off with their heads

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
From what I've been reading in the British press, and what's conceded at the bottom of the Independent article you've attached, this group represent a very small element of the British public. That's not to say that there aren't people who oppose the Royal family and the luxurious lifestyle they enjoy at the taxpayers expense, there are; but they're well protected by specialized armed officers and they act as ambassadors for the UK. They do perform a roll, abeit a small one.

That said, Charles is widely regarded as a fool and I'm sure being poked in the ribs didn't do Camilla any long-term damage. I mean, their predecessors had to deal with far worse than a few student agitators; as many of their heads really did roll.

From what I've been reading in the British press, and what's conceded at the bottom of the Independent article you've attached, this group represent a very small element of the British public. That's not to say that there aren't people who oppose the Royal family and the luxurious lifestyle they enjoy at the taxpayers expense, there are; but they're well protected by specialized armed officers and they act as ambassadors for the UK. They do perform a roll, abeit a small one.

That said, Charles is widely regarded as a fool and I'm sure being poked in the ribs didn't do Camilla any long-term damage. I mean, their predecessors had to deal with far worse than a few student agitators; as many of their heads really did roll.

I am sure they were well protected, But was shocked to see this type of display given to the royals. I thought the Brits were more respectful no matter what. I wonder just how long the Brits will allow them to stay in that kind of lifestyle?

Forum List

Back