Of those who served in the military, what was your favorite country visited?

Shoot if you test positive for drugs in the Air Force these days they just throw you in confinement for about 6 months to a year and give you a bad conduct discharge.

Hell first place I bought Hash was in Naples 1980. Never saw a piss test until late 82, I think

Who sold it to you? Humpty Dumpty?

82's about right...

I remember standing on the bridge wing one day, we were in port - I am smoking a joint. This would have been 79. Around the corner comes the first class SM who's the ship's MAA. I flipped the thing over the side, and there wasn't a damn thing he could do.

Hell - the Zero's would smoke in the Weirdroom on their duty nights!

Dont know who sold it to me, I got it in the gut. Remeber lighting after shave in the top of the shoe polish tin to cover the smell and blowing the smoke into a towel. Also making little hash pipes from the black government pens.:eusa_shhh:

Those black gov't issue pens made the best hash pipes. Used that silver "gasket" as the bowl. Glad to see another 70s-era vet in the house.

I remember when we went to Greenham Commons in England to shoot against some Royal Marines. It was around 80 or so. We gave them a good run for their money, but at the end, they came out on top.

They took us into town to a pub. Oh my GAWD!!! I have NO IDEA what happened after midnight, but I hear we had a lot of fun. The owner of the pub was so nice. The locals were very, very nice and I'm not sure I bought a round all night.

They came over to the Air Force Academy a year later. They were there for a 'school' or some shit. They all wanted cowboy boots and hats. After shopping, we took them to a country bar in Colorado Springs and they learned how to line dance. It was the funniest damn thing I ever saw. Sitting around a table shit-faced singing David Allen Coe's "Perfect Country and Western Song" at the top of our lungs. They made the DJ play it over and over. They thought it was funny as hell and it was.

In 82 they landed on the Falklands. A couple of those boys are buried on that rock... I'm here to tell you that war sucks.

Last edited:
Yes, didn't really like the wine though, German wine was better. So was the beer.

Actually, some of the best wine in the Med is over in Sicily. Used to stop regularly in Augusta Bay Sicily and Catania Sicily and they had this really red wine that looked like red ink.

People on the boat were ordering cases of it when we came back.

Liked Catania myself.

Catania was a nice city. Used to rollerblade around it when we were inport.

But...........did you ever go to the red light district just off of downtown? Probably one of the coolest places to be, lots of ladies lined up and down the street for about a 3 block area dressed in the sexiest nightwear.

Strangest thing I ever saw was around 5:00 one day and I saw taxis lining up and letting women out, and they pretty much looked like anyone else, at least.........until they got to their little studio and went in, because about 20-30 min later, she'd be out in stockings and lingerie, sitting on a chair in front of her little rented room.

Best part? There were also 1 or 2 bars there to get a beer, and the place was patrolled by the Caribeneri.

Probably the safest place to be in the city at night.

Forum List

Back