Offer Rejected to Move Mosque Away From Ground Zero to 'State Property'

What "authority" works in this case? Bloomberg or Patterson or Public Opinion?

The LAW trumps your silly fucking guilt trip, fool.

enjoy knowing that as the building is built

Guilt Trip? Yeah right, tell the Union Contractors when they don't move a muscle on this project that, you'll find out what a free mud hole stomping is, hell I'll pay to see that, let me know when you grow the balls for this.......:lol::lol::lol:
in this economy??
i think you'll find quite a few that would welcome the work

I don't know if she's right or wrong. But this appeal to "authority" argument doesn't work.

Public opinion isn't going to stop the building from being built. The fuckhead who is building it has rights the public can't take away from him.

He will need a lot of luck getting the unions to cooperate on this......

We do agree he is a fuck head.....

The LAW trumps your silly fucking guilt trip, fool.

enjoy knowing that as the building is built

Guilt Trip? Yeah right, tell the Union Contractors when they don't move a muscle on this project that, you'll find out what a free mud hole stomping is, hell I'll pay to see that, let me know when you grow the balls for this.......:lol::lol::lol:
in this economy??

We will see......

Public opinion isn't going to stop the building from being built. The fuckhead who is building it has rights the public can't take away from him.

I agree with Divey...there'll be no problem getting companies and unions to build this...they need the work...and most if not all of them are not crazy anti-religious xenophobes.

in this economy??

We will see......
what will be more of a problem is, they only own HALF the property they are currently planing to build on
they will either have to change there plans for a smaller building, or they will have to work out a deal to BUY the part they dont own

I agree with Divey...there'll be no problem getting companies and unions to build this...they need the work...and most if not all of them are not crazy anti-religious xenophobes.

Lets see what happens, granted the money will be hard for them to decline, I just do not believe they will build it......

in this economy??

We will see......
what will be more of a problem is, they only own HALF the property they are currently planing to build on
they will either have to change there plans for a smaller building, or they will have to work out a deal to BUY the part they dont own

I didn't know that, interesting, do you have a link?? Who owns the other half??

We will see......

ConEd
and its in at least one of the threads on this

ConEd

Very interesting, they have to go through a five member state committee to purchase headed by Gov. Patterson.....

El-Gamal believes he can build on this site because he owns a lease in the purchase of the half they do own, this sounds like it could be tied up in court for years......

ConEd

Very interesting, they have to go through a five member state committee to purchase headed by Gov. Patterson.....

El-Gamal believes he can build on this site because he owns a lease in the purchase of the half they do own, this sounds like it could be tied up in court for years......
exactly
and i believe Gov Patterson is on the side of it being too close to the WTC for comfort

they better just be careful how they go about it

$TacgJ.jpg

You know.....if they gotta let the fuckers build the damn thing, then just one thing should be done.......

Bug and wire the fuck outta the place, and the first time jihad is discussed there, use that information to bust the perps, then afterwards, give the population sledgehammers and let them tear the fucking thing down.

Either that, or build 1 mile or more AWAY from Ground Zero.

Where are all the proponents of religious freedom?
being called either racist anti-gay or liberal progressives
:eusa_whistle:

I haven't seen a soul denounce any religion here or suggest that any religion should be denied a place to exist.

Everybody here opposed to the Cordoba House does so on the grounds that it shows bad manners, insensitivity, and possible ulterior motives. Even the name of the place is suspect.

In the 8th Century, Islam invaded Spain and established a caliphate with Cordoba as is seat in what is now modern Spain. It was considered one of the inevitable steps in the goals of Islam to control the world. The great mosque at Cordoba was built on the foundation of a destroyed Christian cathedral. When the Muslims were eventually beaten back 500 years later, that mosque was destroyed. But it remains in Islamic history.

Is it pure coincidence that this mosque/community center will be dubbed Cordoba House?
It isn't bad manners, insensitivity or ulterior motives. It does show anti-muslim sentiment in this thread is extremely negative.

All the more reason for peaceful Muslims to succeed over this prejudice. May prejudice and bias never succeed. This Imam is a Sufi peacemaker.

9/11 all Americans were attacked, including Muslim Americans.

Cordoba House, a community center ought to be supported by all who value religious freedom in America. This is private property and this community center has a right to exist exactly where it is.

Last edited:
Ok, so it's not ON the site.
You may be right about decency and respect. But in America, it's not the law that we have decency and respect. And what do you suggest they do to stop the building of the mosque, if not through legal means?

No it isn't right on the site, but it is on the site of a building that was damaged in 9/11 and had to be torn down which is why the lot is available. And it will be tall enough to be entirely visible from Ground Zero, and the broadcast calls to prayer will be heard at the designated intervals through the day for up to a mile in all directons.
This is apparently untrue. There are taller buildings between 45 Park Place and Ground Zero...it will not be visible. Also, there has been a mosque in the area for forty years.

Pensito Review There Has Been a Mosque Near Ground Zero Since 1970 – Same Year the World Trade Center Opened

Do you support religious freedom or not? If you support religious freedom then you support the Cordoba House.

Forum List

Back