Off we go...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv>Dubbyuh in La-La Land</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>According to the Rand think tank study on peacekeeping, we would need 500,000 troops in Iraq just to provide security. Guess what? We don't have 'em. We're stuck big time. It may not be Vietnam, but it's sure a quagmire.

A heavy contender in the Immortal Idiocy category is Paul Wolfowitz's pre-war assertion to Congress, "There is no history of ethnic conflict in Iraq." According to a report in the New York Times, Sunni, Shi'a and Kurds are all arming themselves in anticipation of civil war. (Some superb reporting from Iraq is being done by John Kifner and John Burns in the Times.)

The perpetually peevish pundit George Will has condescended to explain to us all that our problems in Iraq are but the obligations of empire. Yup, Bwana Will-ji says we gotta take up the white man's burden. "Regime change, occupation, nation-building -- in a word, empire --are a bloody business. Now Americans must steel themselves for administering the violence necessary to disarm or defeat Iraq's urban militias." That's us, gotta steel ourselves to administer the necessary violence because THEY are making us do it. One assumes after penning this advice, Bwana Will-ji grabbed the memsahib and headed on down to the Imperialists' Ball.

Meanwhile, the Heathers (as Washington's lightweight pundits are collectively known) are atwitter over the new Bob Woodward book. From reading secondhand accounts of it, the item that stopped me was not when Bush decided to invade Iraq --- as per Clinton's testimony to the 9-11 commission and Paul O'Neill's book, Bush apparently wanted to invade from before he was sworn in. It's the Prince Bandar story that left me whomper-jawed. Do you remember when someone who was connected to someone who was connected to someone who was connected to China was found to have raised money for Bill Clinton? The right wing came completely unglued over it, and all manner of hideous conspiracy theories were advanced. Maybe the Saudis trying to influence our elections shouldn't startle me -- the new book "House of Bush, House of Saud" is all about that connection. Still, the non-denial denials from the White House and the Saudis smell like rotten meat. Just what we need, a prez in hock to the Saudis.

One of the eerie things about Bush's press conference performance was just how divorced from reality he is. Not only is he still claiming we're going to find the WMD and that Saddam Hussein was linked to 9-11, but he actually claimed we went to war to save the credibility of the United Nations. The man is living in Fantasyland.</blockquote>

Yessiree boys and girls, We're seeing a major break with reality in the form of Dubbyuh's dirty little war and the constantly morphing rationales that are being developed in attempt to justify it. Trouble is, none of 'em convince anyone with half a brain.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
<center><h1><a href=http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv>Dubbyuh in La-La Land</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>According to the Rand think tank study on peacekeeping, we would need 500,000 troops in Iraq just to provide security. Guess what? We don't have 'em. We're stuck big time. It may not be Vietnam, but it's sure a quagmire.

A heavy contender in the Immortal Idiocy category is Paul Wolfowitz's pre-war assertion to Congress, "There is no history of ethnic conflict in Iraq." According to a report in the New York Times, Sunni, Shi'a and Kurds are all arming themselves in anticipation of civil war. (Some superb reporting from Iraq is being done by John Kifner and John Burns in the Times.)

The perpetually peevish pundit George Will has condescended to explain to us all that our problems in Iraq are but the obligations of empire. Yup, Bwana Will-ji says we gotta take up the white man's burden. "Regime change, occupation, nation-building -- in a word, empire --are a bloody business. Now Americans must steel themselves for administering the violence necessary to disarm or defeat Iraq's urban militias." That's us, gotta steel ourselves to administer the necessary violence because THEY are making us do it. One assumes after penning this advice, Bwana Will-ji grabbed the memsahib and headed on down to the Imperialists' Ball.

