Offensive TV ads

I know I wasn't going to post any more, but I just can't resist. You know that no matter how "high" up you go, there's always somebody just a little "higher" up than you. And there are always going to be those people who look "down" on others, no matter what! So you people who think you're "better" than others - remember someone out there is thinking they're better than YOU! Personally, I've been at both ends of the spectrum as far as work. I've worked for others, but I've also been my own boss and have hired others. I've had low pay, and I've had high pay. At either end of the spectrum, I've never looked down on anyone for the type of work they do or the money they earn. I am hoping that we can work towards a more civilized and kinder society than we currently have. Some of you might see that as unrealistic, but I disagree. We always have a choice as to how we treat each other. We can choose to treat others with human dignity and respect and we can teach our children to do the same. We decide what course in society we want to take and what kind of society we want to have.

Everybody - I made a slight error. (Hey, I never said I was perfect). The organization that put this ad out is NACME, (not NCME as I previously wrote). If you are as offended by this ad (or others they've produced), just type in NACME in your keyword search, then let this organization know, as I have, why you find their ad(s) offensive.

Originally posted by LoudBeagle
I know I wasn't going to post any more, but I just can't resist. You know that no matter how "high" up you go, there's always somebody just a little "higher" up than you. And there are always going to be those people who look "down" on others, no matter what! So you people who think you're "better" than others - remember someone out there is thinking they're better than YOU! Personally, I've been at both ends of the spectrum as far as work. I've worked for others, but I've also been my own boss and have hired others. I've had low pay, and I've had high pay. At either end of the spectrum, I've never looked down on anyone for the type of work they do or the money they earn. I am hoping that we can work towards a more civilized and kinder society than we currently have. Some of you might see that as unrealistic, but I disagree. We always have a choice as to how we treat each other. We can choose to treat others with human dignity and respect and we can teach our children to do the same. We decide what course in society we want to take and what kind of society we want to have.

Yes but the reality is that people will judge you based on the work you do. Right or Wrong. The video is honest. Suppressing the expression of a reality you don't condone does nothing to help change that reality. I personally have found that accepting reality is a big load off my shoulders. People may judge me based on what I do. That's their loss.

You continue to ignore the reality of what people in this thread have tried to get across to you, so it's really no use trying to explain it to you anymore. Also, nothing would ever change in society if people just sat back and accepted things. While NACME is certainly free to produce (almost) any sort of ad they want to, I don't accept that they have to produce an ad like this to get their message across. Surely than can be more sensitive and creative than this.

You continue to ignore the reality of what people in this thread have tried to get across to you, so it's really no use trying to explain it to you anymore. Also, nothing would ever change in society if people just sat back and accepted things. While NACME is certainly free to produce (almost) any sort of ad they want to, I don't accept that they have to produce an ad like this to get their message across. Surely than can be more sensitive and creative than this.

Wishing people didn't judge others doesn't change things. And preparing people for a world where people do judge and mistreat subordinate workers may actually be helpful. But I understand that to you the imperatives of your dogmatic leftist censorship are more important than helping people prepare for a brighter future.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Wishing people didn't judge others doesn't change things. And preparing people for a world where people do judge and mistreat subordinate workers may actually be helpful. But I understand that to you the imperatives of your dogmatic leftist censorship are more important than helping people prepare for a brighter future.

would you care to explain how it makes the future brighter by telling people its ok to judge someone based on their occupation or to mistreat subordinates?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
would you care to explain how it makes the future brighter by telling people its ok to judge someone based on their occupation or to mistreat subordinates?
I agree...and I'm probably one of the most conservative members of this board. I have no leftist agenda.

I just can't see how anyone can justify using such derrogatory means when the ultimate agenda is to educate people. The only thing this commercial actually teaches its audience is that it's okay to judge people who have a different career in the narrowist, most disparaging way possible.

That is why I'm not just wishing, but taking action by protesting, via e-mail, to NACME concerning the contents of their ad. I agree we don't change things by wishful thinking. We do it by taking action, (and maybe by barking loud, like a beagle). It is natural for parents, teachers, etc. to prepare children for the harsh realities of the world. It is also just as natural and realistic to teach them to try to make the world (i.e., our society) a better place. From having read your many posts, I have gathered from you that your definition of being conservative includes having a lack of compassion and respect for others you think "lower" than yourself. You seem to view treating others with respect and kindness as "liberal" traits. I believe there are compassionate conservatives. I do not label myself a liberal, nor do I believe in censorship. I believe in exercising my right to express my opinion, as I've done here. Censorship crosses the line in trying to force someone to do something through legislation or other forced means. I have not tried to do that.

I just think showing people the potential ugliness of others they may encounter is a good lesson. And maybe it'll inspire them to make something out of themselves Oh no! Achievement! Get it away! It burns!:cof:

I just think showing people the potential ugliness of others they may encounter is a good lesson. And maybe it'll inspire them to make something out of themselves Oh no! Achievement! Get it away! It burns!:cof:

I think when you have overcome some of your ugly and obnoxious attitudes towards others, you will have achieved something truly worthwhile. But I think you are the type of person who is determined to have the last ugly word, which you probably will have. I am personally tired of your narrow and nasty way of thinking, so I will not be responding to you anymore in this thread.

I think when you have overcome some of your ugly and obnoxious attitudes towards others, you will have achieved something truly worthwhile. But I think you are the type of person who is determined to have the last ugly word, which you probably will have. I am personally tired of your narrow and nasty way of thinking, so I will not be responding to you anymore in this thread.

Maybe you'll understand what censorship means when you stop trying to use expression to engineer reality.

You too seem to suffer from a mild to severe case of last-wordism, no?

I am not narrow or nasty; you must be thinking of someone else.

p.s. thank you for your interaction. I hope to interact with you again sometime, SnoopyPants.

Well, here's a poopy from MS. Snoopypants to you!

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

Who said it's ok? It's not ok. it's.

Forum List

Back