O'Donnell Raising More Campaign Funds

So being openly opposed to a war means zilch?

[youtube]76lb9kAbXr4[/youtube]

Here he specifically says that he would have voted "No" on a declaration of war against Iraq. If he opposed the war then you can safely bet that he would support getting all of our troops out of Iraq.

"Paul says invading Iraq was the wrong thing to do, and while he supported the attack on Afghanistan, he expresses reservations about President Obama's mission for U.S. forces there and speaks about the need to scale back overseas commitments."

Kentucky primary reveals GOP rift on Afghan war | Washington Examiner

Being openly opposed to a war years after the fact isn't that difficult. Like I said, what's important is what he plans to specifically do if elected. I haven't heard anything from him about withdrawing from Iraq or Afghanistan. Scaling back overseas commitments could mean a lot of things, and is a vague statement at best.

I'll watch the video you posted however and post my comments on it after.

There's not a single republican in office openly talking about scaling back the overseas military escapades other than Ron.

Rand may not be as extreme on the scaling back as Ron, but you put him up against any establishment Rep and the difference is night and day.

I live in NY and will find a way to get some money into her campaign.I want her to get as much help as possible.I don't understand why Rove and the rest would want a Senator that votes with the Democrats on major legislation.The past is just that.I'm not looking for us to find a person that's perfect from the time they are born till the time they die.That person will never exist.I'm interested in what they are willing to do in Washington for the people that elected them.

If you live in NY, and feel the need to throw away some money on a teapartier with no shot at winning, why not throw your money at Carl Paladino?

There's not a single republican in office openly talking about scaling back the overseas military escapades other than Ron.

Rand may not be as extreme on the scaling back as Ron, but you put him up against any establishment Rep and the difference is night and day.

There's going to be no convincing Modbert until Rand is in office and there are votes to back up our claims.

Having watched the video from May 2009, he seems to admit the mistakes about the invasion and our actions in the Middle East since that time. However, like I said, I'd want to see some specifics about what he says scaling back overseas military operations. I know his father is big on getting rid of bases overseas, etc however I am not going to judge Rand based off of what his father has done. He talks a lot about waste, they all do in Washington, but they don't do anything about it.

Rand over time has been moving further and further away from his father on all type of issues. So I want to see what Rand has planned, not what Ron has planned if you know what I mean.

The fact he's more extreme than his father on social issues like Abortion, a bit more hawkish, and more in align with the GOP Establishment on issues like the Mosque throws up red flags to me.

There's going to be no convincing Modbert until Rand is in office and there are votes to back up our claims.

Well there is no going to be fully convincing me, and there shouldn't be any fully convincing for you either. It shouldn't make a difference who his father is since sons and daughters can be completely different politically from their fathers.

Having watched the video from May 2009, he seems to admit the mistakes about the invasion and our actions in the Middle East since that time. However, like I said, I'd want to see some specifics about what he says scaling back overseas military operations. I know his father is big on getting rid of bases overseas, etc however I am not going to judge Rand based off of what his father has done. He talks a lot about waste, they all do in Washington, but they don't do anything about it.

Rand over time has been moving further and further away from his father on all type of issues. So I want to see what Rand has planned, not what Ron has planned if you know what I mean.

All we really have to go on is his words at this point. I also consider his upbringing, because I think that it's a variable that applies. He may not be exactly like his father, but he's got his father's general views. He has simply taken them and tweaked them to fit his comfort level.

That he's moving away from Ron can simply be attributed to the fact that at the end of the day, you have to play politics. Ron didn't break 10% because some of his ideas weren't accepted by the mainstream. People ALMOST liked him, but then there were some things that killed it for them.

Rand is taking those specific things, and refining them to a more "mainstream" view. That's what you have to do in politics if you want to make it.

When and if he gets into office, we will see how he handles things. But for now, there are specific reasons I have for trusting him. I've been listening to the guy talk now since late 2006 when I was introduced to Ron. I know Rand pretty well. Probably better than most republican voters.

Well there is no going to be fully convincing me, and there shouldn't be any fully convincing for you either. It shouldn't make a difference who his father is since sons and daughters can be completely different politically from their fathers.

might want to tell some liberals that though. Who seems to use the argument for example that JEW BUSH would be Just like GW.

Not that I want Jeb to run in anyway. Just making a point.

Yes, they can. But we were familiar with Rand before he ran for Senate, and I find it unlikely that he's become a neocon in a year and a half.

[youtube]P-ft0bv9XYg[/youtube]

Rand Paul at the first ever Tea Party in December of 2007.

New Topics

Forum List

Back