Meanwhile, the Heathers (as Washington's lightweight pundits are collectively known) are atwitter over the new Bob Woodward book. From reading secondhand accounts of it, the item that stopped me was not when Bush decided to invade Iraq --- as per Clinton's testimony to the 9-11 commission and Paul O'Neill's book, Bush apparently wanted to invade from before he was sworn in. It's the Prince Bandar story that left me whomper-jawed. Do you remember when someone who was connected to someone who was connected to someone who was connected to China was found to have raised money for Bill Clinton? The right wing came completely unglued over it, and all manner of hideous conspiracy theories were advanced. Maybe the Saudis trying to influence our elections shouldn't startle me -- the new book "House of Bush, House of Saud" is all about that connection. Still, the non-denial denials from the White House and the Saudis smell like rotten meat. Just what we need, a prez in hock to the Saudis.

One of the eerie things about Bush's press conference performance was just how divorced from reality he is. Not only is he still claiming we're going to find the WMD and that Saddam Hussein was linked to 9-11, but he actually claimed we went to war to save the credibility of the United Nations. The man is living in Fantasyland.</blockquote>

Yessiree boys and girls, We're seeing a major break with reality in the form of Dubbyuh's dirty little war and the constantly morphing rationales that are being developed in attempt to justify it. Trouble is, none of 'em convince anyone with half a brain.

Wow, I've been listening to your ignorant filth for some time now, but you've outdone yourself here. A brain is a terrible thing to waste, but no one will stop you if that is your wish.

Iraq was in violation of several u.n. resolutions. He kicked out inpectors, flaunting the terms of a previous CEASE FIRE AGREEMENT. He should have been taken out for that reason alone. But the eurolib u.n. politicians were on the take from saddam so wanted to do nothing. They were corrupt bully, there was no noble reasoning behind their unwillingness to act. They were covering their own criminality. And you're on their side. You sicken me. Truly.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Wow, I've been listening to your ignorant filth for some time now, but you've outdone yourself here. A brain is a terrible thing to waste, but no one will stop you if that is your wish.

I'm as well informed as you are old son, probably better.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
ONot only is he still claiming we're going to find the WMD and that Saddam Hussein was linked to 9-11

This alone makes the credibility of this author laughable. Bush never claimed Saddam was linked to 9/11. Of course some knuckleheads like to twist things out of context and believe otherwise.

Is the writer your girlfriend, Bully?

banner.gif

Originally posted by jimnyc
This alone makes the credibility of this author laughable. Bush never claimed Saddam was linked to 9/11. Of course some knuckleheads like to twist things out of context and believe otherwise.

Is the writer your girlfriend, Bully?

banner.gif

Oh, right I forgot: all good writers are good looking?
Stick to you points, jim. No reason to make fun of the appearance of the author.

Tactless.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Oh, right I forgot: all good writers are good looking?
Stick to you points, jim. No reason to make fun of the appearance of the other.

Tactless.

I could care less. This asswipes incessant trolling on the board and making baseless accusations of our President and his family is tactless. The writing is also garbage. I notice you didn't refute the point about Bush 'supposedly' linking Saddam and 9/11 in his speech. Now THAT'S tactless, and also lying.

I could care less. This asswipes incessant trolling on the board and making baseless accusations of our President and his family is tactless. The writing is also garbage. I notice you didn't refute the point about Bush 'supposedly' linking Saddam and 9/11 in his speech. Now THAT'S tactless, and also lying.

Unfortunately, a large number of Americans are under the impression that Saddham WAS behind 9/11.

But yeah, putting words in someone's mouth is tactless.

And thanks for quoting my article, so everyone could see how grotesque looking she is a second time!

Jim, I am your humble servant.
Anything I can do to help.;)

Unfortunately, a large number of Americans are under the impression that Saddham WAS behind 9/11.

Then they are either naive or ignorant. But blaming Bush for their mistaken beliefs is simply retarded. Having suspicions based on Saddam's track record is one thing but claiming that belief is based on what Bush said is wrong. Bully has repeated this crap so many times that I'm convinced he actually believes his own lies by now. I think it's time he reads more than op/ed articles to get his facts.

