Of all Euro-Americans Italians contributed the most to America

Billy Bunny

Rookie
Sep 25, 2008
Espresso, pizza, pasta, mafia movies, designers clothes America has Italy written all over it, Sicilians, not fucking polentones. Irish, German and British are less visible.

I dunno, dude.. out here in the midwest there is a lot more german heritage than italian...

just sayin.

Considering that the Jewish people constitute a mere one half of one percent of the world's population, Jewish contribution to religion, science, literature, music, medicine, finance, philosophy, entertainment etc., is staggering.

In the field of medicine alone, Jewish contributions are staggering and continue to be so. It was a Jew who created the first polio vaccine, who discovered insulin, who discovered that aspirin dealt with pain, who discovered chloral hydrate for convulsions, who discovered streptomycin, who discovered the origin and spread of infectious diseases, who invented the test for diagnosis of syphilis, who identified the first cancer virus, who discovered the cure for pellagra and added to the knowledge about yellow fever, typhoid, typhus, measles, diphtheria and influenza. Today, Israel, a nation only sixty years old, has emerged at the forefront of stem-cell research, which will, in the near future, give humanity unprecedented medical treatment for degenerative diseases.

There is a passage in the Talmud that says: “We find in the case of Cain, who killed his brother, that it is written: The bloods of thy brother cry unto me: not the blood of thy brother, but the bloods of thy brother is said, that is, his blood and the blood of his potential descendants.” (Sanhedrin 37a, 37-38.)

Over the past 2000 years in particular, millions of Jews have been killed in Inquisitions, Pogroms, and more recently, the horror of the Holocaust. One wonders how much more humanity could have gained from the descendants of those murdered and their potential contributions to mankind.

Below is a short list of some of the most important contributions Jewish individuals have made to society.
Jewish Contributions to Society

Albert Einstein Physicist
Jonas Salk Created first Polio Vaccine.
Albert Sabin Developed the oral vaccine for Polio.
Galileo Discovered the speed of light
Selman Waksman Discovered Streptomycin. Coined the word 'antibiotic'.
Gabriel Lipmann Discovered color photography.
Baruch Blumberg Discovered origin and spread of infectious diseases.
G. Edelman Discovered chemical structure of antibodies.
Briton Epstein Identified first cancer virus.
Maria Meyer Structure of atomic nuclei.
Julius Mayer Discovered law of thermodynamics.
Sigmund Freud Father of Psychotherapy.
Benjamin Disraeli Prime Minister of Great Britain 1804-1881
Isaac Singer Invented the sewing machine.
Levi Strauss Largest manufacturer of Denim Jeans.
Joseph Pulitzer Established 'Pulitzer Prize' for achievements in journalism, literature, music & art.

Jewish Contributions to Society

And Jews gave you Jesus and the Old Testament. :eusa_whistle:

Espresso, pizza, pasta, mafia movies, designers clothes America has Italy written all over it, Sicilians, not fucking polentones. Irish, German and British are less visible.

lol, I'm Italian and I disagree with that....Most of that stuff is purely American :)

Originally posted by Billy Bunny
Of all Euro-Americans Italians contributed the most to America

What the hell is that, Billy?

Italo-American nationalism?

At least explain what polentone means...

1.polentone

A derogatory term referring to Northern Italians. The opposing term is terrone referring to Southern Italians. It is disputed whether or whether not Northern Italy includes the central region of Italy (between Bologna and Rome. The word literally translates to 'Big Polenta' with polenta being a traditional dish of Northern Italy.

(pl. polentoni, polentones)
If I wanted to be racist, I would refer to Paolo as a 'polentone as he was born in Bergamo, a city in Northern Italy.

1. terrone

A derogatory term for Italians south of Bologna. Literally translated it means "farmer". Northern Italians use the term with contempt for their uneducated, and cultureless brothers of the south of Italy.

Hey, look at that stupid fuckin calabrese. What a terrone. He should bo back to his farm and harvest his fuckin eggplants.

"where are you from?" - massimo
"i'm from napoli" - paolo
"oh so your a terrone?" - massimo
"ma vaffanculo, brutto stronzo" - paolo

Urban Dictionary: polentone

Last edited:
Originally posted by eots
are Italians considered white..cuz some look like white guys and then some look like ackmahd the terrorist ?..what's up with that ?

Italy is more or less like the American Continent, eots.

The further south you go, the darker they get.

By the way are Sicilians even Italians? I can not picture an Italian North or South NOT calling a Sicilian JUST that. Or what ever nasty name they have for them too. Just what we need more hate from Europe.

Forum List

Back