, or NOT being HONEST. This is not about peace and making nice with the victims of 9/11. When this outrage first started, if this imam had any brains at all he'd see that he was HURTING muslim - victim relations and MOVE THE MOSQUE ELSE WHERE! But NO! Even though there's massive opposition and outrage against WHERE this imam wants to build a mosque, he's going to do it ANYWAY. So that tells me he doesn't give a MOTHER FUCKING RATS ASS about how the 9/11 victims feel, or relations with islam. FUCK ALL THAT! He wants that fucking mosque practically ON TOP of ground zero come hell or high water! WHY?

I think we all know why.

can you tell me what this imam's views are?

Forum List

Back