Then they are either naive or ignorant. But blaming Bush for their mistaken beliefs is simply retarded. Having suspicions based on Saddam's track record is one thing but claiming that belief is based on what Bush said is wrong. Bully has repeated this crap so many times that I'm convinced he actually believes his own lies by now. I think it's time he reads more than op/ed articles to get his facts.

Anyone who repeatedly makes statements that are EASILY refutable, is just not worth talking to.

Debating is great fun, but when one side is just making shit up, it really isn't a debate. Not one their going to win anyway...:rolleyes:

JoeBlow: My favorite color is blue.
SueShmoo: My favorite color is red.
JoeBlow: Well George Bush said in his S. o U. address that red isn't even a color.
SueShmoo: Um, okay Joe, whatever you say...

Molly Ivins, :eek: yikes. That is actually a dated photo of her. I saw her on Book TV, with O'Reilly and Franken (what an episode that was) she looks much different than that picture. And she is an enormous Bush hater.

But yeah, putting words in someone's mouth is tactless.

No they are not. They know it was Bin Laden and Al-Queda.

Originally posted by Gop guy
No they are not. They know it was Bin Laden and Al-Queda.

Prior to the Iraq Invasion, several national polls indicated that 7 out of 10 americans believed that Hussein was responsible for 9/11. This is most likely the result of the vague references to 9/11, terrorism, WMD, and iraq.

http://www.instapundit.com/archives/010446.php

THE SADDAM/OSAMA CONNECTION, DOCUMENTED. INTERESTING ARTICLE BY THE JUDGE I CLERKED FOR, Judge Gilbert S. Merritt of the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, who has been in Iraq on a judicial-assistance mission with the ABA:

Through an unusual set of circumstances, I have been given documentary evidence of the names and positions of the 600 closest people in Iraq to Saddam Hussein, as well as his ongoing relationship with Osama bin Laden.

I am looking at the document as I write this story from my hotel room overlooking the Tigris River in Baghdad.

One of the lawyers with whom I have been working for the past five weeks had come to me and asked me whether a list of the 600 people closest to Saddam Hussein would be of any value now to the Americans.

I said, yes, of course. He said that the list contained not only the names of the 55 ''deck of cards'' players who have already been revealed, but also 550 others.

When I began questioning him about the list, how he obtained it and what else it showed, he asked would it be of interest to the Americans to know that Saddam had an ongoing relationship with Osama bin Laden.

I said yes, the Americans have, so far as I am aware, have never been able to prove that relationship, but the president and others have said that they believe it exists. He said, ''Well, judge, there is no doubt it exists, and I will bring you the proof tomorrow.''

So today he brought me the proof, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is right.

The document shows that an Iraqi intelligence officer, Abid Al-Karim Muhamed Aswod, assigned to the Iraq embassy in Pakistan, is ''responsible for the coordination of activities with the Osama bin Laden group.''

The document shows that it was written over the signature of Uday Saddam Hussein, the son of Saddam Hussein. . . .

That is the story of the ''Honor Roll of 600,'' and why I believe that President Bush was right when he alleged that Saddam was in cahoots with Osama and was coordinating activities with him.

It does not prove that they engaged together in any particular act of terror against the United States.

But it seems to me to be strong proof that the two were in contact and conspiring to perform terrorist acts.

Up until this time, I have been skeptical about these claims. Now I have changed my mind. There is, however, one big problem remaining: They are both still at large and the combined forces of the free world have been unable to find them.

Until we find and capture them, they will remain a threat — Saddam with the remnants of his army and supporters in combination with the worldwide terrorist organization of Osama bin Laden.

Read the whole thing. Those who know Judge Merritt -- a lifelong Democrat and a man of unimpeachable integrity -- will know just how significant this is.

UPDATE: I was in a rush when I posted this -- literally getting ready to walk out the door -- and neglected to thank Clayton Cramer for emailing me the link to this story, which I had entirely missed. I should also note that, although Judge Merritt is both smart and honest, he could of course be wrong, or deceived, here. I wonder, though, why this story hasn't gotten more attention, given that it doesn't seem to have been discredited anywhere.

Forum List

Back