of the people, by the people, for the people.

patsaysjack

Rookie
Apr 21, 2010
I have an idea to fix a good chunk of issues. Please give a reason why this would not be a great idea and how it would BLOCK progress in America.

The government is "of the people, by the people, for the people." but it seems as though it is not the case in today’s world. Let’s knock down some walls.

If you notice this means that the government actually "works for us" meaning we are their employers and it should be treated as such.

I propose this: The only source of income for our government leaders should be a set payment by our government voted on by its people. Meaning no outside investments, hand outs, or funding for any part of our government from private sectors.

Also any person running for any form of office should have a set budget for campaign set by the government to ensure an equal race based on the candidate, not the funding.

Closing: I see any funding not from the government to our government officials as a conflict of interest. Anything done without the consent of the people should be seen as treason as that was what this country was based on. For the people. Die on your feet or live on your knees.

Just to throw this out there: Fascism is the merger of corporation with government.

Some good ideas, government officials should receive no more in yearly income than the national average, plus maybe a limited and approved budget by the citizens, NOT THEM for a few of the extra necessities required as representatives for us, their employers. The few politicians with good intentions who put the citizens first, seem to be overruled by the ones who put themselves first.

It's too bad most of the younger generation believe that they work FOR THE GOVERNMENT, not the other way around, or at least it seems that way.

Politicians have just about total control over their lives, health care, income, passing laws making it harder for the citizens to try and limit their power,you name it, all at the expense of the taxpayers that let this whole thing get out of control, including myself.

Not bad. The People really do need to regain control of this country and how much the politicians can earn or what they can and cannot receive from outside interests. I've often thought that if our elections are all that important to us, then the network and cable news stations should donate time for debates on the ISSUES. A couple hours from each of the news outlets on issues that matter will not break the bank for the networks. I really get sick and tired of all the campaign ads we're bombarded with at every election cycle - and I particularly hate the really evil-minded mud slinging ads. We should and could understand the character, career, education, and voting habits of candidates in a much more controlled and civil manner.

Term limits. Representation on a full-time basis or a cut in pay to reflect only the part-time work basis they now work. All these "freebies" and "perks" need to be done away with. Maybe doing that we could get someone in office who actually cares about representing his constituents ... and if they don't the term limits would get rid of them quicker than decades and decades of mediocre or poor representation.

Would require an amendment to the Constitution, you know that tired old document. You may want to read it. It grants to the Government via Congress the power to set wages for Congress and all Federal employees.

Forum List

Back