Of Creepy Al Frankenstein's 141 pieces of legislation...none became law

1. The author of the piece uses a 2014 article for the 141 figure. So fail right there.

2. Doesn't mention most of the time he was there, the GOP held the "do nothing" majority.

3. From the 214 article the slimy op-edder used: Al Franken’s record, sized up – Twin Cities

"Getting a real read on Franken’s record — or any senator’s record — isn’t easy, said Steve Smith, professor of social sciences and political science at Washington University in St. Louis.

“This is probably a more difficult time to evaluate a legislative record in the Senate than I’ve seen in 50 years. The total output of the Congress is so exceptionally low, because of the deep divide between the House and the Senate, that the leaders of both parties — let alone rank-and-file members like Franken — have largely given up on pressing forward with major legislation.
“I think that sometimes you can get a provision in a bill that has tremendous effect,” he said.

The prime example is a bill he introduced in September 2009 requiring at least 90 percent of health insurance premiums to be spent on claims and improving the quality of care. That provision, with a slightly lower percentage, was incorporated into the Affordable Care Act.

This was the signature achievement of his term, said Kathryn Pearson, an associate professor of political science at the University of Minnesota.

“Having a major piece of legislation in the (Affordable Care Act) is a significant accomplishment and especially at the time for a first-term senator,” she said.

Franken got a national diabetes prevention program into the ACA as well.

And included in the 2013 reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act were two provisions he authored..."
=========
He did indeed have some laws passed, even with the wretched current POS GOP congress
(and cosponsored 452 bills and resolutions, top three of all senators)

His 2016 report card: Alan “Al” Franken Report Card 2016 - GovTrack.us

/thread fail.

1. The author of the piece uses a 2014 article for the 141 figure. So fail right there.

2. Doesn't mention most of the time he was there, the GOP held the "do nothing" majority.

3. From the 214 article the slimy op-edder used: Al Franken’s record, sized up – Twin Cities

"Getting a real read on Franken’s record — or any senator’s record — isn’t easy, said Steve Smith, professor of social sciences and political science at Washington University in St. Louis.

“This is probably a more difficult time to evaluate a legislative record in the Senate than I’ve seen in 50 years. The total output of the Congress is so exceptionally low, because of the deep divide between the House and the Senate, that the leaders of both parties — let alone rank-and-file members like Franken — have largely given up on pressing forward with major legislation.
“I think that sometimes you can get a provision in a bill that has tremendous effect,” he said.

The prime example is a bill he introduced in September 2009 requiring at least 90 percent of health insurance premiums to be spent on claims and improving the quality of care. That provision, with a slightly lower percentage, was incorporated into the Affordable Care Act.

This was the signature achievement of his term, said Kathryn Pearson, an associate professor of political science at the University of Minnesota.

“Having a major piece of legislation in the (Affordable Care Act) is a significant accomplishment and especially at the time for a first-term senator,” she said.

And included in the 2013 reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act were two provisions he authored..."
=========
He did indeed have some laws passed, even with the wretched current POS GOP congress

/thread fail.

Awesome, so it’s a huge loss for the Dems that Franken is resigning.

Thanks. You made me so much more happy.

=========

/thread fail.
How are you doing Al? Did I mention I think you're a piece of shit?

=========

/thread fail.
Excellent deflective reasoning to show support of loser politicians doing nothing!

I thought he was a POS senator that Dems wouldn’t miss.

I am much much much happier that he is leaving after Paperview explained to us what an amazing Senator he was.

I believe you, Paperview. Sucks for Dems that Franken is leaving.

=========

/thread fail.
Go suck a dick, jackass.

I am much much much happier that he is leaving after Paperview explained to us what an amazing Senator he was.

I think he was a good senator.

The minute I learned of the picture on the plane of the woman -- I called for him to step down.

Now go back to worshiping your sexual predator, pussy-grabbing POS president.

=========

/thread fail.
Go suck a dick, jackass.

Homophobia from a Prog?

Ouch...

I think he was a good senator.

The minute I learned of the picture on the plane of the woman -- I called for him to step down.

Now go back to worshiping your sexual predator, pussy-grabbing POS president.
Which in fact, makes you an ignorant fool. To date, Franken hasn't admitted to doing anything wrong. In fact, he 'doesn't remember it that way' is his words. The photograph is inconclusive and no proof of his misconduct has been given other than that photo.

It is a dangerous and evil world in which we destroy people on the mere power of an accusation. It is why we have a thing called due process.

Newt Gingrinch said it best. "A million people elected him, and it is only 30 people who find him unacceptable'.

That isn't right. Franken is a piece of shit, no doubt. But there is a larger issue at stake here.

Last edited:
He wasn't put there thru fraud for his brain .....it was to be a yes man for whatever crap Dems wanted

Goddamn, how much did taxpayers pay that worthless POS groping liberal to do nothing???

He won a rigged election by 300 votes.

Dems will just another Demonrat from MN in the Senate, it's not like Franken will be replaced by a Republican.

Forum List

Back